Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

This is the reason why arm chair fans of 'big' clubs don't think we will do it. Unless you have seen Kante play LIVE at a ground and not just on the telly you can't appreciate how good this lad is. I was speaking to a Liverpool fan (who lives in Walsall) that Kante is cross between Makele and Vierra. He couldn't see how Kante was like Vierra as he is small. But its to do with his work rate, and ability to play as a box to box midfielder. Kante has the potential to be the best all round midfield player in Europe. He needs to work on his concentration as he does lose the ball sometimes in vital situations. That will come with experience.

This is the reason why arm chair fans of 'big' clubs don't think we will do it. Unless you have seen Kante play LIVE at a ground and not just on the telly you can't appreciate how good this lad is. I was speaking to a Liverpool fan (who lives in Walsall) that Kante is cross between Makele and Vierra. He couldn't see how Kante was like Vierra as he is small. But its to do with his work rate, and ability to play as a box to box midfielder. Kante has the potential to be the best all round midfield player in Europe. He needs to work on his concentration as he does lose the ball sometimes in vital situations. That will come with experience.

Loved watching him dominate Yaya Toure who is twice his size. 

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

any excuse with them lot, currently playing the world smallest Violin  :rolleyes:  

I wouldn't worry about what the Forest lot 'think'.  The talk on BBC today about best English footballing achievements had me looking up their European years and of the 10 teams they played over those 2 tournaments (yes, really, just 5 fixtures to win each one) the only impressive victories seem to be against Liverpool and Ajax.  True you can only beat what's put in front of you but unfortunately in their case what was put in front of them for the most part just wasn't that impressive, nor was their league win as one of the biggest spenders in the league that year, certainly not compared to out-competing teams with over 10 times your budget over 25 games and counting anyway. They're just realising this and because they don't care about us it's imperative they do what they can to try and deflect from these facts.

• Like 1

yousif_arsenal said: 
Mahrez Okazaki Vardy gonna be pain in the arse if we not put tight marking on them.

As well as Kante, Drinkwater and Albrighton. They have a quality team that plays with the harmonic cohesion of a world class symphonic orchestra.

One thing that that article has taught me is that whenever we have a tricky game then at least on eof the other three does too. Means we can afford to drop points in places.

There isn't a weekebd where we have a really tough game with the others having simple games.

That's a great read, lot of honest appraisals.

My favourite from any Man U fan ever:

"We're way on top of the Prem here. We were getting bitch slapped off Leicester when everyone else was beating them..... We're trend setters, "Yay!"" lol:scarf:

Then Keith Vaz pops up and invites Jeremy Vine (Chelsea fan)to the Leicester match and says he will be well looked after.

We are away aren't we!!!!

As usual Vaz comes across as a total plonker,not once but twice invited Vine to the Leicester match saying we will look after him. Edited by Ian S

Loads of Forest fans on the internet trying to justify that their achievements are better than ours would be.

It's almost like they don't like the idea of us doing really well.

That's the strange thing about them. They go on and on about us not being rivals but still whine on about us.

Loads of Forest fans on the internet trying to justify that their achievements are better than ours would be.

Do they dwell on the past in every other aspect of their lives? What happened to living in the moment...oh wait, must be because they are shit.

But it's not us fans who are comparing it, the media are the ones talking about their achievement and what we could do.

I'm not really bothered whether us potentially winning the league is better or worse than something that happened 38 years ago, especially when a side getting promoted and winning the league two years later happened in 1992 with Leeds.

• Like 2

Forest were 100/1 when they won the league, leicester were 3000/1 

so if leicester do win the league, it will have been around 30 times more unlikely.

I think when they say their's was the better achievement they are including their euro cup win, in which case they have an argument.

Solely winning the league(if we do) leicester's will have no equal.

Edited by treer