Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

The Bournemouth folk are just upset that they aren't being seen as the story of the season because

1) despite being 90% of pundits relegation favourites we're smashing it

2) Watford are surpassing all expectations and were in many pundits bottom 3 (far more that Bournemouth)

They were lapping up the praise when they were being told they would avoid relegation. But now that they're doing exactly as many people predicted, they're crying because they're not being talked about as the plucky underdogs defying all odds

The sad part is - there's highly likely three other teams that are more **** than them this season.

Ah, they play semi-decent football and their manager's a decent bloke. You can't get too wound up by a bunch of armchairs thinking they are better than they are.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that, come May, there's every chance the League will be better off to the tune of one Stadium of Light full of bitter delusion, and one Villa Park full of Forest-lite big club arrogance... We can spare a few big gobbed newbies enjoying their wins over Manchester clubs. Who knows-next year they might be worth the hubris. It all seems strangely familiar...

Always love how people on here detest a club because 1 or 2 fans said some ridiculous things on their board lol.

The only true hater is scouse who I believe hates everybody but Leicester and Liverpool.

hey I like the Arsenal an Bristol rovers too don't make me out to be a hate filled young man

Its one lad on a forum that isnt really football oriented.

You might aswell be pulling up all the posts from reddit and 4chans/sp/ where we get called the 'meme team of the season' and 'we' will all fall apart whilst posting Chat Shit Get Banged in capitals repeatedly widely welcomed

Its one lad on a forum that isnt really football oriented.

You might aswell be pulling up all the posts from reddit and 4chans/sp/ where we get called the 'meme team of the season' and 'we' will all fall apart whilst posting Chat Shit Get Banged in capitals repeatedly widely welcomed

The football section over there is one of the busiest bits of it. Just because it's not a dedicated football forum doesn't mean there's not a football base there.

The football section over there is one of the busiest bits of it. Just because it's not a dedicated football forum doesn't mean there's not a football base there.

Alright Doc, I had a quick scan and it does get more posts than an average forum. Its still just one post out of a hundred though, in a thread not even relative to us at the moment. The designated Leicester one is getting no drama at all.

I like this thread I just dont want to hear of every bad mouth out there, even when completely irrelevant, I see loads of stuff written about us out there but my brain clicks into 'Yup, thats bollocks' mode fast.

Please yourselfs like lol

Does anyone else think this thread has run its course? It used to be a cool thread from when we were in the FL and as such national media coverage was much more sparse so it was really nice when there was an article on us. Now it's just twats going on other forums, finding one bad post and linking it. It's shit.

Either bin it or make two threads, one for other forums/articles slagging us off, and another which just has good quality national coverage of our club.

• Like 1

Does anyone else think this thread has run its course? It used to be a cool thread from when we were in the FL and as such national media coverage was much more sparse so it was really nice when there was an article on us. Now it's just twats going on other forums, finding one bad post and linking it. It's shit.

Either bin it or make two threads, one for other forums/articles slagging us off, and another which just has good quality national coverage of our club.

I think this one still has its uses, just might be people are too eager sometimes. its the internet ffs, there are most likely people arguing about the shades penguin fur right now somewhere, do we all want to hear about it?

Good point

Perhaps we could faction it off into two threads. A "Do they mean us? Worldwide media" thread and a "Do they mean us? Other fans views" thread. There are definitely some interesting articles from around the world that are worth reading, and some tosh from journalists too, but you have to filter through all the posts of people calling other teams."poverty" everytime we get criticised.