Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I can't understand why anybody is comparing this to Blackburn.

Blackburn had finished 4th and 2nd in the previous 2 seasons. According to an article in the Guardian from a couple of years ago, their starting XI for most of the season cost £14.7m, an amount which is not a great deal less than our team on Saturday after 20 years of insane transfer fee inflation. You'd have struggled to find 8/1 on them winning the league at the start of that season.

Paper said today they broke the transfer record twice as well. So buying a Gareth Bale and Neymar now would be a comparison, then winning it.

From Blue Moon:

Unfortunately (well kind of) I was unable to attend the game today due to the fact I was at uni but from what it seems the scoreline paints the right picture due to our performance today. I want filled with the upmost confidence especially after our poor performance against Sunderland last week. Having said all that in the big picture what Leicester have achieved so far this season is nothing short of brilliant, albeit their poor run in domestic cup competitions what they have done in the league so far is similar to Blackburn in 95', complete underdogs and favourites to go down but what Ranieri has done to this team is nothing but sheer quality. It's shit that we just happen to be on the receiving end of this but it shouldn't prevent any of us just to take a step back and admire how well they are doing, this hasn't been sheer luck on their part as they've been consistently good all season in the league and if they do end up champions it's only what they deserve.

It's great to see other fans comparing us to the '95 Blackburn Rovers as far as "underdogs" are concerned, hoping we'd be the one club to break through the Four Club Elite (Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and... Manchester City), but that's where the comparisons end. As already mentioned, Blackburn at the time boasted one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive front line in Sutton and Shearer and they had signed talent left and right for a considerable amount of money (Wilcox, Flowers, etc.).

lol lol lol

Just switched on there and the first thing Dyche has said something like 'Yeah, the money they paid seems low now but they were brave and for then It was alot of money', on us getting Riyad in the Championship.

Edited by SpazticChicken

lol lol lol

Just switched on there and the first thing Dyche has said something like 'Yeah, the money they paid seems low now but they were brave and for then It was alot of money', on us getting Riyad in the Championship.

Yeah, £400k for Riyad was a massive gamble but Andre Gray was a snip at £9m I suppose!  lol  lol  lol