Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I like Danny Higginbottom, but I think he might be misinterpreting stats s bit. He makes us sound like an unadventurous park the bus team with a few quick players.

We let the oppo have the ball in their half all day, but we're not sat deep inviting pressure to break if you ask me. We're often the team taking it to the oppo, despite them having more of the ball.

http://ind.pn/1Nghy4D

Edited by Babylon

I've often found Utd fans to be quite knowledgeable about other teams to be fair. Man City too. Arsenal fans seem to be in their own little bubble where any other team is irrelevant.

I live in Manchester and have worked with loads of United fans and they all seem to know a lot about the league, and after the end to last season, us. The lads at work aren't expecting an easy game this weekend and see us as equals right now. They're not just talking about Vardy and Mahrez either, they have good knowledge on the rest of the team. I wouldn't say they're scared but they're not confident either.

I like Danny Higginbottom, but I think he might be misinterpreting stats s bit. He makes us sound like an unadventurous park the bus team with a few quick players.

We let the oppo have the ball in their half all day, but we're not sat deep inviting pressure to break if you ask me. We're often the team taking it to the oppo, despite them having more of the ball.

http://ind.pn/1Nghy4D

That is an absolutely gash article-we don't defend deep, Vardy doesn't prey on mistakes, and of the three he highlights as our pacy breakers (Schlupp, Dyer, Albrighton), we rarely have more than one on the pitch at any one time. He's spent ten seconds reading stats and made 2+2=7. Enjoy Saturday Danny!

• Like 1

That is an absolutely gash article-we don't defend deep, Vardy doesn't prey on mistakes, and of the three he highlights as our pacy breakers (Schlupp, Dyer, Albrighton), we rarely have more than one on the pitch at any one time. He's spent ten seconds reading stats and made 2+2=7. Enjoy Saturday Danny!

you wonder how they even get paid, give the job to a fan at least it would be accruate.

Claudio in the Guardian on why 40 points is still the plan

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/27/claudio-ranieri-leicester-city-interview

Great read, thanks for sharing. I love how CR mentions the supporters nearly every time he's interviewed. He seems to be really enjoying himself here.

I usually find the Telegraph quite reliable. I hope that's true and we have valued him at 30 million. No club is going to pay that for a 28 year old, surely?

Decent article in the Mail (for a change) :-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3336772/As-Leicester-City-Premier-League-uplifting-tale-Foxes-moved-middle-England-centre-stage.html

...a potted history of the club (only oddity is that Mr Lineker doesn't get a mention).

Edited by theadmans

Vardy has been class this season and his work rate will not drop, but he will hit a blip where the ball isn't going in. I think Lineker's point was completely valid. I would have said the same. If he had said anything different he would have looked like he was making some kind of childish remark that you would expect to hear from mourinho.

Loving this from Klopp:

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said: "It seems Leicester can do everything. They fly through the league at this moment and it is deserved. It's a brilliant job what they do. The whole league is full of respect for them."