Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

David Flatman Column: Leicester City are a glorious antidote to self-serving gits like Diego Costa

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/david-flatman-column-leicester-city-are-glorious-antidote-self-serving-gits-diego-costa#EBXZekeDOGUaCljW.99

What is it about Leicester City? What is it about Exeter Chiefs? I support Arsenal and I want Leicester to win the Premier League. I’m a former Bath player and I’d actually celebrate with a matched ebullience should the Chiefs win the Aviva Premiership.

This probably has something to do with our natural inclination to support the Davids as they battle the Goliaths – but there’s something else too.

There is huge fun to be had in a Ferrari. The feeling of having been able to buy the thing, for starters, must be pretty special, and then the thrill of driving it home and showing it to your mates. But is it ever truly as satisfying to realise half the potential of a Ferrari as it is to wring a Peugeot 205’s neck between villages? Hang on, I’ve ballsed up my analogies here. Anyway, you catch mydrift, yeah?

There is something honest about Leicester City and the Chiefs of Exeter. They haven’t just spent more wedge than anybody else. They haven’t just gone large on a new gaffer who we all know won’t be there next season. They’ve planned, and then they’ve worked. There is a tangible, inspirational spirit leaking from both sides, and I think it comes down to the simple approach of getting the very most you can out of a set of motivated individuals. Nothing more.

Overachieving is where true victory and thrill lies, not in blasting away the opposition with simple horsepower. Where’s the fun in that? That’s just strongest-kid-in-school stuff.

No, Leicester City and Exeter Chiefs are what is most fabulous about elite sport. They let the other, supposedly bigger guns carry on with their invisible-money soap operas, while they bind themselves tighter and tighter to one another, tighter to their game plans, and tighter to their respective coaches. All coaches talk about belief, but Claudio Ranieri and Rob Baxter are building the real thing. It’s joyous to watch.

To me, an armchair football observer, Leicester look like that tough kid from school who didn’t seem to know he was tough. Or that he wasn’t as well off as the others. In his position, most would sulk, but he never did. Not because he was a tough nut, but because he knew no better. I do hope the Leicester players don’t realise how wonderful and valuable they are any time soon. Negativity and cynicism do not seem natural to them, and long may that remain so. They are a glorious antidote to entitled, self-serving gits likeDiego Costa.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/david-flatman-column-leicester-city-are-glorious-antidote-self-serving-gits-diego-costa#EBXZekeDOGUaCljW.99

The only reason some like Geordie is because he is usually complimentary of us. It's the same with pundits and journalists. Football fans will like pundits who blow smoke up their arse and hate pundits who dare to criticise our club, players, manager etc.

Football fans are a funny bunch.

From Yahoo Sports:

By Kevin Darling

No matter how many points Leicester accumulate, their more glamorous Premier League rivals can’t seem to help treating them like buck-toothed peasants. Take Claudio Ranieri’s recent £7.6m bid for wantaway Chelsea striker Loic Remy, who looks destined to leave Stamford Bridge this month. The Mirror reports that instead of rejecting or accepting the bid, the Blues suggested that Leicester might want to give them Jamie Vardy in “part-exchange”.

In other words, “Can you give us the Premier League top scorer in exchange for a player we don’t want, even though you’re top of the league and we’re 13th”? If Liverpool had bid £7.6m for Remy, would Chelsea have responded by asking for Philipe Coutinho as part of the deal? No, because Liverpool are a “big club”. It’s outright Foxism.

And there is more evidence of it in the Sun, which reports that Arsenal are set to increase their bid for Leicester left-back Ben Chilwell from £3m to £4m. Chilwell, 19, impressed in a loan spell at Huddersfield this season and is highly regarded at the King Power Stadium. In fact, he probably has more chance of breaking into the Foxes team than he does of dislodging Nacho Monreal at the Emirates Stadium.

But Arsene Wenger is obviously confident he can persuade Chilwell to quit the league leaders for a knockdown price. It’s Foxism, and the only way to stop it is for Leicester to win the actual league (and then the Champions League next season).

In more upliting Leicester news, the Sun reports that Ranieri could secure Graziano Pelle fromSouthampton for as little as £5m, while the Times adds that the Foxes have bid £14m for CSKA Moscow striker Ahmed Musa.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/hot-football-transfer-gossip-chelsea-090358164.html

From Yahoo Sports:

By Kevin Darling

No matter how many points Leicester accumulate, their more glamorous Premier League rivals can’t seem to help treating them like buck-toothed peasants. Take Claudio Ranieri’s recent £7.6m bid for wantaway Chelsea striker Loic Remy, who looks destined to leave Stamford Bridge this month. The Mirror reports that instead of rejecting or accepting the bid, the Blues suggested that Leicester might want to give them Jamie Vardy in “part-exchange”.

In other words, “Can you give us the Premier League top scorer in exchange for a player we don’t want, even though you’re top of the league and we’re 13th”? If Liverpool had bid £7.6m for Remy, would Chelsea have responded by asking for Philipe Coutinho as part of the deal? No, because Liverpool are a “big club”. It’s outright Foxism.

And there is more evidence of it in the Sun, which reports that Arsenal are set to increase their bid for Leicester left-back Ben Chilwell from £3m to £4m. Chilwell, 19, impressed in a loan spell at Huddersfield this season and is highly regarded at the King Power Stadium. In fact, he probably has more chance of breaking into the Foxes team than he does of dislodging Nacho Monreal at the Emirates Stadium.

But Arsene Wenger is obviously confident he can persuade Chilwell to quit the league leaders for a knockdown price. It’s Foxism, and the only way to stop it is for Leicester to win the actual league (and then the Champions League next season).

In more upliting Leicester news, the Sun reports that Ranieri could secure Graziano Pelle fromSouthampton for as little as £5m, while the Times adds that the Foxes have bid £14m for CSKA Moscow striker Ahmed Musa.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/hot-football-transfer-gossip-chelsea-090358164.html

"its outright foxism"

Love its my word of the day.

The True Geordie is ace I have followed him since the start of last season and he has a great knowledge of football, he is funny as ****. wears his heart on his sleeve and has a soft spot for Leicester. He fanbase has grown massively since the start of the 14/15 channel and he also makes guest appearances on other top football channels. Don't get how you couldn't like his channel.

• Like 1

The True Geordie is ace I have followed him since the start of last season and he has a great knowledge of football, he is funny as ****. wears his heart on his sleeve and has a soft spot for Leicester. He fanbase has grown massively since the start of the 14/15 channel and he also makes guest appearances on other top football channels. Don't get how you couldn't like his channel.

People take things too seriously. 

He's literally a fat bloke who shouts swear words on repeat. Couldn't be less funny.