Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

And I will bet a lot of people have lost money on betting Leicester to be relegated lol

Not to mention all the accumulators we have ruined.

Who was it who had the £1m prize for successfully predicting the positions in the PL at the end of the season? I bet they are happy with us too.

According to F365 Spurs are the best team in the league because unlike us their style of play "does not need a compliant opposition".  What.  

There's an 'expectation vacuum' at Spurs?

And there I was thinking their fans have believed they're in with a shout for the title in every year since records began

What are you on about? lol

He's not stating fact, it's his opinion that we can't win the league.

The question is "Can Leicester win the Premier League" and he said ""No because if Arsenal beat them next week they're two points behind them - that's how quickly it changes. They're top four, and I've just written Manchester United off today, I don't think Manchester United win the league now."

The word "can't" is stating it as a fact not an opinion.

According to F365 Spurs are the best team in the league because unlike us their style of play "does not need a compliant opposition".  What.  

Tottenham

We’re not sure we can say it better than Watford boss Quique Flores: “For me, it’s the best [team we’ve played]. We played twice against [Manchester] City, twice against Tottenham, twice against Chelsea, and I think this is the more complete team. It was impossible [to deal with them] We try to train a lot and try to take care a lot what happens in transition. We know perfectly what we want to do when we [recover] the ball, we try to play, but it was impossible.”

did Quique Flores forget about us? 

Tottenham

We’re not sure we can say it better than Watford boss Quique Flores: “For me, it’s the best [team we’ve played]. We played twice against [Manchester] City, twice against Tottenham, twice against Chelsea, and I think this is the more complete team. It was impossible [to deal with them] We try to train a lot and try to take care a lot what happens in transition. We know perfectly what we want to do when we [recover] the ball, we try to play, but it was impossible.”

Who cares let them all forget us, we are winning the league so stuff them all

Anyone that thinks we can't win the league at this point today and for that matter after the Arsenal game regardless of the score is an idiot IMHO. We've lost 3 games in the last 35 matches. That is top of the table form

We are that good and and all doubters can't see the trees for the Forest (so to speak)

Yes, we have a great chance to win and we are in the best position today and after this weekends game to win it.

The word "can't" is stating it as a fact not an opinion.

No its not?

Put it this way. You and I are in a bar and you say 'Do you think I can pull that girl over there'.

My response is opinion. It's not fact, is it?

It's all irrelevant because Merson doesn't use the word can't.

Tottenham

Well we picked up 4 points versus them to their 1 point. Not so impossible to deal with when you're better than them

• Like 1

Anyone watching SSN?

That interview with the city fan who said after Arsenal we have 'Games against the little clubs, we're not one anymore'

FFS Cringe!! Where do they dig them up??

They almost exclusively look for people to say this sort of shit precisely because it sounds so ****ing stupid and will get people to text/tweet/whatever telling them just how stupid it is.

Anybody who doesn't say such things with tongue placed firmly in cheek is a bit of a plum

Edited by Guest

They almost exclusively look for people to say this sort of shit precisely because it sounds so ****ing stupid and will get people to text/tweet/whatever telling them just how stupid it is.

Anybody who doesn't say such things with tongue placed firmly in cheek is a bit of a plum

I guess so. There was just no hint of irony in his voice.

Please tell me if we pull this off we're not going to be one of those clubs.

lol

As you know I live in Wales. Was visiting a factory yesterday, was chatting to guy ( Cardiff fan ) about football and mentioned that I was a Leicester City.

He started shouting to his mates that there was a Leicester City fan was here, about 10 of them came over to see me like I was a super star. Fare dos to them they said we are playing cracking stuff and loved the way we beat Man City, and hoped that we win the league.

According to F365 Spurs are the best team in the league because unlike us their style of play "does not need a compliant opposition". What.

If that was the case then they would be top of the league, obviously they are not so that makes Leicester the best team in the league.

From Blue Moon:

Unfortunately (well kind of) I was unable to attend the game today due to the fact I was at uni but from what it seems the scoreline paints the right picture due to our performance today. I want filled with the upmost confidence especially after our poor performance against Sunderland last week. Having said all that in the big picture what Leicester have achieved so far this season is nothing short of brilliant, albeit their poor run in domestic cup competitions what they have done in the league so far is similar to Blackburn in 95', complete underdogs and favourites to go down but what Ranieri has done to this team is nothing but sheer quality. It's shit that we just happen to be on the receiving end of this but it shouldn't prevent any of us just to take a step back and admire how well they are doing, this hasn't been sheer luck on their part as they've been consistently good all season in the league and if they do end up champions it's only what they deserve.

Edited by Buce

From Blue Moon:Unfortunately (well kind of) I was unable to attend the game today due to the fact I was at uni but from what it seems the scoreline paints the right picture due to our performance today. I want filled with the upmost confidence especially after our poor performance against Sunderland last week. Having said all that in the big picture what Leicester have achieved so far this season is nothing short of brilliant, albeit their poor run in domestic cup competitions what they have done in the league so far is similar to Blackburn in 95', complete underdogs and favourites to go down but what Ranieri has done to this team is nothing but sheer quality. It's shit that we just happen to be on the receiving end of this but it shouldn't prevent any of us just to take a step back and admire how well they are doing, this hasn't been sheer luck on their part as they've been consistently good all season in the league and if they do end up champions it's only what they deserve.

If our club folded tomorrow I would support these, not because of their money,players etc but because of their honest fans.

Every time I've been up there they are the salt of the earth, they also know their football and understand ups and downs, plus they've lived in Uniteds shadow for decades.

I've been up over the years more than 10 times now and find them probably the friendliest place going, Newcastle a close second.

Spurs on the other hand are the complete polar opposite of them.

• Like 1

If our club folded tomorrow I would support these, not because of their money,players etc but because of their honest fans.

Every time I've been up there they are the salt of the earth, they also know their football and understand ups and downs, plus they've lived in Uniteds shadow for decades.

I've been up over the years more than 10 times now and find them probably the friendliest place going, Newcastle a close second.

Spurs on the other hand are the complete polar opposite of them.

Spurs and Palace, the biggest tinpot clubs of them all.

lol

As you know I live in Wales. Was visiting a factory yesterday, was chatting to guy ( Cardiff fan ) about football and mentioned that I was a Leicester City.

He started shouting to his mates that there was a Leicester City fan was here, about 10 of them came over to see me like I was a super star. Fare dos to them they said we are playing cracking stuff and loved the way we beat Man City, and hoped that we win the league.

A similar thing happened to me in a pub in Newbury when I started chatting to some some Leeds fans but it ended up with me getting a broken jaw.

• Like 2

I can't understand why anybody is comparing this to Blackburn.

Blackburn had finished 4th and 2nd in the previous 2 seasons. According to an article in the Guardian from a couple of years ago, their starting XI for most of the season cost £14.7m, an amount which is not a great deal less than our team on Saturday after 20 years of insane transfer fee inflation. You'd have struggled to find 8/1 on them winning the league at the start of that season.