Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Leicester’s success could spell disaster

http://www.footyplace.com/features/leicesters-success-could-end-up-spelling-disaster-0207330408

However, with the possibility of the Premier League losing its fourth place qualifying spot, because of the decline of performances by English teams and the continued improvement of teams from Germany and Italy, is Leicester’s likely qualification really a good thing for English football?

Domestically speaking, and certainly for neutrals, Leicester’s up-rise is extremely entertaining and exciting. However, in Europe it could spell disaster for the reputation of English football.

It’s no secret that currently Leicester’s squad is not good enough in terms of depth and quality to seriously compete in the Champions League. It would be imperative that owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha would have to splash the cash in the summer if he wanted his team to compete in both the league and Europe’s biggest domestic competition.

However, if Leicester do qualify they may not find it difficult to entice players that are not getting Champions League football at their current clubs to join them on their journey.

However, in my opinion, although admittedly Leicester have been incredibly entertaining, and a joy to watch, I worry about the reputation of our league.

Although the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, and any other English club have failed to make an impression on the competition in recent years, I feel that they are in a much better position financially and in terms of their squads to make an impact in the competition.

What a load of self serving crap that was obviously written by a cheerleader for the big English clubs.

I couldn't give two hoots about strong representation of English clubs in Europe. Would they prefer to see our league dominated by a PSG or Bayern procession so those clubs can concentrate on the CL or competitive with lots of team having a chance?

http://www.footyplace.com/features/leicesters-success-could-end-up-spelling-disaster-0207330408

However, with the possibility of the Premier League losing its fourth place qualifying spot, because of the decline of performances by English teams and the continued improvement of teams from Germany and Italy, is Leicester’s likely qualification really a good thing for English football?

Domestically speaking, and certainly for neutrals, Leicester’s up-rise is extremely entertaining and exciting. However, in Europe it could spell disaster for the reputation of English football.

It’s no secret that currently Leicester’s squad is not good enough in terms of depth and quality to seriously compete in the Champions League. It would be imperative that owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha would have to splash the cash in the summer if he wanted his team to compete in both the league and Europe’s biggest domestic competition.

However, if Leicester do qualify they may not find it difficult to entice players that are not getting Champions League football at their current clubs to join them on their journey.

However, in my opinion, although admittedly Leicester have been incredibly entertaining, and a joy to watch, I worry about the reputation of our league.

Although the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, and any other English club have failed to make an impression on the competition in recent years, I feel that they are in a much better position financially and in terms of their squads to make an impact in the competition.

Just his way of saying "pinch me, Leicester are going to qualify for CL instead of my beloved MU, aren't they?" (which got kicked out of CL in the group stage btw :) ). Think about delusions of grandeur this kind have, living in the past like it's still 2008 or something and Fergie bossing the league. Medical case lol

Micky quinn on talksport this morning, "Leicester didn't even play well, it was all about Man Clty and how bad they were".

That's the sort of comment you get from someone who predicts a team to lose virtually every week and called the manager a clown when he was appointed.

Wonder if he was saying the same when Liverpool went there and won?

Micky Quinn you are a moron of epic proportions... we played brilliantly so what are you on...

If we win the league it is going to be because it is the worst ever lol yet if we swapped Chelsea for us no one would be thinking such a thing

Edited by foxes_rule1978

What do we all think of this weirdness:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03hr7gl

It's a lack of intelligence and cliched crap.

If you swap the whole Liverpool squad for Leicester's he wouldn't be saying we're over performing and possible relegation candidates at some point. This Leicester team have got 75pts from their last 34 games, at some point you have to consider that maybe this is our level rather than a poor team who've been lucky for the last 34 games with a W22 D9 L3 record. 

It's a lack of intelligence and cliched crap.

If you swap the whole Liverpool squad for Leicester's he wouldn't be saying we're over performing and possible relegation candidates at some point. This Leicester team have got 75pts from their last 34 games, at some point you have to consider that maybe this is our level rather than a poor team who've been lucky for the last 34 games with a W22 D9 L3 record.

Exactly this, they need to admit that maybe we are the best team and that is why we are top, there is no other reason

The whole point of Talk Sport is to get people to call in and talk, they are radio trolls. The presenters have a professional obligation to say things which will generate phonecalls; we're not used to being trolled by big media corporations, lets get used to it and enjoy our five minutes of fame.

• Like 2

"Leicester’s remarkable success has been a joy to watch, but Ash Hails is worried that they could have a negative impact on English football in the coming seasons."

Who the fvck is "Ash Hails"? He can worry all he fvckin' likes, but if we play in the CL like we have the past couple of games, we won't have anything to concern us, and that's all that matters.

Ash Hails FFS. Sounds like a strange weather-pattern. 

• Like 1

Find me an ex fat footballer who has an accent and has a chip on his shoulder and chuck him on talkshite and you get Micky Quinn and Brazil so needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Quinn had a decent career and has earned himself a living ex footballing pundits do often have issues. Merse loves us but loves Arse more and thinks they will only be 2 pts behind us after they beat us next week, forgetting the fact he has predicted Arsenal to draw this weekend.

Can't understand people's concerns in the CL, if we beat the best teams in England then that means we are better placed than any side in this country to take on the best in Europe... I'm sure they will have just as much a hard time containing us. We are playing a new brand of football, exciting and fast paced... this boring possession game needs to die

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

English teams have been crap in Europe for a while now - not just this season. But the league has been weaker in PREVIOUS seasons because we don't have those sides competing at the highest level. Now, we're doing the unthinkable and doing BETTER than those same sides, so maybe - and this is a big maybe - we might stand a chance at doing better in Europe ourselves, or forcing the other sides to get their arses in gear.

If anything, this should be good for the English coefficient. If more sides are competing at the same (high) level then that's nothing but good for the league.

Micky Quinn you are a moron of epic proportions... we played brilliantly so what are you on...

If we win the league it is going to be because it is the worst ever lol yet if we swapped Chelsea for us no one would be thinking such a thing

I give him crap every week on twitter, he always backs us to lose, it don't compute with him it's about making a team, not individuals, or else it would be easy, just buy all the best players! They are dinosaurs some of them, Quinn, Brazil, Thompson, it's disappointing these "experts" who steal a living, are quite the opposite. 

The reporters are so stupid, he says Leicester have no experience of winning the title from the front. A lot of those players won the championship with record points tally, they know exactly what it takes to see out a season.

The reporters are so stupid, he says Leicester have no experience of winning the title from the front. A lot of those players won the championship with record points tally, they know exactly what it takes to see out a season.

Pointed this out to the gooners in our office weeks ago. They looked a bit glum afterwards.

Football pundits:

George Best was the best footballer I have ever had the honour to see play as a young boy or drunk ex footballer turning up on tv sloshed or mumbling on sky Saturday reporting on games where he did not have a clue who he was watching, i know how I remember him.

Alan Brazil decent footballer whose career ended early due to injury took to the booze so much that he actually now thinks he had a decent career at Man Utd,think of him as a crap pundit

Micky Quinn scored goals at Newcastle and Cov looking better at Newcastle because the black and white stripes made him look thinner and likes the horses and crap pundit.

Hell their are even kids who think MOTD presenter Linekers claim to fame was crisps. how some of the past players have fallen is sad my kids cannot understand why i have a soft spot for Gazza.

"Leicester’s remarkable success has been a joy to watch, but Ash Hails is worried that they could have a negative impact on English football in the coming seasons."

Who the fvck is "Ash Hails"? He can worry all he fvckin' likes, but if we play in the CL like we have the past couple of games, we won't have anything to concern us, and that's all that matters.

Ash Hails FFS. Sounds like a strange weather-pattern. 

Ash Hails must be an illegitimate brother of Shit Storm.

He needs his personal adaptation of this little number - "Who the fvck is Ash Hails?"

The Sunday Independent 'Team of the day'. See if you disagree....

Schmeichel (Leicester)

Simpson (Leicester)

Huth (Leicester)

Morgan (Leicester)

Fuchs (Leicester)

Mahrez (Leicester)

Kante (Leicester)

Drinkwater (Leicester)

Albrighton (Leicester)

Vardy (Leicester)

Okazaki (Leicester)

Their match report described us as the electrifying presence at the centre of this extraordinary season.

• Like 1

The Sunday Independent 'Team of the day'. See if you disagree....

Schmeichel (Leicester)

Simpson (Leicester)

Huth (Leicester)

Morgan (Leicester)

Fuchs (Leicester)

Mahrez (Leicester)

Kante (Leicester)

Drinkwater (Leicester)

Albrighton (Leicester)

Vardy (Leicester)

Okazaki (Leicester)

Their match report described us as the electrifying presence at the centre of this extraordinary season.

lol that is brilliant and true

Wenger says everyone apart from, the Arsenal man city and Spurs fans are behind us... and we are proof that spending big isn't necessary for success http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35514277

The same Wenger who only a few days ago was saying that PL clubs can't possibly lower ticket prices because they need all the money they can get to spend big on players and it's all China's fault?

Wenger says everyone apart from, the Arsenal man city and Spurs fans are behind us... and we are proof that spending big isn't necessary for success http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35514277

Partly suits him to say that, resisting pressure to splash megabucks at Arsenal - but I remember him being very complimentary about us even last season when we were bottom, suggesting we'd stay up.

I do like Wenger. He can be a sour whingebag who takes defeat badly, but at heart he's an idealist about football - and about English football, in particular.

• Like 1

Partly suits him to say that, resisting pressure to splash megabucks at Arsenal - but I remember him being very complimentary about us even last season when we were bottom, suggesting we'd stay up.

I do like Wenger. He can be a sour whingebag who takes defeat badly, but at heart he's an idealist about football - and about English football, in particular.

Spot on. It's just a shame their fans have such an entitled mentality and have excuses lined up year after year.