Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Will Ranieri's mentality short change Leicester fans?

Our poll says no. The Daily Mail says...:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3384864/Claudio-Ranieri-s-mentality-let-Leicester-fans-deny-miraculous-Premier-League-title-victory.html

(On a phone, if someone can cut and paste to save giving them web traffic that might be a plan...)

From the Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jan/11/fa-cup-talking-points-third-round#comment-66545180

100% Spurs-focused, but at least it wasn't Kane. See if you can spot the deliberate error though...

3) Tottenham fail to make most of Trippier’s strengths

Kieran Trippier was, alongside Danny Ings, Burnley’s leading assist-maker last season and took that honour by a distance the previous season when he set up 12 goals as they won the Championship title. Over several seasons his crossing has been excellent in open play and more dangerous still from set pieces, and he has one assist from one league start this campaign, his centre having been cleverly turned in by Son Heung-min at Watford on 28 December. It was, therefore, surprising to see Spurs focus so many of their attacks down the left flank against Leicester where, for all that he earned the match-saving penalty, Danny Rose’s delivery is far less reliable. With Nacer Chadli starting on the left of a front three and Josh Onomah, theoretically on the right of that group, often floating across the field to join him, Trippier was frequently left isolated on the opposite flank. It was tempting to wonder how many corners Christian Eriksen would be allowed to waste before Trippier was called in to take one in his stead – a question to which the answer was sadly never found. Mauricio Pochettino cannot be expected to plan his tactics round a player whom he selects so infrequently but neither does it seem sensible not to utilise his best attributes. Simon Burnton

How many subeditors do they have?

Well they did get a trophy! lol

That's not the formation we played for about 150 games under Pearson then? :unsure:

I like CR but surely he knows that.

Formation yes, but not that personnel, a right footer on the left, left footer on the right, wide players cutting in on their stronger foot, support striker dropping deeper. More men in and around the box and not just wide players whipping crosses in.

Pearson's 442 was very different to Ranieri's and played in a different way.

Formation yes, but not that personnel, a right footer on the left, left footer on the right, wide players cutting in on their stronger foot, support striker dropping deeper. More men in and around the box and not just wide players whipping crosses in.

Pearson's 442 was very different to Ranieri's and played in a different way.

Eh? Did you miss Nugent playing a withdrawn role or Knocky or Mahrez playing almost exclusively from the right?

We'd often only have one playing wrong side, but that's more down to only buying a right footer at start of last season... Before that Lloyd, Knocky, Mahrez, Schlupp all left footed.

• Like 1

Rather enjoyed that! As an aside, it's surprising to see how much they seem to rate Leicester.

They're a sound bunch on Bluemoon, they seem to know more about us than any non Leicester fans and most of them are happy we are doing so well. I remember when we gave Derby THAT hammering in the Championship and there were a few on there that said we would do well in the Prem. If somehow we don't win the league I hope City do.

They're a sound bunch on Bluemoon, they seem to know more about us than any non Leicester fans and most of them are happy we are doing so well. I remember when we gave Derby THAT hammering in the Championship and there were a few on there that said we would do well in the Prem. If somehow we don't win the league I hope City do.

Despite the accusations of new-found fandom levied against many of their supporters, I do think that the core appreciates the rising and falling of football fortunes and isn't nearly as arrogant as some others. I appreciate that a great deal.

It's like most clubs, the hardcore fans that know their stuff hold a great conversation. I met a lot of Manchester City and Manchester United fans that go every week when I was at Uni in Manchester, had great conversations with both sets of fans. Don't mind either club.

Dont understand the fuss about this Leicester side on these past two showings... Just seems its two touches back then wallop it. All counter and nothing else... I mean it works for them and good luck to them (and they all work hard for each other) but surely they cant do this style every week?

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/tottenham-hotspur-v-leicester-in-the-league.16506/page-29#post-930016

We've been doing it for at least 21 games already, Sonny.  :cool:

Edited by MC Prussian

It's a classic reaction to a defeat. Last year we played them twice and were patted on the head for being unlucky, how are you bottom of the league?, good performance as they took six points from us and we went away quietly. Now we've won it's disgusting, horrible to watch etc. 

Lovely :cool:

"**** Leicester man. I was all for them winning the league and all that br after sitting through two games of park the bus long ball bollocks that somehow gets talked up as genius by commentators they can **** off."

Didumms

lol so one of the hardest away games that you can play, and we are suppose to commit everyone forward... plus we created more than enough to have won both games, didn't see that much bus parking

There's some serious butthurt in that Spurs thread!

Sod em, we've played them twice in the league so they can just be forgotten about now. Once we've knocked them out of the cup we can truly forget about them.