Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Forest were 100/1 when they won the league, leicester were 3000/1

so if leicester do win the league, it will have been around 30 times more unlikely.

I think when they say their's was the better achievement they are including their euro cup win, in which case they have an argument.

Solely winning the league(if we do) leicester's will have no equal.

Leicester were 5000/1

Loads of Forest fans on the internet trying to justify that their achievements are better than ours would be.

It's almost like they don't like the idea of us doing really well.

I've seen a lot of this and it makes me cringe a little. Some of our fans are acting like we've already done it and are opening themselves up for a lot of stick if we don't.

Long, long way to go, wish people would wait to discuss that if we do it.

(But if we do, our achievement is bigger  :whistle: )

Edited by Finchy

William Hill has 12 5000/1 punts on us.

“For commercial reason we are not Leicester fans. Should they win the EPL we will be paying out £2 million plus,” said William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/leicester-fan-who-placed-50001-title-bet-turns-down-cash-out-offer-of-3200-a6860766.html

• Like 1

On red café someone posted so of the odds before the season started of things more likely to happen than Leicester to win the league

David Moyes to be an X Factor judge 2500/1
Arsenal to sack Arsene Wenger and install Piers Morgan as boss 2500/1
David Cameron to become Aston Villa manager 2500/1
Vinnie Jones to win a Best Actor Oscar 2500/1
Claudio Ranieri to be next England manager 2000/1
Jose Mourinho to go on I'm A Celebrity 1000/1
Sir Alex Ferguson to win Strictly Come Dancing 1000/1
Adebayo Akinfenwa to win BBC sports personality of the year 1000/1
Hugh Hefner to admit he's a virgin 1000/1
Beckham to become Man City manager 750/1
Tyson Fury to announce he is an atheist 750/1
Darts to become an Olympic sport 750/1
Roman Abramovich to sell Chelsea 500/1
Kate and William to announce they are expecting baby no.3 500/1
Simon Cowell to be next Prime Minister 500/1
Andy Murray to name his first born Novak 500/1
Reggie and Bollie to win X Factor 100/1

Brilliant lol

• Like 2

I've seen a lot of this and it makes me cringe a little. Some of our fans are acting like we've already done it and are opening themselves up for a lot of stick if we don't.

Long, long way to go, wish people would wait to discuss that if we do it.

(But if we do, our achievement is bigger  :whistle: )

Tbf I think that's all anyone's really said.  13 games and 39 points for it all to still go horribly wrong.

“For commercial reason we are not Leicester fans. Should they win the EPL we will be paying out £2 million plus,” said William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/leicester-fan-who-placed-50001-title-bet-turns-down-cash-out-offer-of-3200-a6860766.html

How laughable, given they've probably more than balanced the books with the quantity of all the other bets on other title contenders.

Edited by americanfox

How laughable, given they've probably more than balanced the books with the quantity all of the other bets on other title contenders.

And I will bet a lot of people have lost money on betting Leicester to be relegated lol

As usual Vaz comes across as a total plonker,not once but twice invited Vine to the Leicester match saying we will look after him.

He's being very clever, and doing what I'd do.

Vaz: You'll have to come and watch the chelsea game at ours this season, we'd make you feel very welcome and you'd be superbly looked after.

Vine: Er, it's at our place.

Vaz: oh, is it, oh, what a shame. We'd really have looked after you as well.

Pause

Vaz: Yes, made you feel very welcome.

Pause

Vaz: and really, really looked after you.............

Vine: oh for ****s sake. I tell you what.....

Vaz: oh wonderful that is so kind, see you last game of the season. Bye.

Vine: shit.....

Edited by Vlad the Fox

Paul Merson is expecting Arsenal to beat Leicester next weekend

"No [they can't win the title] because if Arsenal beat them next week they're two points behind them - that's how quickly it changes. They're top four, and I've just written Manchester United off today [saturday]. I don't think Manchester United win the league now."

What an idiot Paul Merson is.  :blush: 

What if Arsenal don't beat us?

And even if they do is it impossible that we can't beat them in a 12 game season with a 2pt start?

Cringeworthy, imagine paying him for these words of wisdom.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

"No [they can't win the title] because if Arsenal beat them next week they're two points behind them - that's how quickly it changes. They're top four, and I've just written Manchester United off today [saturday]. I don't think Manchester United win the league now."

What an idiot Paul Merson is.  :blush: 

Can't disagree with that really. I don't think we'll win the league unless we beat Arsenal.

Can't disagree with that really. I don't think we'll win the league unless we beat Arsenal.

You must have a similar IQ to Merson then.  ;)

He said we CAN'T win the league, which is utter nonsense. No one with more braincells than an average housefly can predict who wins it with and degree of certainty and no one can write off anyone in the top four with any degree of certainty either.

Only an idiot would disagree with what I just said.

You must have a similar IQ to Merson then.  ;)

He said we CAN'T win the league, which is utter nonsense. No one with more braincells than an average housefly can predict who wins it with and degree of certainty and no one can write off anyone in the top four with any degree of certainty either.

Only an idiot would disagree with what I just said.

What are you on about? lol

He's not stating fact, it's his opinion that we can't win the league.

The question is "Can Leicester win the Premier League" and he said ""No because if Arsenal beat them next week they're two points behind them - that's how quickly it changes. They're top four, and I've just written Manchester United off today, I don't think Manchester United win the league now."

Edited by AKCJ

id say it was the opposite, if we beat arsenal we've won the league. if we don't we've still got a massive chance to win the league. 

to think that after only our third defeat of the season, with 9 incredibly winnable games coming up, at least one of the other two "title rivals" dropping points on sunday and no matter what still having a two point lead we won't win the league is mad. 

say what you want about other teams, journalists and pressers not taking us seriously but i've said it before and i'll say it again, when are our OWN fans going to start taking us seriously?

What are you on about? lol

He's not stating fact, it's his opinion that we can't win the league.

he's used the wrong word basically. his opinion is that we won't win the league. to say we can't is basically stating it as a fact. which is stupid. 

• Like 1

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/30385/10159900/can-leicester-win-the-premier-league-experts-have-their-say-on-sky-sports

What an idiot Paul Merson is. :blush:

What if Arsenal don't beat us?

And even if they do is it impossible that we can't beat them in a 12 game season with a 2pt start?

Cringeworthy, imagine paying him for these words of wisdom.

To be fair to Paul Merson he is one of the better media type individuals who has often this season bigged us up and said how well we have played etc, etc. Also saying things like if I have seen a better midfielder than Drinkwater this season then someone should point him out.

It's obvious Paul Merson will root for Arsenal this weekend he used to play for them. It's like asking Birchenall who will win. He will say Leicester. No different than Phil Thompson each time we have played Liverpool of course Liverpool are going to win.

Pundits who genuinely haven't got a clue are Garth Crooks, Mark Lawenson, and Micky bloody Quinn, none of whom will admit we are a good side this season and deserve to be where we are.

This weekends game is a bonus after winning at City. Even if we lose on Sunday come 6pm we will still be top of the league. Let that sink in for a moment. It's what we do in the 12 that are left afterwards that will determine where we finish this season.

Edited by suffolk fox

he's used the wrong word basically. his opinion is that we won't win the league. to say we can't is basically stating it as a fact. which is stupid. 

Technically the journalist has used the wrong word. He doesn't use the word 'can't'.