Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Jonathan Lieuw has quite a negative piece in the telegraph about Ranieri's so called failures to win titles when the business end of the season starts. Good. I want more of these to write us off as it'll help our warriors win it and make a mockery of mugs like him.

Is that the guy who had a hissy fit about not enough people calling Vardy a racist?

Jonathan Lieuw has quite a negative piece in the telegraph about Ranieri's so called failures to win titles when the business end of the season starts. Good. I want more of these to write us off as it'll help our warriors win it and make a mockery of mugs like him.

Lieuw is a twat.

We're on the front page of Reddit at the moment, a pretty decent write up that will spread the word to a massive audience!

https://m.reddit.com/r/sports/comments/44w18p/if_you_are_not_watching_the_premier_league_here/

That's incredible (the comments. I already know the story...) I think it's only reading through the comments there that it's hit me what's happening, despite going to every game so far this season.

It's such a weird feeling to be obsessed with something real that you can't believe is actually happening. It's like it never actually hits home and you end up thinking about nothing.

Reading that also makes me think I'd have a decent readership if I can finish my book about this season and somehow get it published.

That's incredible (the comments. I already know the story...) I think it's only reading through the comments there that it's hit me what's happening, despite going to every game so far this season.

It's such a weird feeling to be obsessed with something real that you can't believe is actually happening. It's like it never actually hits home and you end up thinking about nothing.

Reading that also makes me think I'd have a decent readership if I can finish my book about this season and somehow get it published.

I'd forgotten about your book. Did you settle on a title? Edited by Facecloth

Second behind the unbeatables of arsenal, by three points to joses treble winning inter having come in with them further behind after the first month, and with a newly promoted side behind PSG - suggesting he can't win titles when it's been more bad luck/poor predecessors than himself stinks of just looking at the end tables rather than the whole picture.

You're right, I feel so engaged with what's going on I almost feel totally disengaged in a way that fans from other clubs don't seem to.

Living in London I'm the only Leicester fan at work - people come up to me all the time to talk about it and I don't ever have anything interesting to say (what's new?).

"You must be on cloud 9"

"Yep".

How do you elaborate on that feeling? The people I am talking to are by and large Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea fans - it is literally impossible to convey to these people what it feels like in words - they're used to being at the top of the league or having great runs. There's a Palace fan I get on well with but again, he just cannot comprehend being top of the Premier League in February - he can't get into that frame of mind and neither, to be honest, can I.

I feel like I'm suffering a sort of existential crisis. This isn't supposed to be happening. It means everything and nothing at the same time. Some days I walk around with a massive smile on my face but I dread people noticing and coming to talk to me about it because I simply do not know how to convey what I'm experiencing, as much as I'd like to.

Anyway that proposed book title is terrible, please don't call it that. I am too engulfed in excitable apathy to come up with anything better.

Edited by ttfn

You're right, I feel so engaged with what's going on I almost feel totally disengaged in a way that fans from other clubs don't seem to.

Living in London I'm the only Leicester fan at work - people come up to me all the time to talk about it and I don't ever have anything interesting to say (what's new?).

"You must be on cloud 9"

"Yep".

How do you elaborate on that feeling? The people I am talking to are by and large Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea fans - it is literally impossible to convey to these people what it feels like in words - they're used to being at the top of the league or having great runs. There's a Palace fan I get on well with but again, he just cannot comprehend being top of the Premier League in February - he can't get into that frame of mind and neither, to be honest, can I.

I feel like I'm suffering a sort of existential crisis. This isn't supposed to be happening. It means everything and nothing at the same time. Some days I walk around with a massive smile on my face but I dread people noticing and coming to talk to me about it because I simply do not know how to convey what I'm experiencing, as much as I'd like to.

Anyway that proposed book title is terrible, please don't call it that. I am too engulfed in excitable apathy to come up with anything better.

Best post ever. And he's right about the book title too.

I agree with ttfn. I work for a large university in Manchester and it seems like I have become some kind of bizarre celebrity Leicester fan. Everyone from the Heads of Department to the cleaners want to talk to me about it and I don't seem to be able to go anywhere without someone discussing Leicester winning the league. 

To a man all the United supporters are on board with us, even some of the Manchester City fans have admitted they wouldn't mind if we won it. I meanwhile, just feel like I am in a weird twilight zone, like a waking dream. It's all just so surreal. 

I am trying very hard not to get my hopes up too much so everyone thinks I am crazy as they are not aware of some of the more painful recent memories. Peter Taylor, Craig Levein...players like Josh Low and Alan Maybury, Yann Kermogant's chip and the dissapointing Sven years, the Sheffield Wednesday home game in 08 that pretty much sent us down, the crazy poor run we went on after being top and the Watford playoff in 12/13, Hull at home last year and nearly going down again. How do you explain this to people?