Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

They've gone into meltdown on there.

If only possession stats won you football games.....

It is good, when people think possession wins games... while Ranieri has this amazing trick in which involves putting the ball into the net more times than the opposition. It is working you genius Ranieri...

What a pleasant evening have to say I have never experienced such a bunch of deluded above their status fans as Spurs fans.

Was in a pub last night before the game they were running a book on the score, scorers etc before the game.

Comments such as Leicester are shit, none of their players would get in Spurs team etc, etc there luck will soon run out. Scores such

As 3 1, 4 1, 5, 1 etc Kane hattrick. All this before the game had kicked off.

I was so pleased when we did them it felt so good. What a great night.

Edited by suffolk fox

Kane is the second coming of Jesus

The way they were going on about "how well" he took that penalty on the walk to the station on Sunday you'd have thought he'd done it facing an ISIS firing squad rather than Kasper. Decent pen but hardly worht a cocksucking.

It's interesting how fans seem to think that having lots of possession means they are a great team and should win by default.  So many times Spurs would pass the ball across the back, little passes to midfield, back to the defenders, left to right then a run down the wing and instead of crossing it in, turn back and start play again that might result in a long shot.

As soon as we get the ball we aim to get an attack going.  If our possession, corners, passes, shots are less than Spurs yet we win that would lead you to believe that we are doing something right in the limited time with the ball and Spurs are doing lots wrong with theirs. 

• Like 1

It's interesting how fans seem to think that having lots of possession means they are a great team and should win by default.  So many times Spurs would pass the ball across the back, little passes to midfield, back to the defenders, left to right then a run down the wing and instead of crossing it in, turn back and start play again that might result in a long shot.

As soon as we get the ball we aim to get an attack going.  If our possession, corners, passes, shots are less than Spurs yet we win that would lead you to believe that we are doing something right in the limited time with the ball and Spurs are doing lots wrong with theirs. 

It's because of reports like this

Was Liverpool's 51-pass move against Bournemouth the best team goal ever scored?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-51-pass-move-against-bournemouth-4834570

In any other sport fannying about for long periods before getting the job done is seen as the wrong way of doing it yet in football if you don't pass the ball nicely and needlessly then you're dog shit. We are taking the piss out of football right now and if we win the league it'll be the single biggest achievement of any club EVER.

In any other sport fannying about for long periods before getting the job done is seen as the wrong way of doing it yet in football if you don't pass the ball nicely and needlessly then you're dog shit. We are taking the piss out of football right now and if we win the league it'll be the single biggest achievement of any club EVER.

WE play like we're a basketball team quick breaks and everyone defending,what's wrong with that?

• Like 3

I think it's fair to say that we've reached the part of the season now where our being in the top 4 will go from being charming and refreshing to damn right annoying. Expect the fans of big teams to quickly turn on us whilst everyone else is cheering us on to win it.

It is funny listening to opponents' post-match interviews. Week after week it's "we dominated / we had more possession and therefore we deserved to win". One day this fascination for possession will end but until that day I'll continue to revel in the moaning and just smile at the league table. Question you have to ask yourself is "would I rather watch a Leicester team that has 30% possession but who look like scoring for that whole 30% or a Man Utd team that has 70% possession but passes it side to side for 70 minutes?"

• Like 1

"We didn't lose to a good Leicester side, we lost to a total anti-football, boring team who's total intention is to stop any form of football in a game..they stopped the game in any way they could. They are the new Stoke, 11 men behind the ball, launch it from the back and hope someone gets on the end of it. The constant time wasting and play acting is to make sure the other team don't get any rhythmn going.."

lol

"We didn't lose to a good Leicester side, we lost to a total anti-football, boring team who's total intention is to stop any form of football in a game..they stopped the game in any way they could. They are the new Stoke, 11 men behind the ball, launch it from the back and hope someone gets on the end of it. The constant time wasting and play acting is to make sure the other team don't get any rhythmn going.."

lol

I've noticed some of that though, maybe it's Ranieri's Italian tactics he speaks of. The ball boys with the towels at home for example (last night showed Fuchs doesn't even need the towel in wet conditions to throw the ball long) is a time wasting tactic introduced a few months ago that's not really needed.

lol

In all fairness it's an approach most successful teams take, when under the cost they buy free kicks and run the clock down, basically do anything possible to disrupt the flow of the team on top, something we've probably learnt from last season when we were playing some great football yet not getting the results we felt we deserved, we just weren't street smart enough, no coincidence our game management has massively improved and so has our results, so I say carry on the spoiler tactics and let all these fans moan about how they "deserved" to beat us

I think it's fair to say that we've reached the part of the season now where our being in the top 4 will go from being charming and refreshing to damn right annoying. Expect the fans of big teams to quickly turn on us whilst everyone else is cheering us on to win it.

It is funny listening to opponents' post-match interviews. Week after week it's "we dominated / we had more possession and therefore we deserved to win". One day this fascination for possession will end but until that day I'll continue to revel in the moaning and just smile at the league table. Question you have to ask yourself is "would I rather watch a Leicester team that has 30% possession but who look like scoring for that whole 30% or a Man Utd team that has 70% possession but passes it side to side for 70 minutes?"

To be fair, if they managed to pass the ball sideways for 70 minutes when they only have 63 minutes of possession, those 7 minutes would be quite a spectacle.. :ph34r:

I've noticed some of that though, maybe it's Ranieri's Italian tactics he speaks of. The ball boys with the towels at home for example (last night showed Fuchs doesn't even need the towel in wet conditions to throw the ball long) is a time wasting tactic introduced a few months ago that's not really needed.

I'm sure he'd still use a towel but away teams are unlikely to provide something that helps him produce a better throw.

Other teams tend not to need them as they don't have anyone with his ability.