Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I really don't care if Sturbridge has potential. I want two strikers who can score goals on a constant basis. Both Kane & Vardy have proven that they can do just that. It's pointless to head to the Euros with pretty players with lots of potential! Goals win games & Harry & Jamie have lots of those. 

• Like 1

Sturridge is not world class.

Like Sterling he was made to look good by Suarez. Alright, the following season he scored 21 goals in 29 games but Darren Bent had several seasons of that sort of stuff, nobody ever claimed he was great.

If he didn't play for Liverpool nobody would even be mentioning his name.

Sturridge is not world class.

Like Sterling he was made to look good by Suarez. Alright, the following season he scored 21 goals in 29 games but Darren Bent had several seasons of that sort of stuff, nobody ever claimed he was great.

If he didn't play for Liverpool nobody would even be mentioning his name.

Agreed.

Just out of interest would you say Jamie vardy is?

Sturridge has looked poor most times he's played for England, he's wasted glorious chances and this was when he was injury free and part of a Liverpool side who were on fire. Now, he might go on to be world class for club and country but he doesn't automatically earn the right to play right now, he needs to sort himself out, the fanny.

This bit stood out for me:

"If the magic-Leicester stuff tends to obscure the merits of continuity and careful planning rather than indiscriminate celebrity additions, it also goes to the heart of what might happen next. Leicester’s players will know better than anyone they don’t need magic dust to win the league from here. The fear isn’t that the wardrobe will stop working, the carpet cease to fly. But simply that they might start to deviate from that well-executed plan."

Even as a fan I get caught up in the magic of it, we're not here through luck, or magic, or anything else mystical... we're here because we've got a well oiled machine and they all know what they are doing.

I also don't think it can be taken lightly just how crucial it is that we've got a core of the team that won the Championship two years ago. On a slightly smaller scale we were facing the scrutiny and pressure then and we just continued to pulverise all and sundry. I think this will help us when it really gets going.

• Like 1

'Why Leicester's seeming simple tactics, work so well'.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35553082

Too much "play it long", "long ball", in there for my liking.... yes we can play like that, but it's not just how we play all the time, see the Man City goals and most of the attacks in the at game, all passed out quickly on the floor.

Too much "play it long", "long ball", in there for my liking.... yes we can play like that, but it's not just how we play all the time, see the Man City goals and most of the attacks in the at game, all passed out quickly on the floor.

I agree.

That move against 'Pool was sublime, Barca-esque.

That is how we'll break-down the teams which come to 'park the bus'.

'Why Leicester's seeming simple tactics, work so well'.http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35553082

I can't believe our passing accuracy is the lowest in the league, even lower than Aston Villa lol

I'm not sure about this though

"But when teams like Norwich and West Brom visit the King Power in the next few weeks, I think we will find out how Leicester get on against totally defensive-minded opponents in games they will need to win if they are going to be champions."

We were clinically putting these teams away earlier in the season. Regularly putting 2 or 3 past them. Also, they are fighting relegation which means they aren't particularly good at defedning and attacking at the same time.

West Brom at home do worry me though. They know how to grind out 0-0 and 0-1 results.

This bit stood out for me:

"If the magic-Leicester stuff tends to obscure the merits of continuity and careful planning rather than indiscriminate celebrity additions, it also goes to the heart of what might happen next. Leicester’s players will know better than anyone they don’t need magic dust to win the league from here. The fear isn’t that the wardrobe will stop working, the carpet cease to fly. But simply that they might start to deviate from that well-executed plan."

Even as a fan I get caught up in the magic of it, we're not here through luck, or magic, or anything else mystical... we're here because we've got a well oiled machine and they all know what they are doing.

AKA 'a team!

"Demand to dream" should be adopted as a slogan. It's great.

Sound like something that Everton fans would whinge about rather than singing at a game when its 0-0 against Watford in the 25th minute 

• Like 2

Just had a massive section with Henry on ssn, talking about the game and mainly about us. Gets to time for the break and the presenter says "right, we'll come on to Leicester in a moment, so that'll be fun". We are actually dominating the media right now it's bizarre.