Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

annoys me when fans of the bigger clubs say we're at the top cos the league is poorer or it's a shit league this season. well where and why the fvck are you bellends not taking advantage of it then?!

Love this guy. 

he makes very good points. and obviously summing up 'you just beat Man City 3-1' had me tingling.

Who can say that we'll be one season wonders

Equally who can say we won't be? lol

This seasons been brought about by way of a series of freak events, Chelsea imploding, Man Utd being boring, Liverpool being Liverpool, injuries to Arsenal and City and us having the season of our lives.

Wherever we finish this season id expect us to be more concerned about survival again than a top 6 finish, at least for the first couple of months or so.

It's nothing to be ashamed about if it is a one season wonder though. It's not our fault no one else at present has been good enough or consistent enough to capitalise on the others failures

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Chris Waddle oh my lord what a buffoon, you have perennial strugglers,Sunderland,Newcastle,Villa plus the newly promoted teams but we are top on merit, all this playing above themselves crap. We have plenty of good quality players playing to their ability, good players playing well is hardly a surprise.

Micky quinn on talksport this morning, "Leicester didn't even play well, it was all about Man Clty and how bad they were".

that idiot never seems to give us any credit, must be the only "pundit" who hasnt given used credit, most if not all said we played well and better than City

guess he's still got that Chip on his shoulder from Tuesday night being a Liverpool fan

Brazil, Quinn, Durham, Wilkins are just abysmal,

Quinn is a broadcasting joke, how he gets away with his Clownio Ranieri and the wally with the brolly jibes is beyond me, does he not realise they may be guests on his show at some point? Totally unprofessional, another footballing dinosaur from a bygone age.

What do we all think of this weirdness:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03hr7gl

To be fair I understand (broadly) where he's coming from but the only time in living memory that a side that finished in the top 4 the previous year have got themselves in anything like a relegation battle the next year was because the manager is a total melt who lost the dressing room on the first game of the season. Even then Chelsea have been at least 5 points clear of it for most of the season.

Waddle somehow managing to get his "I told you so" in 15 months before the end of the season. A new record.

I don't know how people can listen to Talksport, its atrocious

The other week he was asked if Liverpool could finish top 4, and he said yes, and he was asked who would Liverpool replace in the current top 4 and he said Leicester City because we wouldn't last. That was after we comprehensively beat Stoke 3-0. Adrian Durham laughed at him, and rightfully so.

The other week he was asked if Liverpool could finish top 4, and he said yes, and he was asked who would Liverpool replace in the current top 4 and he said Leicester City because we wouldn't last. That was after we comprehensively beat Stoke 3-0. Adrian Durham laughed at him, and rightfully so.

When Adrian Durham appears the voice of reason in disagreeing with you you need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

annoys me when fans of the bigger clubs say we're at the top cos the league is poorer or it's a shit league this season. well where and why the fvck are you bellends not taking advantage of it then?!

he makes very good points. and obviously summing up 'you just beat Man City 3-1' had me tingling.

Swap us with Chelsea in the league and nobody would complain.

I dont know why people seem to always want the big money spenders to always win and making excuses as to why we are there.

This is one of the only seasons in a long while where the relegation battle isnt the most interesting thing.

I dont know why people seem to always want the big money spenders to always win and making excuses as to why we are there.

This is one of the only seasons in a long while where the relegation battle isnt the most interesting thing.

exactly. it'd all be great if it was one of the traditional big clubs that topped the league but now that we do it it's luck or because other teams haven't pulled their finger out.

Ian Wright loves us and he's got a hard on for Vardy.

yep! Has done since we demolished Utd last season

It's nice to see our detractors becoming lost in the sea of neutral support. Just thought I'd map how our run has been dismissed since the season began.

First it was in jest - "Oh, Leicester are top. Kek. lol."

Then it became back-handed compliments - "Not bad, but when is the bubble going to burst? :whistle: "

Then irritation - "well, you've not played anyone big yet... :dry: "

Then when we beat Tottenham, we'd apparently beaten them the "wrong way" - "Hoofball! We had all the possession! :@ "

Now, finally, we've beaten two very tough opponents in a week playing some incredible football, and the new line of attack is

1. "Well this just shows how shit the league has become :thumbdown: "
  2. "These jokers are going to RUIN England's co-efficient in Europe! :mad: "

Keep up the bitterness, folks - you're going to have to come up with ANOTHER one if we manage to win this thing and perform decently in Europe. :dance:

Haha surely no-one's come out with that shout in a serious manner. I think barring Chelsea every single club has been guilty of that.

Leicester’s success could spell disaster

http://www.footyplace.com/features/leicesters-success-could-end-up-spelling-disaster-0207330408

However, with the possibility of the Premier League losing its fourth place qualifying spot, because of the decline of performances by English teams and the continued improvement of teams from Germany and Italy, is Leicester’s likely qualification really a good thing for English football?

Domestically speaking, and certainly for neutrals, Leicester’s up-rise is extremely entertaining and exciting. However, in Europe it could spell disaster for the reputation of English football.

It’s no secret that currently Leicester’s squad is not good enough in terms of depth and quality to seriously compete in the Champions League. It would be imperative that owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha would have to splash the cash in the summer if he wanted his team to compete in both the league and Europe’s biggest domestic competition.

However, if Leicester do qualify they may not find it difficult to entice players that are not getting Champions League football at their current clubs to join them on their journey.

However, in my opinion, although admittedly Leicester have been incredibly entertaining, and a joy to watch, I worry about the reputation of our league.

Although the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, and any other English club have failed to make an impression on the competition in recent years, I feel that they are in a much better position financially and in terms of their squads to make an impact in the competition.

Although the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, and any other English club have failed to make an impression on the competition in recent years, I feel that they are in a much better position financially and in terms of their squads to make an impact in the competition.

Lmfao

That's like saying Man City were in a better position to win yesterday because they had the possession and all that. Those teams might seem to be in a better position but history says otherwise.

Let us have a go at it before judging us and preaching doom and gloom.

http://www.footyplace.com/features/leicesters-success-could-end-up-spelling-disaster-0207330408

However, with the possibility of the Premier League losing its fourth place qualifying spot, because of the decline of performances by English teams and the continued improvement of teams from Germany and Italy, is Leicester’s likely qualification really a good thing for English football?

Domestically speaking, and certainly for neutrals, Leicester’s up-rise is extremely entertaining and exciting. However, in Europe it could spell disaster for the reputation of English football.

It’s no secret that currently Leicester’s squad is not good enough in terms of depth and quality to seriously compete in the Champions League. It would be imperative that owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha would have to splash the cash in the summer if he wanted his team to compete in both the league and Europe’s biggest domestic competition.

However, if Leicester do qualify they may not find it difficult to entice players that are not getting Champions League football at their current clubs to join them on their journey.

However, in my opinion, although admittedly Leicester have been incredibly entertaining, and a joy to watch, I worry about the reputation of our league.

I fvcking hate statistical bean-counting BS like this in football.

Leave the numbers for physics where they actually mean something, not for such an obviously subjective area as sport.

I really dont care if we end up being 1 season wonders....so what.

1st wait till end of October

wait until winter begins in November

Wait until we play a couple of big guns

Wait until the xmas period.

wait until EOjanuary

wait until Febuary..

Now we have done all that, these great wisdom speakers come up with the ultimate compliment

without even realising it.

WAIT UNTIL THEY HAVE TO PLAY IN THE CL

WAIT WHEN THEY BECOME CHAMPIONS they wont be so good next year...

Idiots forgetting, we would automatically improve the squad, but making statements like,

these players cant do it again next season.

In Envy the 1st thing lost is sight, then dignity.

It's because when you can plot the league's top 6 by the amount of money they're throwing around it's a lot easier for pundits to make a prediction then come back to it later in the season knowing they can blag some sort of claim to know what they're talking about when Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool. and Man Utd all finish within one or two places of where they said.  We're making it crystal clear (as if it wasn't already) that a lot of these guys have absolutely no clue what they're talking about when it comes to being able to actually analyse a team's ability without the aid of their balance sheet so obviously a few of them have come to resent us for that.

What a load of nonsense.

"Although the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, and any other English club have failed to make an impression on the competition in recent years, I feel that they are in a much better position financially and in terms of their squads to make an impact in the competition."

Well, why aren't they above us in the league, then?

I agree that we'd need more strength in depth to compete in the league and in Europe, but if we do that, then who's to say we wouldn't make a better fist of it than Man Utd or Arsenal? Our style of play has been incredibly successful in the PL - maybe it will be in Europe, as well.

The argument that we're going to ruin England's co-efficient in Europe will only be valid if we fail miserably in Europe, and even then, you've surely got to point most of the blame at the big clubs who've let the PL down year after year.

Winning the league would be the best moment of my life, supported Leicester through the worst and best years and to see us doing what we are, truly brings tears to my eyes, it is truly magical.

Plus it is BS that we would be worse off than Man U and Liverpool in the CL the league is a marathon and we are winning which means we are the best in England.

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Where is the basis for this? Chelski reach the last 16 even though they have been crap. Just how good do you have to be? :blink: