Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Mahrez goal video

http://www.cbssports.com/soccer/eye-on-soccer/25475303/watch-leicester-city-star-embarrasses-defenders-on-way-to-wild-goal

Leicester City and Manchester City battled on Saturday morning in the most anticipated match of the weekend, and somehow the Foxes ran wild. Leicester took a stunning 3-0 lead early in the second half, with the second goal as magical as they come.

From the talented Riyad Mahrez, it was a brilliant, cheeky, and astonishing goal. Watch how the Algerian lifts the ball over one defender before beating another with a step-over, only to then leave Joe Hart with no chance at stopping his shot.

That's not luck, that is sublime skill. What a player, what a goal, and what a team.

Just wanted to share this with you guys. I thought it was both hilarious and fits the moment. LCFC are the hottest stuff right now and it's no different here in Poland. People all over the world write poems about Leicester! It's actually a fable, like Aesop's or La Fontaine's fables :D

This is from LCFC - Man City match thread on the biggest Polish football site. The translation is rushed and obviously far from perfect but I believe I did this gem of random internet poetry at least some justice with post-Google-translate facelifting.

Today, for a change, I'll tell you a fableAbout The Lion, The Eagle, and The Devil who created a gangAnd with the red Gun,They were a threat in England, making others feel groggy!Thus many years they spent on their stoolsBut finally the day came, when they were all sitting quiet,The Fox came out of his den, reknown for his cleverness,and decided to overthrow this iniquity, though "Wow!you’ll be first to perish, "- said everyone concealedThe Fox said: "Cowards! You suck!"And then he sneaked to the castle of wicked,First, The Devil - will he turn The Fox’s face pale?But The Devil was boring, and made others feel sleepy!So the road so far wasn’t that creepy.The Lion’s chamber! Terrifying, surely it must be!Out of the darkness, he roars: "What do you want here!?"The Lion jumps at Fox, the mane is shakingAnd suddenly he sees - The Fox on the top!So The Lion is beaten, with a flick of tail,It's time for famous Cannon, explosive and wild!As The Fox expected, the notorious pop gunWas quite harmless, more like a child's toyAlthough ready to fire, and it's fuse has been lit- It was quickly extinguished by The Fox’s piss.Nothing stands in his way,Now to the golden chamber where, sorelyWatches over his gold - The Eagle - golden.However, he is asleep at this very time!Turned out to be a savory morsel.And so today, munched like a doughnutThe Eagle rolls down his golden mountainAnd a new king rises, The Fox on the cloudAbove all; he showed his clawTo those who thanks to gold, seemed tough like marble,But when challenged with The Fox’s real passion,They became a delightful supper.

original Polish version here:

http://www.meczyki.pl/skroty/56387/manchester_city_leicester_city_fc_13.html

Dzisiaj dla odmiany opowiem wam bajkę

Jak Lew, Orzeł, i Diabeł stworzyli szajkę

I razem ze swoją czerwoną Armatą,

Straszyli w Anglii, czyniąc innych nogi watą!

Tak oto lata wiele, spędzili na swoich stołkach

W końcu dnia pewnego, chociaż - wszyscy cicho w kątach,

Wyszedł Lis ze swej nory, z chytrości znany,

Postanawia obalić nieprawość, choć "rany!

umrze pierwszy" - mówili wszyscy schowani

Lis na to - "Tchórze! Jesteście do bani!"

Zakradł się w końcu do zamku nieprawych,

Najpierw Diabeł - czy od niego nabierają twarzy bladych?

Czart nic nie chce, usnąć chyba można!

Droga więc na razie nietrwożna.

Komnata Lwa, straszliwa przecie!

Z ciemności ryczy: "Czego tu chcecie!?"

Rzuca się na Lisa, trzęsię grzywa

Ten spostrzegł - od kiciusia obrywa!

Jednym machnięciem bije przeciwnika

Czas na słynną Armatę, wybuchowa, dzika!

Jak się Lis spodziewał, słynna pukawka

Niegroźna, niczym dziecka zabawka

Chociaż gotowa, lont zapalony

Szybko lisim moczem zatopiony.

Nic nie stoi mu na drodze,

do złotej komnaty, gdzie, srodze

Czuwa nad złotem - złoty - Orzeł.

Śpiący jednak, o tej porze!

Okazał się niczym jak kąsek

I tak dzisiaj, pożarty niczym pączek

Orzeł upada, na swej złotej górze,

I wznosi się król nowy, Lis na chmurze

Ponad wszystkimi, pokazał swój pazur

Co dzięki złotu, twardzi niby marmur,

Jednak w starciu z prawdziwą pasją,

Stali się dla Lisa smaczną kolacją.

That's the greatest thing I've ever read!

• Like 1

Personally enjoyed this post on a Gooner forum :-

"I think we are witnessing an important turning point in the history of the league...just notice how they comprehensively broke down all of City's attacks...blunted them effectively and attacked purposefully...instead of us getting deflated we should get inspired by their run.

They have made many of us on the forum here eat our words about them falling away and being pretenders...our annoyance has now turned into admiration."

...nice ! This is exactly the kind of thing I trawl for after an impressive win on rival forums (as you do).

• Like 3

Bluemoon...

Awful performance but fair play to Leicester, I really believe they can go on to win it now. We need Arsenal to win next week now and do our job against Spurs.

This is getting silly.

Now then, I'm not going to let this pass without comment.

Glenn Hoddle, who I would like to point out hasn't managed a football club since Wolves gave him the heave ho in 2006. That's 2006.

Today when asked during commentary by Ian Darke whether JV should start for England at the euros, Hoddle, shithead, responded with a '...well there are other options such as Kane...may be useful if we are playing on the counter'.

He also said 'let them have their moment' responding to our fans singing 'we're winning the league'. What a Patronising, Spurs loving, faith healing, odious, cretinous moron.

Christ what is it with the media/pundits and Chromosome boy ??

I just dont get it

Edited by Socks

HAHAHA No way!!! Check this pisstake quote from a Sunderland fan on July 9th 2015!!! 

safcman73 said: 
They won't strugle because they ****ing mint they will be safe by November by February they will have an unassailable lead at the top watch this space Chelsea they after your title they will be uvailing there limited edition champions league shirt this time next year ohh how I wish I was a fox the spoilt bastards
  • Like 1

HAHAHA No way!!! Check this pisstake quote from a Sunderland fan on July 9th 2015!!!

safcman73 said:

They won't strugle because they ****ing mint they will be safe by November by February they will have an unassailable lead at the top watch this space Chelsea they after your title they will be uvailing there limited edition champions league shirt this time next year ohh how I wish I was a fox the spoilt bastards

Yeah that was the link.

To be fair they do go on to say they hope we win it for some but I think that was when they were bitter at the start of this season

Edited by Guest

Yeah that was the link.

To be fair they do go on to say they hope we win it for some but I think that was when they were bitter at the start of this season

Shall we both make an account on their forum and ask him for Tuesdays euro millions numbers? The post isn't even edited, dear me.....Crazy

Shall we both make an account on their forum and ask him for Tuesdays euro millions numbers? The post isn't even edited, dear me.....Crazy

Got a right little Mystic Meg in their midst :D