Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

We are just a nobody club that doesn't have rivals because we are so insignificant apparently.

Give it a year an they'll be paying us to be a part of their pre season friendlies just so they can put bums on seats.

They'll be paying us to come so they can market and promote the rivalry.

I'll see your bin dippers and raise you a shovel full of reality.

• Like 3

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44340

Some of it complimentary, some of it not.

A bit strange if i'm honest, no idea why they feel the need to get so defensive. Have I missed the Lineker/Shilton thing?

They're improving in one way though, the little administration dig wasn't on the first page.

I particularly enjoyed the "slim squad of journeymen" comment at the bottom of page 3.

Highly amusing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3379889/PREMIER-LEAGUE-STATS-SPECIAL-Mesut-Ozil-Romelu-Lukaku-Jack-Butland-lead-way-halfway-stage-season.html

This is a pretty decent article for the stats of the season so far.  What stands out to me and is a great improvement from last season is we have the least amount of goals coming from errors, 1 and no red cards.  We aren't putting adding any more pressure to the game through our own mistakes.

Most heartening is the distance run and sprints. It'd be nice to see that broken down by position to see if the running is evenly distributed but as it currently stands fatigue shouldnn't set in too soon.

Forest have got to the Coventry stage in my eyes. I don't even look to see how they've got on anymore and I barley laugh when I seen they've lost. Mental to think Forest fans my age wil have only seen them win The first division once and play a couple of seasons in the top flight, and still think they're the biggest team in the region.

Must be tough seeing everyone purr over us and now even Derby are getting their act together.

• Like 1

Forest have got to the Coventry stage in my eyes. I don't even look to see how they've got on anymore and I barley laugh when I seen they've lost. Mental to think Forest fans my age wil have only seen them win The first division once and play a couple of seasons in the top flight, and still think they're the biggest team in the region.

Must be tough seeing everyone purr over us and now even Derby are getting their act together.

as ive said for a while, anyone my age or below (21) outside of nottingham has never heard of nottingham forest. i personally don't ever remember them for anything other than being that team ole gunnar scored about 18 goals against, that knockaert goal and robert earnshaw's backflips. they don't register anymore. nobody cares. 

as ive said for a while, anyone my age or below (21) outside of nottingham has never heard of nottingham forest. i personally don't ever remember them for anything other than being that team ole gunnar scored about 18 goals against, that knockaert goal and robert earnshaw's backflips. they don't register anymore. nobody cares.

Spot on. I was 5 when Forest last won something. My perception of them being anything more than second/third tier dross is simply based on what people have told me, rather than anything I've actually experienced myself.

I'd say 40% tops of the crowd at the City Ground were alive and old enough to actually remember, when they had their time in Europe.

• Like 1

To comment on to the worldsoccertalk.com article hat davieG posted:

Leicester vs Man Utd had one million viewers on NBC, which is a fantastic audience on a holiday weekend Saturday where college football dominated TV.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2015/12/premier-league-ratings-nbc-manchester-united-leicester-city-viewership-nbcsn/

From the same site, Leicester vs Chelsea had 381,000 viewers on NBCSN, which is decent for a Monday afternoon on cable.

It will be interesting to see how things work out if/when Leicester do get an NBCSN or USA game in the coming weeks against a team that's not one of the well-known powerhouses of the league. But before both of those games, NBC/NBCSN's TV ads for the game focused entirely on Leicester and Jamie Vardy. The big boys sell themselves, but NBC would only be happy to have another big ticket draw.

Nobody your age cares mate and I get that. But for those of us in our mid forties and older like me, they'll always register. We endured years of them winning things while we were shit and although their hate is for Derby, I always look out for their results in the hope they lose. Our recent success tastes all the more sweeter to me seeing Forest currently suffering, and the tables have well and truly been turned.

All things bright and beautiful all creatures great and small, Leicester rule the Midlands, and Forest rule fvck all...

Hell i can remember Notts County being better than us, the sad thing for Forest is they have not played top flight football this century. Taking into account we are nearer 2020 than 2010 Forest haven,t been a big team for some time. We have a rivalry for forms sake but it is even worse for them that Derby are out performing them. Their finances look pretty shot and forget the big money Leicester tag they have spent plenty and the 2nd coming of Nigel Pearson worked a lot better than the 2nd coming of King Billy.

Puzzles me driving round Leicester seeing youngsters in other teams kits but the numbers seem to be dropping, must be a pisser driving round Nottingham seeing Leicester shirts on the youngsters.

Forest were league champions and won the EC twice, they achieved what we are dreaming about now, they were like us, a relatively smaller club mixing it with the big boys, they even broke the transfer record with Trevor Francis at the time, while we were the perennial boing boing relegation,promotion,relegation boys. All the time looking on while our neighbours won trophies and plaudits. They said it could never be done again but now we are showing that it might just happen (still dreaming).

Best feeling whenever we won and Forest lost followed by a rendition "Oh I never felt more like singing the blues when Leicester win and Forest lose, Oh Leicester , we'll be singing the blues" . Especially knowing some people were glory seeking Forest fans.

• Like 2

Nobody your age cares mate and I get that. But for those of us in our mid forties and older like me, they'll always register. We endured years of them winning things while we were shit and although their hate is for Derby, I always look out for their results in the hope they lose. Our recent success tastes all the more sweeter to me seeing Forest currently suffering, and the tables have well and truly been turned.

All things bright and beautiful all creatures great and small, Leicester rule the Midlands, and Forest rule fvck all...

i meant more in terms of the footballing world. sure it's still funny when they lose, it's still funny watching them with forest fans in work when chris ogrady is stumbling about up front as they lose to bristol city and its still funny that they're again doing shit. but i meant in terms of general football chit chat and column inches etc they don't register. nobody has anything to say about them or even knows who they are anymore in the grand scheme of things. for 20 years or so, a whole generation of the human race, they're a nothing club. a barnsley, a peterborough, a huddersfield. they're barely more than notts county to your average football fan these days.

• Like 2

i meant more in terms of the footballing world. sure it's still funny when they lose, it's still funny watching them with forest fans in work when chris ogrady is stumbling about up front as they lose to bristol city and its still funny that they're again doing shit. but i meant in terms of general football chit chat and column inches etc they don't register. nobody has anything to say about them or even knows who they are anymore in the grand scheme of things. for 20 years or so, a whole generation of the human race, they're a nothing club. a barnsley, a peterborough, a huddersfield. they're barely more than notts county to your average football fan these days.

Yeah, from that perspective you're right. It just feels weird for those of us who once saw them dominate general chit chat and column inches to now being no longer relevant. I guess the longer their demise and our success continues, the less and less the rivalry matters - which I think is a bit of a shame. Who the fvck are our rivals these days anyway? With Cov, Derby and Forest now insignificant, I guess it's Villa (for this season anyway). Maybe having a local rival doesn't seem as important now we're focused on CL qualification lol

Yeah, from that perspective you're right. It just feels weird for those of us who once saw them dominate general chit chat and column inches to now being no longer relevant. I guess the longer their demise and our success continues, the less and less the rivalry matters - which I think is a bit of a shame. Who the fvck are our rivals these days anyway? With Cov, Derby and Forest now insignificant, I guess it's Villa (for this season anyway). Maybe having a local rival doesn't seem as important now we're focused on CL qualification lol

yeah we'll be having internet wars with bayern munich or psg fans for the next few years not forest and coventry

• Like 2

Guest bss9401

Ipswich, Aberdeen, Villa, Everton, Spurs, Liverpool, West Ham, Man Utd, Arsenal and Dundee Utd all won major European competitions in the same period as notts forest and it is understandable they are constantly banging on about it with their neighbours or rivals. Rangers and Leeds almost won one so it is not such an anomaly that notts forest won. It was a fantastic achievement and I would love us to get close one day but British clubs dominated in and around the 1980's and notts forest and the others were very lucky to have good, competitive teams around that time.

And Ranieri’s overachievers will be buoyed by news they will get £1million between the squad for every 10 points on the board.

And they will be quids-in with an £8m boost by staying in the race to finish top this season.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6835437/Claudio-Ranieri-Leicester-City-players-are-en-title-d-to-party.html

And Ranieri’s overachievers will be buoyed by news they will get £1million between the squad for every 10 points on the board.

And they will be quids-in with an £8m boost by staying in the race to finish top this season.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6835437/Claudio-Ranieri-Leicester-City-players-are-en-title-d-to-party.html

IF true, that means the squad of 20 ish each getting 5k for a draw and 15k for a win. Given that they have this opportunity every week, that's a pretty decent incentive to pretty well double their wages in most cases.

I've never understood why forest fans my age go on about the 2 European Cups. They weren't even alive when they won it never mind alive and able to understand the success.

I'm an Englsnd fan but the fact we won it when my Dad was 7 means the only thing it means to me is a possibility of nipple rub if going jogging/running in an England shirt.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

A little Monday afternoon treat for everyone from a butthurt Bournemouth fan on us apparently netting D.Gray:

"It does need explaining (Why Gray didn't join Bournemouth over us). Leicester couldn't beat us on either occasion they played us this season, and if he bothered to watch the game on Saturday he would have realised that we are far fitter and technically adept then they will ever be. I would say that next season we will finish higher than Leicester, once we have gone through the learning curve of playing in the Premier this season."

This is why I want this lot to go down so badly so I can go back to not hearing about them every 30 seconds at work and in town. 
Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

A little Monday afternoon treat for everyone from a butthurt Bournemouth fan on us apparently netting D.Gray:

"It does need explaining (Why Gray didn't join Bournemouth over us). Leicester couldn't beat us on either occasion they played us this season, and if he bothered to watch the game on Saturday he would have realised that we are far fitter and technically adept then they will ever be. I would say that next season we will finish higher than Leicester, once we have gone through the learning curve of playing in the Premier this season."

This is why I want this lot to go down so badly so I can go back to not hearing about them every 30 seconds at work and in town. 

lol How you can say that about a team sitting 2nd in the Premier league and who also romped the Championship better than they did is beyond me.

And once they reach the champion's league after their triumphant second premier league season they'll only have to play in the group stage to test their resolve and get used to the learning curve before winning the whole damn thing the season after, easy eh?