Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Not to mention all the accumulators we have ruined.

Who was it who had the £1m prize for successfully predicting the positions in the PL at the end of the season? I bet they are happy with us too.

I am sure I put us 3rd in that with city and arsenal first and second. How can you check the table you put? I've checked he website and can't get to see it.

I can't understand why anybody is comparing this to Blackburn.

Blackburn had finished 4th and 2nd in the previous 2 seasons. According to an article in the Guardian from a couple of years ago, their starting XI for most of the season cost £14.7m, an amount which is not a great deal less than our team on Saturday after 20 years of insane transfer fee inflation. You'd have struggled to find 8/1 on them winning the league at the start of that season.

I kind of get it, Blackburn did go from play-offs to winners in the short space of 3 years. They're probably the most apt comparison you could bring up, but really if we do pull it off we'll be one of a kind. We're more similar to Montpelier a few years ago than any fellow achievements in this country,

I am sure I put us 3rd in that with city and arsenal first and second. How can you check the table you put? I've checked he website and can't get to see it.

think it was hills. they do it every year cuz you think what the odds are of getting all 20 teams  in the right position. its 20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20....which of course we all know is 104,857,600,000,000,000,000,000,000/1

If Dyche has grown up and stopped throwing his toys out the pram about how leicester have all the money and he only has a couple of ha'pennies from the attic to rub together when his side in the promotion season weren't that much less expensive than ours (ours cost about six million, his had to be at least four or five million), then maybe he could be worth listening to. If he's still whinging about how we could afford these players and he couldn't (to deflect from his own shortcomings in the transfer market - 3m on George Boyd fer christs sake) then he can get back in the bin with his nine million pound striker (but couldn't afford a loan for huth last season...)

Sean Dyche isn't an idiot, and there's no way he really believed everything he said about market leaders and many pound notes. Dyche was just trying to play mind games with the media to convince them his team were scrappy underdogs, and also to rally his squad around that same narrative--whether it was true or not (which to be fair, you point out may not be).

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/leicester-city-must-balance-pressure-mentality

Robbie Earle credits Leicester's mentality, and dismisses critics that suggest the pressure might get to them by saying that this time last year, when Leicester were adrift at the bottom of the table, that was "real pressure."

When Robbie Mustoe says his only worry is that the prospect of making history would weight on the "mindset" of Leicester's players, Earle says, "Do you think N'Golo Kanté is just going to stop trying to nick the ball?"

If that link is geoblocked, I can try to record it and post it.

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/leicester-city-must-balance-pressure-mentality

Robbie Earle credits Leicester's mentality, and dismisses critics that suggest the pressure might get to them by saying that this time last year, when Leicester were adrift at the bottom of the table, that was "real pressure."

When Robbie Mustoe says his only worry is that the prospect of making history would weight on the "mindset" of Leicester's players, Earle says, "Do you think N'Golo Kanté is just going to stop trying to nick the ball?"

If that link is geoblocked, I can try to record it and post it.

Mustoe is a big club elitist. Lil Leicester simply aren't big enough to be taken seriously for him.

think it was hills. they do it every year cuz you think what the odds are of getting all 20 teams  in the right position. its 20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20x20....which of course we all know is 104,857,600,000,000,000,000,000,000/1

No, once you've got the first position right, there's only 19 options for second. So it's. 20!, which is 243,290,200,800,000,000/1

• Like 1

I think Vards can do without this kind of "inspiration". Another washed up footballer trying to climb aboard the Leicester City bandwagon. Foxtrot Oscar.  :dry:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/paul-gascoigne-close-to-tears-after-watching-jamie-vardys-goal-against-liverpool-a6861086.html

I think Vards can do without this kind of "inspiration". Another washed up footballer trying to climb aboard the Leicester City bandwagon. Foxtrot Oscar.  :dry:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/paul-gascoigne-close-to-tears-after-watching-jamie-vardys-goal-against-liverpool-a6861086.html

I love gazza too. I'd be glad to have him on my side.

It's great that we're getting support from left right and centre but the amount of pundits that have gone from saying we "might do it" to we "will do it" is making me edgy. There's a whole third of the season left, I hope nothing that's said makes any difference to how any of the players go about their business

Gazza did a after dinner speaking night somewhere near Leicester recently and Vardy was there they were sitting and chatting for ages so maybe there is something to this story

It's great that we're getting support from left right and centre but the amount of pundits that have gone from saying we "might do it" to we "will do it" is making me edgy. There's a whole third of the season left, I hope nothing that's said makes any difference to how any of the players go about their business

I had to laugh at an article in the telegraph over the weekend. Bemoaning the fact the manager and players won't really talk about or admit we can win the title... I thought, hang on a fecking minute. You've spent the last 8 months telling us we'll get relegated and then that the bubble will burst, that we can't win it. And now you have the nerve to moan about us not thinking or talking about it... just because you've suddenly decided it's possible!!!! lol

• Like 1

I had to laugh at an article in the telegraph over the weekend. Bemoaning the fact the manager and players won't really talk about or admit we can win the title... I thought, hang on a fecking minute. You've spent the last 8 months telling us we'll get relegated and then that the bubble will burst, that we can't win it. And now you have the nerve to moan about us not thinking or talking about it... just because you've suddenly decided it's possible!!!! lol

Exactly! !

The media is no more than a fickle whore. Spouting whatever bile they seem fit just to tie in with their agenda. I say don't believe the hype!

The so called pundits who tipped us for relegation now know that we are a decent side, but so do the rest of the world.

These so called pundits are expected to supply us with 'expert' analysis. As far as I'm concerned, that's all I want to hear from them,but to be constantly banging on about 'can they do it?' is really starting to grate on me.

Everybody from Rolf Harris to Paula Abdul having an opinion on us now is great. But why do I/we have to AGAIN listen to the predictions of the so called experts, 90% of whom have already got it so terribly wrong!!!!

They should stick to bum licking the scousers, mancs and cockeneys of this world.

Edited by truebluethroughandthrough

I think Vards can do without this kind of "inspiration". Another washed up footballer trying to climb aboard the Leicester City bandwagon. Foxtrot Oscar. :dry:

This washed up footballer is one of the greatest and most skillful to have ever pulled on an England shirt. A floored genius with a terrible addiction which has ruined his life.What Gazza could do in his pomp for England has never been rivalled since.

• Like 1

Gazza did a after dinner speaking night somewhere near Leicester recently and Vardy was there they were sitting and chatting for ages so maybe there is something to this story

You're correct

Leicester City NEWS: Jamie Vardy meets childhood footballing hero Paul Gascoigne at Curve

By atroughton  |  Posted: February 02, 2016

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Jamie-Vardy-met-Gazza-Curve/story-28655231-detail/story.html#ixzz3zfREdX7p 

Follow us: @@leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

http://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2016/feb/09/david-squires-premier-league-secret-society

I remember being convinced there was some of this stuff going on in the late 90s - when the FA wouldn't ban Shearer after the Lennon incident, and when Heskey was getting inexplicably negative reviews in certain newspapers at the time he was threatening Shearer's place in the England team.

Bit harsh this, he was never one of my favourite players but a once on a generation ability whose life was blighted by an awful condition.  As for the bandwagon, well climb aboard Gazza, everybody's welcome for the ride, you think Ranieri would preach that sort of elitism?

Edited by TaggertvsWise

I don't like this sudden shift from "maybe" to "foregone conclusion". Listening to Start Pearce and the callers on Radio Leicester last night it's a done deal.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10160267/leicester-will-win-the-premier-league-stuart-pearce-says

I hope the players aren't hearing all this and believing their own press. We still have 13 games to go and it's quite possible we won't even be top after the Norwich game. Even if we beat Arsenal there is still a long, long way to go. We could be 9pts clear going into the Man Utd game and I still wouldn't be 100% confident.

I was probably one of the first people to believe the title was a possibility, I thought it on the train home after we beat Newcastle but it was only when Liverpool were beating Man City in the evening match did I first think it. I won't think we're home and hosed until we are and hopefully the players have the same attitude. We're still very capable of taking 2pts from four matches.

It's a cliche but it's true, one game at a time. We're still not quite two thirds into the season yet and some morons are already crowning us champions.

• Like 2