Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

He should just admit that he would actually rather support Spurs or Everton the way he bums them. It's like he preferred it when we were shit. I really dislike him now. You can tell the way he talks about us he's not a true fan, you'd never hear one us come out with the shit he does. He's a twat

Maybe he plans to talk Vardy into moving to Spurs!

Edited by My Nads

The tweets Lineker was sending out when we beat United last year are his true colours coming out. He would be a hypocrite to say Vardy should stay here over a big move so he didn't say it. Fair play to him. Leicester legend.

Walsh and Elliott are real Leicester fans, but Gary doesn't come across like they do. He comes across more like Savage a lot of the time. How is it in Vardy's best interest to move to a "bigger club"? He would be on the bench and his career could come to a halt quite easily. 

Lineker is a media man these days and not kicked a ball in anger in almost 25 years. Man is in a different world.

Will never forget what he did for us when we were in the shit but the bloke is a miserable ****ing twat.

• Like 1

Walsh and Elliott are real Leicester fans, but Gary doesn't come across like they do. He comes across more like Savage a lot of the time. How is it in Vardy's best interest to move to a "bigger club"? He would be on the bench and his career could come to a halt quite easily.

Almost guaranteed England call ups and probably a double or triple in wages would be decent for him.

I really think he appreciates what the club has given him though and as long as we are hitting these highs, he has no reason to move on.

With or without us, I imagine his next contract will see him on over 60k a week.

So you don't think he's good enough to start for a 'big club'? I could make a similar argument that it's you who isn't a real fan. But I won't because that would be equally stupid.

So you don't think he's good enough to start for a 'big club'? I could make a similar argument that it's you who isn't a real fan. But I won't because that would be equally stupid.

I think Vardy is the best player in the league. He could easily play for a big club, but the chances of him being the focus of the team like he is here are very small. Do you think he would he the leading goal scorer if he played for anyone else? The best thing for Vardy is for him to stay here, sign a big new contract and continue to play how he has been for us.

I reckon the owners* will splash big-time in the Transfer Window, as I bet even them didn't expect us to be this strong currently.

* Well they did mention, apparently, they wanted Champions League football in a few years' time.

I reckon you're wrong as hopefully they aren't so stupid to disrupt things with a reflex gambling response when things are otherwise going well.....oh, hold on.....

• Like 1

I agree with the sentiment as well. It's not my primary concern that city do well to give encouragement to all other similar size clubs, but I think it's really important that the hegemony of the elite is challenged by somebody and at the moment it's us. Otherwise, whats the point of having a league. Edited by Jacnah

Wasn't offside. It's just we're so used to the whistle going if there's any doubt that we're actually surprised if a player is level with the defender when the pass is made and play continues. Didn't the rule used to be the shoulders had to be clear of that of the opponents or am imagining a bit of bullshit?

Law of the game is that you are in an offside position if a part of your body with which it is legal for you to score with is in an offside position. They got rid of the 'daylight' rule at least 5 years ago.

In the context of Law 11 – Offside, the following definitions apply: • “nearer to his opponents’ goal line” means that any part of a player’s head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent. The arms are not included in this definition

Source: http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/laws-of-the-game/11-v-11/interpretation%20of%20laws%202015-16/law-11---interpretation-of-the-laws-of-the-game-2015-16.ashx

Edited by Richard