Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

You cannot escape us at the minute, even if you lived under a rock in a cave I'm sure you'd have heard about us.

Sunday politics show with Marie Ashby even has a slot about us this week.

I won't see it though as I'll be in the smoke along with a few thousand other up for it city fans.

Even I'm getting sick of reading and hearing about us. The hipe leads to pressure and that is exactly what we don't cope well with. Ignore us world! We're not really here!

I don't think a day has passed this week without reading an article on us in the red tops.

Can't we just go back under the radar?

One day in the future in year 2024 when we're not relevant anymore in the top end of the Premier League we will look back on these times with fondness. I know we don't cope well with pressure but I'm enjoying all this attention. With being top of the table comes pressure. We can't just sit 5 points clear top of the league and be treated like West Brom.

Even my in laws in America, who know zero about football, are texting me asking what this Leicester City thing they keep hearing about is all about.

One day in the future in year 2024 when we're not relevant anymore in the top end of the Premier League we will look back on these times with fondness. I know we don't cope well with pressure but I'm enjoying all this attention. With being top of the table comes pressure. We can't just sit 5 points clear top of the league and be treated like West Brom.

Even my in laws in America, who know zero about football, are texting me asking what this Leicester City thing they keep hearing about is all about.

In 2024 everyone will be sick of us winning everything. :)

Little Kant!!!!

Leicester City midfielder N'Golo Kante becomes first player to win 100 tackles in Premier League this season 

Kante has made 103 successful tackles in Premier League this season
Leicester midfielder has been instrumental in their unexpected title bid
The next highest is Liverpool's Lucas Leiva on 96 tackles
Frenchman Kante has also made the most interceptions this season

Leicester's midfield dynamo N'Golo Kante has become the first Premier League player to win 100 tackles this season.
The 24-year-old Frenchman, who has been integral in Leicester's unexpected title bid, made eight successful tackles in last Saturday's 3-1 win over Manchester City, taking his tally to 103.
Kante - who is also on the verge of reaching a century of interceptions - is currently seven ahead of Liverpool's Lucas Leiva in the leaderboard.

The Frenchman became the first player to win 100 tackles in the Premier League last weekend 

PREMIER LEAGUE TACKLING STATISTICS THIS SEASON 
Player Team Minutes Played Tackles Won Tackles Won % Tackles Won per 90 mins
N'Golo Kante Leicester City 1870 103 73.1 4.9
Lucas Leiva Liverpool 1519 96 76.8 5.6
Erik Pieters Stoke City 2205 88 73.3 3.5
Idrissa Gueye Aston Villa 1915 87 79.8 4.1
Robbie Brady Norwich City 2149 79 72.4 3.3
César Azpilicueta Chelsea 2032 79 80.6 3.5
Billy Jones Sunderland 2019 79 75.2 3.5
Fernandinho Manchester City 1880 78 63.9 3.7
Etienne Capoue Watford 2213 76 70.3 3.1
Yohan Cabaye Crystal Palace 1830 75 69.1 3.6

Only Lucas has averaged more tackles per 90 minutes than Kante, but has played 351 minutes less in the Premier League than his Leicester adversary.
Kante's uncompromising enforcement of the midfield will be crucial when the Foxes, who lead the table by five points, head to title rivals Arsenal on Sunday lunchtime.
Later that day, second-placed Tottenham visit fourth-placed Manchester City in another Super Sunday showdown.

The Leicester midfielder gets to the ball just ahead of Liverpool's Mamadou Sakho during a recent encounter
Kante was purchased from French club Caen last summer for a £5.6m fee that is already looking like one of the signings of the season.
He has played 28 times across all competitions during his maiden season in England, making an impressive contribution.

PREMIER LEAGUE INTERCEPTION STATISTICS THIS SEASON 
Player Team Appearances Minutes Played Interceptions Interceptions per 90mins
N'Golo Kante Leicester City 25 1870 98 4.7
Laurent Koscielny Arsenal 22 1901 86 4
Idrissa Gueye Aston Villa 22 1915 84 3.9
Etienne Capoue Watford 25 2213 74 3
Yohan Cabaye Crystal Palace 22 1830 73 3.6
Jonny Evans West Brom 20 1693 71 3.7
Claudio Yacob West Brom 22 1817 71 3.5
Gareth McAuley West Brom 22 1979 70 3.1
Nacho Monreal Arsenal 25 2168 68 2.8
Ashley Williams Swansea City 25 2250 68 2.7

In addition to his tackling prowess, Kante has also made 98 interceptions and is sure to reach his century against Arsenal.
He cuts out a pass on average 4.7 times during each match - higher than any other player - and is well clear of Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny, who has 86.

Edited by HankMarvin

so riyad became the first player to hit double figures for goals and assists and ngolo is about to become the first player to hit triple figures for tackles and interceptions. loveable little guys. 

Skysports interviews with collection of other PL managers at midday, was excellent.

Not one had a bad word, sarcastic, or spitefull.

Pardew suprised me, also openly saying he would love to see us win it.

Somehow I have a feeling if city didnt win the title 99% of the PL would be in tears.

Crazy just crazy...

Skysports interviews with collection of other PL managers at midday, was excellent.

Not one had a bad word, sarcastic, or spitefull.

Pardew suprised me, also openly saying he would love to see us win it.

Somehow I have a feeling if city didnt win the title 99% of the PL would be in tears.

Crazy just crazy...

Link anywhere? I'd love to see that