Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Kante had a decent effort against Man City that went inches wide. But other than that he's never a goal threat. His only goal came due to a classic Gomes comical error.

I'm fine with him not scoring goals. He's a CM who does his job phenomenally well.

hes come pretty close from range vs stoke & bournemouth too off the top of my head. 

to say he will never be much of a goalscorer but say drinkwater has got a great shot on him is a bit ironic, considering they've both scored 1 goal each this season and both had their fair share of close efforts mixed in with row z finders and corner flag hitters. 

Thought it read like a teenage Leicester fan banging on about how good we are tbh.

Thought writing off King as championship quality despite his contribution to our survival last year, claiming Albrighton lacks pace despite the extensive work on his fitness since joining and the claim that Kasper's distribution was incredible were all just outright daft.

Yes it looked like something I would have written when I was 15.

Just saw a Reuters that said that Mahrez value has gone from the £400k we paid for him to 'around 11 million euros'.

11 million fvcking euros? That's £8 million or £4 million less than Jonjo fvcking Shelvey.

What doughnut came up with that estimate?

I saw that too, think they just took the value off transfermarkt, it's currently showing as £7.7M on there. Definitely not a current figure as that was estimated on there back in October 2014. Great research Reuters!

Thought it was a decent account of our players, I don't agree with everything, but then you'll never agree 100% with someone else's views.

The thing that annoys me (not just in this article but in general) is the use of "top,top" For a start it just reminds me of Harry Redknapp,which is never a good thing, and where does it stop. Is top,top the best you can be or is that to describe the so called elite clubs? Maybe whoever wins world club championship is the top,top,top club.

Did anyone see Paul Mersons rant about Everton?

Do you think the comment about us was a tad disrespectful?

http://www.skysports.com/share/10150239

Maybe a little, but you can see where he's coming from.

Everton have possibly the best squad they've had in years, and they are massively underperforming. However, as they tend to play tippy tappy football and take part in high-scoring games, this has mainly been overlooked until now. He was spot on about Stones too - it's great that he's a ball-playing CB, but he needs to learn how to defend first.

And Merse has been pretty favourable towards us for the most part from what I recall, so I don't think it was meant as a dig at us - just at Martinez.

Edited by CloudFox

Did anyone see Paul Mersons rant about Everton?

Do you think the comment about us was a tad disrespectful?

http://www.skysports.com/share/10150239

I'm not sure I agree that they should be above us. Currently we've been the best team this season, we're above everyone, so you can't criticise Everton for not being above us. But I agree they have been poorer than they should have been, and should be much further up the table. Martinez is a fraud of a manager. They look like they play attractive football, but it's totally ineffective. He took over a Wigan team that whilst battled relegation every year had manage to stay in the PL for a while and made them weaker at the back and eventually got relegated. He's taken Everton backwards, and a lot easier to beat. Lucky to be in a job.

Everton should be challenging for top 4, not slugging it out in the bottom half yet again, like they did last season. 

Stones is a great talent but he isnt being coached properly. Martinez is an absolute joke. Can you imagine what Martinez would do with our squad? He would probably relegate us. Ranieri got more tactical nous in his left bollock than Martinez has in his whole brain. 

Merson is right. Our spine is made up of players we signed in the Championship, how are we nearly 20 points above them? We are tactically streets ahead of them, thats why we are above them. Not to mention work ethic.

If Everton and Spurs swapped managers, Spurs would be bottom half and Everton would be in the top 4. 

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

According to an ITK, Nathan Dyer left Swansea because one of their directors slept with his wife. lol

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=157839&page=2

Post is halfway down

I've stated on this forum a few times theay they let him go because of personal issues (aka his misses did the dirty) wasn't aware of it being with a director though.

Reminds me of a dreamteam storyline!

I've stated on this forum a few times theay they let him go because of personal issues (aka his misses did the dirty) wasn't aware of it being with a director though.

Reminds me of a dreamteam storyline!

allegdly it's the dad of that **** ballboy who hazard had to deal with. clearly not his looks that she was after.

I feel really bad for Dyer if that's the case. Also, it's impressive someone attractive actually had sex with that Morgan guy, having seen a picture of him. Looks like the type of guy that picks up prostitutes and then dumps their bodies into rivers.