Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Tch more like apprecihate.

Off topic, have you done the Otley run yet? Planning on hitting it up during pre season and want to know if it's as brutal as it sounds. @MickyTheWorkGeordie also.

It's a long old slog of pubs, you'll do well to finish. Closest I got was the Fenton on Woodhouse lane, about 3 or 4 from the end, I passed out on the pool table and the manageress had to take me home.

Ha ha. Well done. Posted without comment no doubt to make fools like me see the City shirt and think "Oh bugger, don't tell me we've signed him"

A quick look on BBC suggests he has joined a club in Singapore called Tampines.

Make your own jokes about that club name, by the way...

• Like 1

It's a long old slog of pubs, you'll do well to finish. Closest I got was the Fenton on Woodhouse lane, about 3 or 4 from the end, I passed out on the pool table and the manageress had to take me home.

Ah yeah, forgot you work in Leeds don't you.

lol at the bit in bold, did you get fed and fed some more?

We are planning on having a fairly big group, so hopefully everyone is accounted for a looked after on the route. The aim is to start around 11am to give us plenty of time to make it round.

lol at the bit in bold, did you get fed and fed some more?

We are planning on having a fairly big group, so hopefully everyone is accounted for a looked after on the route. The aim is to start around 11am to give us plenty of time to make it round.

lol lol afraid not!

It's always more of a laugh in a big group, on any given Saturday there will be anywhere between 15 and 30 groups of different people doing an Otley Run, it's all a good laugh. 11 is a good time to start as well, you'll probably find that you're racing through them at about 1, but getting out of headingley and on to the edge of town near the Uni takes it out of you.

Tch more like apprecihate.

Off topic, have you done the Otley run yet? Planning on hitting it up during pre season and want to know if it's as brutal as it sounds. @MickyTheWorkGeordie also.

done it twice. 

First time around I suffered a lot. Ending up back at my mates flat and was sick on his laptop lol.

Second time around was much better! Made it all the way and really felt a sense of achievement lol

Loved doing it though. First time was fancy dress as well. 

• Like 1

done it twice. 

First time around I suffered a lot. Ending up back at my mates flat and was sick on his laptop lol.

Second time around was much better! Made it all the way and really felt a sense of achievement lol

Loved doing it though. First time was fancy dress as well. 

I'm hoping for more of the latter and less of the former. Looks like it could be a good day out though by the sounds of it. Cheers lads.

p.s. Spurs are dicks :ranieri: ! So much for little old bournemouth :rolleyes: .

Ha ha. Well done. Posted without comment no doubt to make fools like me see the City shirt and think "Oh bugger, don't tell me we've signed him"

A quick look on BBC suggests he has joined a club in Singapore called Tampines.

Make your own jokes about that club name, by the way...

Wonder what sort of (Body)form they're in Edited by Mark WNI

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jan/17/leicester-city-premier-league

What is the obsession with expected stats these days? Still people convinced we'll fall off and the justification seems to be "They're scoring more and conceding less than the average team would"

Because regression to the mean is a thing that exists. Just because it predicts against us doesn't mean we should disown it.

• Like 2

Because regression to the mean is a thing that exists. Just because it predicts against us doesn't mean we should disown it.

I'm well aware it's a thing, but there's no way to properly quantify what a "typical team" is (or to put solid numbers as to the quality of a chance) - all I can assume is that's the average shot conversion, but then simply having better players would qualify you for this stuff about how they've got to fall as they're doing well. 

The fenton is great, we used to play pool there after uni, proper old school gaff

I only did the otley run once in third year and made it to strawbs before id made myself ill, can't remember anything after the eldon

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2016/01/22/aston-villa-vs-leicester-city-game-scores-1-million-viewers-on-nbc/

"

Following are the six matches on NBC to draw more than 1 million viewers this season: Manchester United v. Liverpool, 9/12/2015, 1.2 million Everton v. Arsenal, 10/24/2015, 1.2 million Chelsea v. Stoke City, 11/7/2015, 1.1 million Manchester United v. Leicester City, 11/28/2015, 1.0 million Aston Villa v. Leicester City, 1/16/2016, 1.0 million Chelsea v. Swansea, 8/8/2015, 1.0 million Read more at: https://tr.im/kMCXF"

"An important note is that the Aston Villa-Leicester game is the first time a Premier League match on NBC has hit 1 million or more viewers for a game not involving the Premier League top 5 clubs (outside of Swansea-Cardiff, which had the benefit of an Olympic lead-in in 2014)."

Merson is on Soccer Saturday talking about how well Defoe is playing and if he'd take him to the Euro, and Vardy came up. Thommo mentioned Vardy's electric pace, and Merson said "Is he electric at international level? It's a step up, the players are quicker" lol It's still mostly the same players he's playing against week in week out lol They don't get quicker when they put an international shirt on!

• Like 1

Merson is on Soccer Saturday talking about how well Defoe is playing and if he'd take him to the Euro, and Vardy came up. Thommo mentioned Vardy's electric pace, and Merson said "Is he electric at international level? It's a step up, the players are quicker" lol It's still mostly the same players he's playing against week in week out lol They don't get quicker when they put an international shirt on!

I think he's been back on the beak don't you?