Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

more ridiculousness from that programme discussing danny drinkwater. 

trevor francis - "i don't agree with lads having 5 or 6 good games and being called into the england squad. i'd take eric dier and dele alli". 

drinkwater has been great for a year. the same year that eric dier and dele alli have been good for as well. stupid ****. 

Our very own thread on the Arsenal forum makes for an interesting read if you manage to read it from the start up until today:

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/leicester-city-settle-the-down-please.28680/page-4

Who remembers watching Steve Walsh play? Never thought he would turn into some scouting guru who interests a CL club.

The story is that his deal at Leicester is rock solid.

Someone send them Steve Walsh - no one tell them.

• Like 2

just watched a bit of that savage programme on bt. they keep saying we're going to win "a poor league". 

does anyone give a fu ck? i couldn't care less if we were the only team in the league as long as we win it. 

Did they say this last year?

How lucky we are than all 19 other teams have turned shit over the summer.

lol the amount of people that don't have a clue... he was at Chelsea, unearthing Zola, Essien and Drogba amongst others...

Not sure they needed much unearthing to be honest.

more ridiculousness from that programme discussing danny drinkwater. 

trevor francis - "i don't agree with lads having 5 or 6 good games and being called into the england squad. i'd take eric dier and dele alli". 

drinkwater has been great for a year. the same year that eric dier and dele alli have been good for as well. stupid ****.

Also, Jesse Lngard played 5 games for Manchester United and got an England call up. Best believe Cameron Borthwick-Jackson will get a call up soon.

Did they say this last year?

How lucky we are than all 19 other teams have turned shit over the summer.

Not sure they needed much unearthing to be honest.

I little bit of discredit , they weren't exactly the house hold names that they became either... yes it wasn't Mahrez stuff but they weren't Messi either. Kind of more like Henry when he went to Arsenal ... not unknown but not the name he became Edited by foxes_rule1978

Guys, just prepare yourselves for for people accusing us of ruining the English coefficiency if we get dicked by Barcelona next season, as if Barcelona and Bayern Munich haven't been dicking Arsenal and Man City for years.

Michael Owen is as thick as they come. Even if we don't replicate our success next season how are we gonna go from top 4 to playing like Sunderland in 12 months?

If Michael Owen didn't become a professional football he'd be pushing trolleys at Asda.

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

If we win the league I doubt I'd really care what happens on the pitch in future. We would have that forever. Not to mention the resulting memories of European Cup football.

We will be relegated at some point anyway and for a club our size the chances are that it will happen relatively soon. I'm under no illusion that this is us becoming one of the big boys. This is giving us something fantastic to remember to sustain us through the years of being a mid table second tier side again.

Exactly, I'd take a title win followed by relegation over 2nd place and midtable the following year. Not saying either will necessarily happen but a title win would eclipse anything else.

• Like 1

Well on the last page they think it's Walshy who's in charge of scouting so I'm.not taking their opinions too seriously

I was more intrigued by the change of tides and the respect handed out over the course of the last three months. You can see the shift in opinion - first amusement, then belittlement, followed by antipathy and fear.

Let's hope we can add consternation to the list tomorrow. :D

It does amuse me how many people still think Steve Walsh (defender) is our Steve Walsh (scout). I wonder if he (defender) gets pestered in the street about who we are signing or fans telling him that they had such and such on FIFA/FM and he was awesome so we should sign them. lol

A small amount pundits and writers love fact that us and spurs are the closest any team has been to breaking the monopoly that has been Man U, Chelsea, Man C, Liverpool, Arsenal.

Everton always have been just not quite good enough every season. West ham even breaking that trend of same clubs fighting for the Europa League.

A lot of them have an Elitist attitude and come up with an excuse of a "poor premiership" to hide the fact they haven't spent their money wisely. 

Chelsea and Man U have been poor for their standards. its still a 150m team going out there every Saturday to perform, and don't!

With the money coming into the Prem, every team can spend and attract players that they usually couldn't.

The tide is turning to the fact players like Marhez, Payet, do exist for small fee's and they are being shown up and embarrassed by it.

hence having to answer questions on their respective transfer policies.

Its refreshing to see and it has awoken the top 10 in the prem that nothing is guaranteed.

and every other club is rooting for us as this is a trend that is been needed to happen for a few years.

Now for an England manager to buck the usual trend.

Can't remember where I saw this; may have been on this thread, but it still blows my mind:

Fun fact 1:

Leicester City have not had to play any team who were above them in the Premier League table before that match kicked off.

Fun fact 2:

For the remainder of the season, they won't have to.

• Like 1

On BT sport they have just said that its quite possible that we could win the league this season and get relegated the next because of squad size. It's almost like they dont consider the fact we might buy extra players in the summer.

Having said that though, if you could win it but it meant going down the following year, surely we would all take that anyway wouldnt we?

That was Micheal Owen, he also said even if Leicester got in the champions league he would rather sign for Man Utd or Liverpool even if they didn't qualify.

Then he went on to the Leicester could go down next season.