Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Wasn't offside. It's just we're so used to the whistle going if there's any doubt that we're actually surprised if a player is level with the defender when the pass is made and play continues. Didn't the rule used to be the shoulders had to be clear of that of the opponents or am imagining a bit of bullshit?

It wasn't so long ago that they kept talking about having to see daylight between the last defender and the forward and that the advantage should always be in the attacker's favour but I've yet to see too many following this rule.

Edited by Shilton's_Godson

It wasn't so long ago that they kept talking about having to see daylight between the last defender and the forward and that the advantage should always be in the attacker's favour but I've yet to see too many following this rule.

That was never at any point a rule though. The daylight thing was a fallacy invented by pundits. Much like the "if you have your hands away from your body or they're in an unnatural position it's a handball" which is another fallacy invented by pundits.

Liked this comment...

"Most intriguing game of the season... Complete opposites

- A shit defence versus a shit attack, a good attack versus a good defence , that's only actually good because the attack is so shit.

- Leicester play very open and direct and concede a lot of possession, United play very tight, short and hog possession.

- Leicester have the most in form striker in the country, United have the most out of form striker in the country.

- You've got one team that cost about 500 million to put together and yet play the worse football in the division and then you've got the other team which cost about 30 million to put together who play arguably the most exciting football in the division."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/leicesters-secret-is-not-playing-any-good-teams-20151126104192

You know you've truly made it when you get an article in the Sport section of the Daily Mash!  :thumbup:

ha. whoever is phoning in the results for us is doing a sterling job. well done sir (or Madam) :appl:

I tried but I switched off in solidarity for the guy in the red chair desperately trying to raise the IQ of the room and getting shouted down by yet another terrible attempt at humour by a man who can't conceive of Vardy scoring a goal against Man Utd because of the team's name.