Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Is Kasper the only player we still have that was signed by Sven?

Yep. The last ones to leave were Konchesky and Nugent.

EDIT: Technically, Konchesky is still part of the club. Although I don't see him returning in the summer.

Edited by MC Prussian

You're right, I feel so engaged with what's going on I almost feel totally disengaged in a way that fans from other clubs don't seem to.

Living in London I'm the only Leicester fan at work - people come up to me all the time to talk about it and I don't ever have anything interesting to say (what's new?).

"You must be on cloud 9"

"Yep".

How do you elaborate on that feeling? The people I am talking to are by and large Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea fans - it is literally impossible to convey to these people what it feels like in words - they're used to being at the top of the league or having great runs. There's a Palace fan I get on well with but again, he just cannot comprehend being top of the Premier League in February - he can't get into that frame of mind and neither, to be honest, can I.

I feel like I'm suffering a sort of existential crisis. This isn't supposed to be happening. It means everything and nothing at the same time. Some days I walk around with a massive smile on my face but I dread people noticing and coming to talk to me about it because I simply do not know how to convey what I'm experiencing, as much as I'd like to.

Anyway that proposed book title is terrible, please don't call it that. I am too engulfed in excitable apathy to come up with anything better.

Dont know how this post didnt have any reps before now considering some of the shite posts that do.

I'm in the same position and this post describes the situation brilliantly.

• Like 1

http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-OPINION-Thanks-support-Robbie/story-28696406-detail/story.html

An opinion piece on Robbie Savage.

I don't mind him too much because he's an easy target and he gets a lot of undeserved stick, but I didn't know he tweeted that. Cock.

What a weird thing to write about, we've just gone top by 5 points after comprehensively outclassing our nearest rivals. So many amazing things to write a feature on and he chose this time to unleash his bitterness towards Savage.

Not a Leicester legend but, despite his antics, he is still quite popular among the Leicester fans and he was partly responsibly for some of the best moments this club has had.

Savage was part of a successful team here and he won his only trophy with us but I never warmed to him. And his antics on the radio and general shite opinions has put me off him even more.

I don't care enough about him to write a whole article on him though. That's a bit odd.

Savage was part of a successful team here and he won his only trophy with us but I never warmed to him. And his antics on the radio and general shite opinions has put me off him even more.

I don't care enough about him to write a whole article on him though. That's a bit odd.

I loved him while he was here, hated him when he was at other clubs and for the most part hate him on the radio he's a pantomime villain he will jump on the bandwagon while we are doing well but if we struggle at any part next season he will turn round and say I told you Leicester are shit let him get on with it!

Not really. Current thinking is Twenty First Century Foxes. Seems like a way of capturing the bottom-to-top in a year thing, but I'm not set on it.

Depends what happens now I guess. If we actually do it...

Call it Five Points Clear. Or whatever the number is of the maximum lead we attain.

Guest CityFan 06

5 years since they became our owners. Although we didn't manage promotion to the Premier League straight away, each year they stayed with us and invested in this club. Their belief in us to be a success has been fantastic. They've payed off debts and bought in the right man to bring us to the top flight, and now we have Ranieri who has been another smart appointment following Pearson's exit.

They've preserved our colours, crest and maintained our club name. Credit to them in terms of what they've done for the club, investment for example.

You're right, I feel so engaged with what's going on I almost feel totally disengaged in a way that fans from other clubs don't seem to.

Living in London I'm the only Leicester fan at work - people come up to me all the time to talk about it and I don't ever have anything interesting to say (what's new?).

"You must be on cloud 9"

"Yep".

How do you elaborate on that feeling? The people I am talking to are by and large Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea fans - it is literally impossible to convey to these people what it feels like in words - they're used to being at the top of the league or having great runs. There's a Palace fan I get on well with but again, he just cannot comprehend being top of the Premier League in February - he can't get into that frame of mind and neither, to be honest, can I.

I feel like I'm suffering a sort of existential crisis. This isn't supposed to be happening. It means everything and nothing at the same time. Some days I walk around with a massive smile on my face but I dread people noticing and coming to talk to me about it because I simply do not know how to convey what I'm experiencing, as much as I'd like to.

Anyway that proposed book title is terrible, please don't call it that. I am too engulfed in excitable apathy to come up with anything better.

Living in North Wales surrounded by Man Utd and Liverpool 'fans' I feel exactly the same. 

I just don't talk to anyone about it apart from my mates from Leicester. But I am constantly thinking about it! Right now at work I have Foxestalk on one tab and the Premier League table on an other and I am just flicking between the two.