Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

It's clear what he's on about. We managed 39 in the first half of the season, we've managed 4 since and we need 36 to reach the 40 points in the second half of the season he spoke about. He meant 3 + 1 (Bournemouth draw) and now 36 to go.

Three Tottenham fans in my office very fair today. Particularly complimentary of Drinkwater and Albrighton, openly admitting too that if they both played for Spurs, they'd be England internationals.

• Like 1

The BBC are at it now. Can't find anything new to say about us, so instead they are trying to rip into our esteemed Italian stallion. However, it does seem that the joke is on them as what he actually says makes perfect sense, does it not?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35318133

It makes sense...

we got 39 in 19 first half of the season, and the target from then was another 40

we have managed to get another 4 in the next two games taken us to 21 matches

meaning we now need 36 more points to achieve the 40 points he is looking for in the second half of the season. I think the person that wrote that needs to sort their maths out

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

I like to have a read on the other forums, particularly post match, I never comment but just love to see the view of the game from a opposing fan, we all see the game through rose tinted glasses (or blue in our case) I actually love seeing the comment "I don't know how we lost this game, we had most of the possession"

Well Enjoy your tick tack pass side to side possession based football because I enjoy 3pts!

It's clear what he's on about. We managed 39 in the first half of the season, we've managed 4 since and we need 36 to reach the 40 points in the second half of the season he spoke about. He meant 3 + 1 (Bournemouth draw) and now 36 to go.

2 large and 3 small please Rachel..

Post 573 on the spurs forum:

"if proof were needed

that is it - there is no justice in football."

Justice for what exactly? There's only been one team robbed at WHL this week and it's certainly not them!

Spurs, easily the luckiest team in the division, what a cvnt.

That article is more The S*n having a pop at us, rather than the player

Sort of.

He has implied a few things there. Although we aren't good at set pieces that's utter trifle. We would be if every team marked like they did during the last 180 minutes though.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Don't post often, if rarely and I know it's Talksport, but this is quite nice to see and true as well. Especially as, most of the season so far, they've had us as misplaced and far too lucky.

http://talksport.com/football/premier-league-clubs-power-ranked-all-20-teams-worst-first-based-expectation-v-results?p=19

Again, sorry for linking Talksport.

To be honest we haven't been at our best last few games and have been more cautious, but that is understandable 3 games without a goal has affected us.

Spurs can cry and bitch all they want, we won fair and square and hopefully that will lift spirits for the Villa game where a solid 2-0 Mahrez and Vardy will do everyone the world of good, except Villa.

To be honest we haven't been at our best last few games and have been more cautious, but that is understandable 3 games without a goal has affected us.

Spurs can cry and bitch all they want, we won fair and square and hopefully that will lift spirits for the Villa game where a solid 2-0 Mahrez and Vardy will do everyone the world of good, except Villa.

Yeah I miss the days when Mahrez and Vardy scored every week. Would be nice if one (if not both) scored on Saturday.

Spurs, easily the luckiest team in the division, what a cvnt.

Last season they burgled more wins than a vintage Ferguson Man United side. Twice they beat us very fortunately, as well as very lucky wins at Villa (when Benteke was sent off for nothing) and Swansea. And that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there were others.

Most Spurs fans I know are very accepting of their place in the world. There's a resigned acceptance that they'll somehow find a way to screw things up no matter how promising things look. More proof if it were needed that looking at opposition forums is not a good idea if you're looking for sensible opinions.