Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I love how morons are still banging on about how we didn't get a points deduction for going into admin - we were banned from paying new players any money, had to get Mckinley and Summerbee to play for free, and to cap it all off - if we had got a points penalty, be it 10 or the current 12 point deduction - we would have still finished second, and it wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference.

Poor kid  lol

Dodge

I really don't get this Leicester love in. The shit we get from all and sundry about sugar-daddy this, money that, Arabs, money bags City when these ****ers got away with royally ****ing over the Football League and its members by going into administration to the tune of £30 million in 2002.

They were the reason the Football League brought in points deductions for clubs that conveniently fall into administration, to effectively restructure their debts. Leicester City FC was the last club to get away without the points deduction but they still got a shiny new stadium the same year they went under, kept their best players and paid them Premiership wages (thereby ****ing over other well run Football League clubs) and only paid their "non-football" debtors 5p in the pound. These debtors included around 120 local businesses, of whom 29 went out of business. We're talking electricians, caterers, printers, cleaners, one-man bands, the corner shop, you name it. Non-playing staff redundancies were brutal, but they still managed to pay Denis Wise £25k a week to get them out of the Championship.

So, when the Leicester fans take the piss on Saturday (I'm going for WWYWYWS within a record 5 minutes), when they start clapping with those annoying twatty paper happy clapper card things and that ****ing **** starts banging his poxy E-Bay drum, remember that they are supporting a club who have no right to be the self-appointed paragons of all that is good in English football. They are the Scousers of the Midlands, conveniently forgetting all the people they've trampled on in the past.

I hope to **** we rip 'em a new arsehole on Saturday..

That is all.

What a bitter, misguided plonker.

Do yourself a favour and skip the start and go to 8.30, because it's horrific youtube bullshit.... but, It's an interview with Reece Oxford of West Ham, where they ask him who the best player he's played against and the best team.

The answers were (you can probably guess) us and Okazaki. Not too enlightening, but nice to hear a pro respecting what we do and putting down the "interviewer".

http://copa90.com/reece-oxford-exclusive-on-leicester-city-ozil-payet/

Edited by Babylon

Spurs and Palace fans seem to be a breed apart.

Palace seem to have the delusion that they are bigger than they are.

Spurs are just fecked up, an entire generation has grown up playing with Arsenal owning them year in year out. That has bred a special kind of bitterness. I see a similar thing with Everton fans, even though your closest rivals haven't actually been great they've been consistently better than they have.

Arsenal and Chelsea have a few dicks but for me Spurs and Palace are streaks ahead in the competition for London's biggest twats.

Edited by Livid
  • Like 2

Arsenal and Chelsea have a few dicks but for me Spurs and Palace are streaks ahead in the competition for London's biggest twats.

West Ham fans are OK. Spurs fans though are the worst in London. They genuinely think they should be mentioned in the same breath as Arsenal and Chelsea. They are super bitter that Chelsea are bigger than them.

Tottenham are ****ing shite can't stan them, their fans are ****ing useless and shit, grounds like a libary and that slow shitty song is shit.

honestly though they are just a dirty team with a good manager, they play boring possesion football and when the other teams get a chance of attacking they commit the foul. shit team

*** Stat update: after 24 games 300 fouls and 48 cards, dirty bastards.

Imagine getting this angry lol

Do yourself a favour and skip the start and go to 8.30, because it's horrific youtube bullshit.... but, It's an interview with Reece Oxford of West Ham, where they ask him who the best player he's played against and the best team.

The answers were (you can probably guess) us and Okazaki. Not too enlightening, but nice to hear a pro respecting what we do and putting down the "interviewer".

http://copa90.com/reece-oxford-exclusive-on-leicester-city-ozil-payet/

Interesting to hear him say Okazaki, when many of us here have slagged him off repeatedly. He must really be a pest to play against.

Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that football is more than stats.

Interesting to hear him say Okazaki, when many of us here have slagged him off repeatedly. He must really be a pest to play against.

Okazaki plays in the hole and Oxford's job was to stop him but he failed miserably. Although he's only a young lad.

i have to say im actually a bit pissed off we do play good football and that's why we're top. i think i'd enjoy it even more if we really were completely shit and somehow still top. just cos it'd annoy more people. 

as it is it's cool letting people think we hoof it to nobody and just run after it. they think that vardy's first goal was "a hoof and a lucky finish". it was a pass. not a hoof. just because it wasn't 3 yards on the floor to the centre back stood next to him doesn't mean it wasn't a pass. you can pass it in the air you know. you can even pass it forwards if you want. 

Heresy. Don't you know you have to pass it around the back to no-one like John Stones, the greatest centre back in the world.

Poor kid  lol

Dodge

I really don't get this Leicester love in. The shit we get from all and sundry about sugar-daddy this, money that, Arabs, money bags City when these ****ers got away with royally ****ing over the Football League and its members by going into administration to the tune of £30 million in 2002.

They were the reason the Football League brought in points deductions for clubs that conveniently fall into administration, to effectively restructure their debts. Leicester City FC was the last club to get away without the points deduction but they still got a shiny new stadium the same year they went under, kept their best players and paid them Premiership wages (thereby ****ing over other well run Football League clubs) and only paid their "non-football" debtors 5p in the pound. These debtors included around 120 local businesses, of whom 29 went out of business. We're talking electricians, caterers, printers, cleaners, one-man bands, the corner shop, you name it. Non-playing staff redundancies were brutal, but they still managed to pay Denis Wise £25k a week to get them out of the Championship.

So, when the Leicester fans take the piss on Saturday (I'm going for WWYWYWS within a record 5 minutes), when they start clapping with those annoying twatty paper happy clapper card things and that ****ing **** starts banging his poxy E-Bay drum, remember that they are supporting a club who have no right to be the self-appointed paragons of all that is good in English football. They are the Scousers of the Midlands, conveniently forgetting all the people they've trampled on in the past.

I hope to **** we rip 'em a new arsehole on Saturday..

That is all.

Basically he knows we went into admin, and that's about it - our finances were a shit-tip as a result of banking on premier league and going down, but we weren't paying Wise to get us out of the championship, and wouldn't have gone into admin if he'd not have been a royal **** since he was the only creditor who refused a repayment plan iirc.

Heresy. Don't you know you have to pass it around the back to no-one like John Stones, the greatest centre back in the world.

Basically he knows we went into admin, and that's about it - our finances were a shit-tip as a result of banking on premier league and going down, but we weren't paying Wise to get us out of the championship, and wouldn't have gone into admin if he'd not have been a royal **** since he was the only creditor who refused a repayment plan iirc.

He also says that we were the last club to get away without a points deduction, but Ipswich went into administration a few months after us, and also never had a points deduction,but no one seems to remember that.

The fans of other clubs have no idea of what went on when we went into administration.

Neil Warnock constantly going on about us gaining an unfair advantage at the time didn`t help.

We went into administration to protect the club, after a certain agent of a certain ex toss pot of a player, refused our plan, which all our other creditors had agreed too,  and the said agent then served a winding up order on us, meaning we had no choice but to go into administration.

We also get them saying that we kept all our best players, but the truth is all our players were up for sale.

We sold Matt Piper to Sunderland, who was looking like the real deal at that time, Robbie Savage left, as did Gary Rowett.

Muzzy Izzet had talks with both Boro and Villa, but chose to stay here, his choice not ours, and then of course there was the transfer ban that we had.

Of course it suits the bitter fans of other clubs to go with Leicester were cheats, blah blah blah, without actually knowing anything about what really went on.

Just as an aside, the Bolton chairman of the time, also said that Leicester should have been relegated into non league for going into administration.

That`s the same Bolton Chairman who a few years later was advocating no relegation from the premier league, (of course his Bolton side were in the Prem at that time)

With the state of Bolton at the moment, somehow there seems to be some poetic justice being served, from my perspective anyway.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

Okazaki was actually amazing in that game. The reason he's been 'slagged off' is because he hasn't played anywhere near that level since. Much better recently though.

goal425.jpg?resize=425%2C265

A 31-YEAR-OLD has left his wife and two children to spend his life with Jamie Vardy’s goal against Liverpool. 

Nathan Muir announced his decision early this morning after 14 hours spent watching the goal on replay which he described as “the best night of my life”. 

He continued: “This is who I really am. The curves of Vardy’s goal, its forceful, dipping beauty, made me realise I’d been living a lie for far too long. 

“I never made a big thing of it, but I always used to record the goal of the month on VHS when I was a youngster. So it’s definitely not a mid-life crisis.

“I never meant to hurt anyone. I’m not even a Leicester fan. But just look at it.”

Muir, who has moved into a studio flat with a 50″ curved television, mini-fridge and Sky Sports, told his wife he does not plan to contest custody of their children.

His nine-year-old Dylan said: “Mum blames the goal for everything, but I don’t think that’s fair and it is really beautiful. 

“I might be happier living with it.”

• Share:

email_famfamfam.png
    printButton.png

• Like 1

The bitterness is bound to emerge now from some fans. For some of the fans of the "top" or "big" clubs in this division it is becoming apparent we might actually do something special in this "shambles" of a division. Initially, they laughed at how well we were doing. Then, they gave us a pat on the head and told us "you're doing really well, we hope you've enjoyed your stay but you won't be here much longer". Now it's February and we are still top and still taking teams apart. Now, it's not so amusing for these "giants" of English football.

Teams like Spurs, Everton, Liverpool etc..., who have been trying for years to break the top 4 at great expense are being shown up by a bunch of cast-offs. This generation of their fans have been brought up, with help of a sensationalist media, to expect their teams to win things almost by right, despite the fact we have won just as many recent trophies as they have (Liverpool and the Champs League omitted). To be honest, it must be horrible to expect so much every year and to fail to deliver consistently while the same old names take the Title, the Champions League and even the FA/League cups. It must be even worse to then see a "small" club overtake them within the space of a season (the second one after being promoted from the Championship). A decent chunk of their fans expect trophies and success even though many won't have seen much in their lifetime. For some reason history dictates that they should, right?

So in all honesty the bitterness is understandable, with it being borne out of frustration, expectation and downright shock! It doesn't p*ss me off though. I've come to find it extremely entertaining and sometimes bring myself to pity the poor souls who get worked up over how we are top playing apparently defensive sh*t football. After all, that's what gets you 50 points and 44 goals in 24 games. 

The problem for them is they've only ever known getting into Europe or winning a trophy being classed as having a good season. They've not experienced relegation (several, and even to League One). They've not experienced administration. They've not experienced the La Manga incident, going double digits games without a win or Thai-gate. They've not gone to Portsmouth on a Friday night only to see their team get whacked 6-1. They've not seen their team lose two play-off semis in the cruellest of circumstances. They just don't understand what it's like to follow football where fortunes are so drastically different one season to the next. 

For those reasons, and more, a league title or even a Champions League place just wouldn't feel nearly half as good as it would for us Leicester City fans if we were to achieve it. We really appreciate the position we are in now because of years and years of cold days watching our team lose at places like Doncaster, Peterborough and Tranmere. Being top right now feels a million times better than it would for them.

And for that I really do pity them. 

Now let's go all the way and make the impossible, possible!

Brilliantly put.

They think they're bitter? They don't even know what bitter is til they've witnessed the above lol

The bitterness is bound to emerge now from some fans. For some of the fans of the "top" or "big" clubs in this division it is becoming apparent we might actually do something special in this "shambles" of a division. Initially, they laughed at how well we were doing. Then, they gave us a pat on the head and told us "you're doing really well, we hope you've enjoyed your stay but you won't be here much longer". Now it's February and we are still top and still taking teams apart. Now, it's not so amusing for these "giants" of English football.

Teams like Spurs, Everton, Liverpool etc..., who have been trying for years to break the top 4 at great expense are being shown up by a bunch of cast-offs. This generation of their fans have been brought up, with help of a sensationalist media, to expect their teams to win things almost by right, despite the fact we have won just as many recent trophies as they have (Liverpool and the Champs League omitted). To be honest, it must be horrible to expect so much every year and to fail to deliver consistently while the same old names take the Title, the Champions League and even the FA/League cups. It must be even worse to then see a "small" club overtake them within the space of a season (the second one after being promoted from the Championship). A decent chunk of their fans expect trophies and success even though many won't have seen much in their lifetime. For some reason history dictates that they should, right?

So in all honesty the bitterness is understandable, with it being borne out of frustration, expectation and downright shock! It doesn't p*ss me off though. I've come to find it extremely entertaining and sometimes bring myself to pity the poor souls who get worked up over how we are top playing apparently defensive sh*t football. After all, that's what gets you 50 points and 44 goals in 24 games.

The problem for them is they've only ever known getting into Europe or winning a trophy being classed as having a good season. They've not experienced relegation (several, and even to League One). They've not experienced administration. They've not experienced the La Manga incident, going double digits games without a win or Thai-gate. They've not gone to Portsmouth on a Friday night only to see their team get whacked 6-1. They've not seen their team lose two play-off semis in the cruellest of circumstances. They just don't understand what it's like to follow football where fortunes are so drastically different one season to the next.

For those reasons, and more, a league title or even a Champions League place just wouldn't feel nearly half as good as it would for us Leicester City fans if we were to achieve it. We really appreciate the position we are in now because of years and years of cold days watching our team lose at places like Doncaster, Peterborough and Tranmere. Being top right now feels a million times better than it would for them.

And for that I really do pity them.

Now let's go all the way and make the impossible, possible!

They then rescue their season by winning the FA Cup, and moan about it FFS.

A competition we last reached the final of when I was 6 months old!

They then rescue their season by winning the FA Cup, and moan about it FFS.

A competition we last reached the final of when I was 6 months old!

Furthest I've seen us go was... well... I'm not going to mention it, still makes me sad.

(I'm 22 btw if that helps you work out that game)