Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

http://www.redcafe.net/matches/leicester-city-vs-manchester-united.74/discussion

The Red Cafe don't appear too confident, well not for that lot anyway!

Leicester City Football Club nicknamed The Foxes, The Blues, City, and Blue Army; are a professional football club based in Leicester; and were founded in 1884 by a group of old boys of Wyggeston School as Leicester Fosse, and joined the Football Association in 1890. In 1919, when League football resumed after World War I, Leicester Fosse ceased trading due to financial difficulties of which little is known. The club was reformed as Leicester City Football Club, particularly appropriate as the borough of Leicester had recently been given city status. Although they have never won the title in the top division of English football, Leicester City have enjoyed moderate success through the years - winning 3 League Cups, and reaching the final of the FA Cup 4 times. Watford's most prominent rivalries are with fellow Nottingham Forest, Coventry City and Derby County; and they have been playing their home games at The King Power Stadium (originally named Filbert Way) since 2002.

You learn something new every day! :mellow:

Apparently Wenger said don't rule Leicester out of the title race.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

If you see what he actually said, it was just him being diplomatic. He also said you can't rule out Chelsea or even the bottom club mathematically.

Once again, the media making something out of nothing.

I've often found Utd fans to be quite knowledgeable about other teams to be fair. Man City too. Arsenal fans seem to be in their own little bubble where any other team is irrelevant.

that's cos utd fans are bound to know about their local club rather than the one they support !

Edited by st albans fox

I've often found Utd fans to be quite knowledgeable about other teams to be fair. Man City too. Arsenal fans seem to be in their own little bubble where any other team is irrelevant.

Yeh. I think that taking everything into account, Arsenal fans are the worst in the Premier League by quite a stretch. 

Guardian Football Weekly think Utd is a step too far, have played 4 of last year's top 9 and not won (I'm not sure if that's true...), will likely fall away in December etc etc.

Those four are

Arsenal, Spurs, Stoke, Southampton

We've not beaten any of them but then we've only lost to one of them.

Yeh. I think that taking everything into account, Arsenal fans are the worst in the Premier League by quite a stretch. 

Yeah they really are! Wenger is one of the best managers in Europe, but those muppets are always saying he should get the boot every time he doesn't buy a player they don't need.

Guardian Football Weekly think Utd is a step too far, have played 4 of last year's top 9 and not won (I'm not sure if that's true...), will likely fall away in December etc etc.

Maybe. I don’t think there is much of a precedent here though.  No-one can confidently predict what will happen to us because there aren’t too many examples from history.

Has there been another season in which an outsider has topped the league this far into the Season?   I can only remember Norwich in 1992, they were 8 points clear in December and went on to finish 3rd.  

One thing’s for sure. If we win tomorrow then everyone will have to take us seriously as contenders for a Champions League place.

Golden days!

Those four are

Arsenal, Spurs, Stoke, Southampton

We've not beaten any of them but then we've only lost to one of them.

They just like to put us down, but they must be a bit stupid. There's nothing to say we have to beat the top teams to win the league. We've lost 1 of our last 17, that's better than anyone else in this league has managed.

They just like to put us down, but they must be a bit stupid. There's nothing to say we have to beat the top teams to win the league. We've lost 1 of our last 17, that's better than anyone else in this league has managed.

Aye as they could have said 3 of last years top nine out of 4 that we've played haven't beaten us and 2 of those 3 were away. 

http://www.wsj.com/articles/english-soccers-out-of-nowhere-goal-machine-1448472897

Nice article from yesterday's The Wall Street Journal about Vardy. It's crazy to see this kind of global coverage for a Leicester striker.

That'll be me banging on about Leicester around the office!

(Edit: not a random office, the Wall Street Journal office as that's where I work lol)

Edited by shiv
  • Like 2