Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Just wanted to bump this comedy gold from a Norwich fan earlier in the season. I think of it every time i see their piss poor results.

tbf hes right I really wouldn't appreciate it if I had travelled down to watch us only to see jonny howson in our team

At one point in the game today when we was 3-0 up the commentator still couldn't accept or understand how we was 3-0 up, he came out with a load of guff like the peno descions, the corner that shouldn't have been little things that the 'big boys' used to get every week, he just couldn't accept that this team had the quality and ability to dismantle someone like Man City. it kinda pissed me off.

I noticed that, at one point he started to go on as if we wouldn't hold onto our lead, we were 3-0 up.

It's nice to see our detractors becoming lost in the sea of neutral support. Just thought I'd map how our run has been dismissed since the season began.

First it was in jest - "Oh, Leicester are top. Kek. lol."

Then it became back-handed compliments - "Not bad, but when is the bubble going to burst? :whistle: "

Then irritation - "well, you've not played anyone big yet... :dry: "

Then when we beat Tottenham, we'd apparently beaten them the "wrong way" - "Hoofball! We had all the possession! :@ "

Now, finally, we've beaten two very tough opponents in a week playing some incredible football, and the new line of attack is

1. "Well this just shows how shit the league has become :thumbdown: "
  2. "These jokers are going to RUIN England's co-efficient in Europe! :mad: "

Keep up the bitterness, folks - you're going to have to come up with ANOTHER one if we manage to win this thing and perform decently in Europe. :dance:

Haha surely no-one's come out with that shout in a serious manner. I think barring Chelsea every single club has been guilty of that.

From the man city forum lol

"Not a good footballing side, long ball mostly. Vardy is no great shakes.

One season wonders - they'd better win it this year because like the scousers, they will never get a better opportunity."

There were plenty of complimentary ones on blue moon. tbf, we have a few berks on here.

As for Micky Quinn, he has clearly made a plank out of himself over us this season and cannot bring himself to admit he was wrong.

Why can't these pundits work out that it can't be co incidence that most teams have an 'off day' when they play us.

It's a combo of Claudio's tactics and our fantastic team!

What do we all think of this weirdness:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03hr7gl

I do have to admit it has crossed my mind (Only briefly) and I do see where he coming from, but you have to embrace this season, am I **** gonna worry about success this season impacting on a (potential) downfall next season, we'll just take as it comes, game by game, step by step, it's what i've been doing for the last 3 season - Championship promotion. last years relegation battle and this years success.

(Just to note, i've not listened to the audio, I only read the bit underneith so if he said anything otherwise in the audio perhaps I don't see where he's coming from)

Edited by Matt

I don't know how people can listen to Talksport, its atrocious

Brazil, Quinn, Durham, Wilkins are just abysmal, the worst.

Colllymore is ok in small doses.

Hawksbee and Jacobs and Danny Kelly are good to listen to.

What do we all think of this weirdness:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03hr7gl

What the ****?

Why is he comparing us to Hull and Blackpool? They both had good results until about October.

If we get into the Champions League spots it'll be more of a shock to be relegated next season.

Some people just can't accept that they might get things wrong. Chris Waddle predicted us to be relegated this season if memory serves me well.

It will be difficult to equal this years perfomance next year. We will need to adapt to the Champions League, expand the squad while keeping the same team ethic and face a revised Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Man United. What goes up must come down.

So enjoy it while it lasts, there will not be many seasons like this one, and trust in Claudio and the Thais to consolidate the position.

• Like 1

Brazil, Quinn, Durham, Wilkins are just abysmal, the worst.

Colllymore is ok in small doses.

Hawksbee and Jacobs and Danny Kelly are good to listen to.

Brazil said he's betting on us to win it earlier in the week. He generally speaks well of us.

Durham just spouts whatever to annoy you. That's his job. His show tomorrow will be that if we don't win form here will be a shock.

Quinn is a Scouse nob.