Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Seems we're big in Argentina but not in Brazil?

isnt most of the brazil bit the amazon rainforest. we're clearly huge but i doubt there's lizards an bear grylls's tweeting about us out there. 

isnt most of the brazil bit the amazon rainforest. we're clearly huge but i doubt there's lizards an bear grylls's tweeting about us out there.

Why ever not - surely there's a kid with a blue plastic bag Vardy shirt in that forest. Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Like 1

It's nice to see our detractors becoming lost in the sea of neutral support. Just thought I'd map how our run has been dismissed since the season began.

First it was in jest - "Oh, Leicester are top. Kek. lol."

Then it became back-handed compliments - "Not bad, but when is the bubble going to burst? :whistle: "

Then irritation - "well, you've not played anyone big yet... :dry: "

Then when we beat Tottenham, we'd apparently beaten them the "wrong way" - "Hoofball! We had all the possession! :@ "

Now, finally, we've beaten two very tough opponents in a week playing some incredible football, and the new line of attack is

1. "Well this just shows how shit the league has become :thumbdown: "
  2. "These jokers are going to RUIN England's co-efficient in Europe! :mad: "

Keep up the bitterness, folks - you're going to have to come up with ANOTHER one if we manage to win this thing and perform decently in Europe. :dance:

Edited by bluesbrothers

At one point in the game today when we was 3-0 up the commentator still couldn't accept or understand how we was 3-0 up, he came out with a load of guff like the peno descions, the corner that shouldn't have been little things that the 'big boys' used to get every week, he just couldn't accept that this team had the quality and ability to dismantle someone like Man City. it kinda pissed me off.

Christ what is it with the media/pundits and Chromosome boy ??

I just dont get it

Maybe because he scored more than JV in 2015 and more so far in 2016, but don't let your or everyone elses hatred of Kane get in the way of the facts

Maybe because he scored more than JV in 2015 and more so far in 2016, but don't let your or everyone elses hatred of Kane get in the way of the facts

I don't get the hate for Kane on here. He's a good striker, and I'm hoping Woy sees sense and sets up a 4-4-2 with him and Jamie playing down the centre.

I do, on the other hand, totally understand the hate for Tottenham themselves.

Just got a taxi home, the driver was a (plastic) Liverpool fan, he said he thinks we've won it, he even said 'When you go to Arsenal next week and win...' :crylaugh:

Obviously it counts for nothing but it was certainly sobering, put it that way.

An (plastic) Arsenal fan I know also text me saying get the parade planned. I just replied with 'shhhhhh'.

Edited by Matt

At one point in the game today when we was 3-0 up the commentator still couldn't accept or understand how we was 3-0 up, he came out with a load of guff like the peno descions, the corner that shouldn't have been little things that the 'big boys' used to get every week, he just couldn't accept that this team had the quality and ability to dismantle someone like Man City. it kinda pissed me off.

I tend to lean towards the Russian streams as I can't understand what say, but they genuinely sound excited for us.

BT and sky commentators are frustrating and pretty garbage, glen huddle should just dissappear of the face of the earth, for example.

I tend to lean towards the Russian streams as I can't understand what say, but they genuinely sound excited for us.

BT and sky commentators are frustrating and pretty garbage, glen huddle should just dissappear of the face of the earth, for example.

Thought Glen Hoddle and Michael Owen were very good today, infact the whole BT Sport crew were glowing in our win!

That thread deserves to be printed, framed and put up on the wall in all its inadvertent glory lol  That involuntary prophet's words wouldn't be out of place even in Don Claudio's throne room :D Golden stuff, BBC should fire Lawro and hire this guy. Such a pity he didn't say how many of those CL limited print t-shirts will there be. Gotta remember to pre-order mine early on... :D

Edited by Chester Dontlie

Thought Glen Hoddle and Michael Owen were very good today, infact the whole BT Sport crew were glowing in our win!

Owen to be fair is less annoying these days, he does tend to state the obvious, but hoddle made some odd comments I seem to remember

Who was that. They need to go to specsavers . Royals fan here and there was only one deserved winner today. If it was 5-0 or 6-0 it would've been deserved, 1-3 flattered man city

Edited by royalsteve
  • Like 1

Just read this from a Norwich fan.

It should also be noted that Leicester, Palace and West Ham are all uncomplicated, expensive counter attacking teams. There's nothing special about any of them, they just use what they've got and look naff in every game they play. Surrendering possession and avoiding playing football in favour of results.

Cool good for them, but we're better.

Out much deeper and more sophisticated approach however should be applauded. When we beat Leicester tomorrow we'll be amongst the best of the rest without resorting to being a deep lying pacy counter attacking team with no other way to play.

No other lower half team would appreciate Howson or accommodate Hoolahan in their team which says a lot about their incredibly basic set ups. It's so important that we have an exceptional manager like AN because we can't compete financially. If it was up to me I'd say screw the player/stadium budget and pay AN more than he could get anywhere else because his intelligence and tactical nous is absolutely pivotal to our survival

Yes that's right, Norwich! lol

Delusions of grandeur anyone?

Just wanted to bump this comedy gold from a Norwich fan earlier in the season. I think of it every time i see their piss poor results.

• Like 3

Just wanted to bump this comedy gold from a Norwich fan earlier in the season. I think of it every time i see their piss poor results.

I'm living in Norfolk currently and they really are a special bunch. I'm like a celebrity round here for supporting a great team lol

Seems as if BT folks have suddenly jumped on the Foxes bandwagon which makes a change with the miserly amount of City matches shown over the last season & a half on BT. Even Glen Hoddle is suddenly waxing lyrical about our system & must be spitting through his teeth giving praise to Vardy & Co rather than his beloved Kane; Ali; Barkley. Steve McM almost begrudgingly praised us as well. The only downside is Savage tipping us to win the title & grabbing on to the City juggernaut as if he's always been gunning for us all along. At least Gary/Ian Wright have been supporting us since start of the season.