Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I've noticed some of that though, maybe it's Ranieri's Italian tactics he speaks of. The ball boys with the towels at home for example (last night showed Fuchs doesn't even need the towel in wet conditions to throw the ball long) is a time wasting tactic introduced a few months ago that's not really needed.

We've had towels and dodgy ball balls for a long time. We got banned from the multi ball system once didn't we as the ball boys were playing silly buggers... something like that.  I've not noticed anything more than normal.

Oh my, Spurs fans are providing some beautiful bitterness. If I was them I would be bitter as well, they've been in the league for god knows how many years with not a lot to show for it and in our 2nd season back in the Prem we are 7 points clear joint top in January. lol

Don't buy into all this 'possession hype'.

Guardiola has made Bayern a worse side since going there. They won everything the season before playing quick counter attacking football, now they only win the league.

Could not agree more with you. He was gifted the best team in the world at Barcelona when they stuttered he jumped ship to bayern who were the best team in the world and has taken them backwards imo. Not as good as people make him out to be. (He is still a fantastic manager mind. Just not what people say he is)

Eh, we played long balls and managed the game against the likes of spurs and man city, then we were direct but without the hoofing and cynical game management against the likes of swansea and Newcastle, almost like ranieri knows what we're capable of, what the opposition is capable of and tinkers with the game plan to exploit the weaknesses.

I'd rather that than play one way and then whinge when someone stops us like spurs are, simply because that's how you win titles

Let's put the talk about Bayern "going backwards" aside for a little. They're quite obviously an awesome team. They have 46 points in 17 league games, they all but murdered Dortmund, and they won their Champions League group with a +16 goal difference.

• Like 2

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6860289/Jan-Vertonghen-slams-Leicester-after-Tottenham-defeat.htmlNow Vertongen is crying.

I find the line about when you have the ball, they kick it to the forwards, when they don't they defend as a team really funny.  As if this allowed in football.  

Also regarding him saying our players cheat and block off at set pieces, he's the worst at fouling and getting away with it, didn't he pull Leo back last season just as he was about to take a shot?

I can imagine a lot of games are getting really frustrating for Riyad as he gets 2/3 men on him and constantly fouled when he skins people.  Carroll was chopping him all game.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6860289/Jan-Vertonghen-slams-Leicester-after-Tottenham-defeat.htmlNow Vertongen is crying.

I find the line about when you have the ball, they kick it to the forwards, when they don't they defend as a team really funny.  As if this allowed in football.  

Also regarding him saying our players cheat and block off at set pieces, he's the worst at fouling and getting away with it, didn't he pull Leo back last season just as he was about to take a shot?

I can imagine a lot of games are getting really frustrating for Riyad as he gets 2/3 men on him and constantly fouled when he skins people.  Carroll was chopping him all game.

Blocking off at set pieces... ha ha ha ha ha... it was your own player you total gonad.

Vertonghen comes out and says they knew how we would play and that it works for us, not quite sure how that's him crying or slamming us...

People need to stop looking for external negatives constantly. Jeez. It's like things are going to well within the club that people need to feed off of some negativity elsewhere.

• Like 1

“They always approach every game in the same way so we knew what to expect – they kick every ball they get long and run. And when they don’t have the ball they all defend. But I suppose it works for them.”

Isn't that what football is all about.

Spanner.

“They always approach every game in the same way so we knew what to expect – they kick every ball they get long and run. And when they don’t have the ball they all defend. But I suppose it works for them.”

Spanner.

I find it's much more effective to kick between the keeper and the defenders and just pray the opposition get an own goal at some point

Spanner.

lol lol

Good grief. 

Spanner.

Ha! The mind games are beginning.

If we continue winning I’m sure the other big clubs will start to change their attitude to us. So far they have just grinned and patronised us as “plucky little Leicester a breath of fresh air” etc.  Once they realise that we’re not going to go quietly, they’ll all start to undermine us with the ‘long ball’ tag.

Maybe Potty should make his own players “defend when they don’t have the ball”  rather than letting Eric Dier pray to Mecca when he’s supposed to be defending corners…

417412-e2d89184-ba46-11e5-87b8-65c989f6e

• Like 2

Spanner.

lol we aren't allowed to win the ball back now... how dare we make it hard for them to score

I tell you what I seriously hope we sit back again in the cup and nick another 1-0 win to see them in meltdown lol

Nah i'd rather we went to town and completely outplayed them at their own game and won easily. Would shut them them up then!