Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

On Talksport (feel free to stop reading here), when the Man City game finished, Sam Matterface (or here) said: "Advantage Arsenal in the title race"

Imagine that in any other season if the third-placed team drew and the second-placed team were three points off top with a game in hand.

Say if it was Arsenal third, Chelsea second and Manchester City top, for example. You'd throw him straight in an asylum.

Is the title given to the team finishing second this year?

I've listened to more Talksport in the past two months than I ever have before because it's brilliant how we keep proving them wrong

• Like 1

Must admit though I too thought the mobile lights were shit don't Watford do that?

Actually we started that whole thing a while back, anyone else doing it is just trying to be cool like us, like "ooh look at us our generators don't work either" only their generators do work the posers.

Actually we started that whole thing a while back, anyone else doing it is just trying to be cool like us, like "ooh look at us our generators don't work either" only their generators do work the posers.

Against Reading when the floodlights kept failing?

TBH thought it was very Championshipesque but hey, it kept people entertained, didn't think the game was that boring personally.

Against Reading when the floodlights kept failing?

TBH thought it was very Championshipesque but hey, it kept people entertained, didn't think the game was that boring personally.

Well we were in the Championship when it started so that makes sense... :D

I think it looks pretty cool once enough people join in.

I like the comments from the Stokies on their forum. Level headed and interesting for the most part, and a lot better than supporters from some clubs.

Apart from that malteser68 lad and a handful of others who are just plain bitter and offer nothing but the regular twisted argumentation - the same "it's a poor league and a poor season so far, it doesn't take a miracle to be top" claptrap.

Well, actually it does take a miracle. Take a look at our budget. Take a look at our squad. Then compare it to yours.

• Like 1

I like the comments from the Stokies on their forum. Level headed and interesting for the most part, and a lot better than supporters from some clubs.

Yeah, fair play to em. An interesting read that thread on their forum. Most seemed very complementary and would rather us win it than the usual suspects. A few piss take comments about our clappers though which I guess is inevitable..

Why do people blame him.

4 managers plus caretekers In one season blame the owner.

What chance did anyone have when the owner had no clue.

He came in in November with us lower-mid table, I highly doubt the fall off a cliff beyond that was the fault of two managers who'd had about a month each in charge. The lack of stability didn't help anything, but if you've got over half a season in charge and you take a team not really in a relegation battle when you arrive down, then you've taken them backwards.

Why do people blame him.

I blame him. He was tactically inept and out of his depth at the time. To his credit I do think he became a better manager for the experience.

He came in in November with us lower-mid table, I highly doubt the fall off a cliff beyond that was the fault of two managers who'd had about a month each in charge. The lack of stability didn't help anything, but if you've got over half a season in charge and you take a team not really in a relegation battle when you arrive down, then you've taken them backwards.

He also spent a fair bit of dosh £2 mill on Howard and Oakley 

Loving it. The more people ignore/slate us the better. 

Keeping under the radar, undetected, and being underestimated is the best way to win a war. 

We aren't really under the radar, mate.

With 3 decent players knackered and a bad outing, they should be gracious. I respect Stoke as a side, and their fans aren't knobs from what I can gather.

Yes they are, hope they go down, then down again, then liquidated please.

Why do people blame him.

Holloway was ****ing awful - took us to our lowest point and played a novice centre half in the middle of the park in one of the most important games in our history.

Mandaric is a stain on this club's history but he gave Holloway cash and November - May to avoid relegation and he failed miserably, that's more than enough. Holloway is a dickhead.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie