Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Wow- surprised at those 2 stupid Arsenal fans' comments- how bias us football fans can be! They just don't get we can never match them at tippy tappy football, so have to play at the highest tempo. They ignore the disgraceful play acting of their superstars, gesturing for cards and they only won from 3 poor decisions by our players. Win at any cost eh Arsenal ? Pathetic.

Wow- surprised at those 2 stupid Arsenal fans' comments- how bias us football fans can be! They just don't get we can never match them at tippy tappy football, so have to play at the highest tempo. They ignore the disgraceful play acting of their superstars, gesturing for cards and they only won from 3 poor decisions by our players. Win at any cost eh Arsenal ? Pathetic.

Try reading the post match thread and the Cheated out of it thread for a deeper understanding.

Try reading the post match thread and the Cheated out of it thread for a deeper understanding.

I know, you're right. Just have an old out of date hope that fans of the big clubs wouldn't begrudge a smaller club a brief glimpse of glory. Silly me. Nice to remember the Man city fans above the tunnel clapping us off last week, and the Geordies clapping JV off.

Those comments above are more delusional than bias in my opinion. We were far more agressive than usual however, Drinky's challenge on ramsey should have been a red and he should've been booked in the first half when he just kicked (Sanchez was it?) his opponent from behind not attempting to get the ball.

We have had our fair share of luck this season, offside goals at swansea.....the third which killed the game at the etihad came from a foul by huth and it should've been a goal kick.

We can only look at what 'we' can do. Simpson's sending off, however soft, was a result of poor intelligence. Both fouls were fairly identical, so a consistent call was made. Mahrez, however brilliant, has cost us 4 points because of poor penalties.....

On the balance of play Arsenal fully deserved the three points. They had more quality than us and played better football, it isn't surprising just the trute.

Those comments above are more delusional than bias in my opinion. We were far more agressive than usual however, Drinky's challenge on ramsey should have been a red and he should've been booked in the first half when he just kicked (Sanchez was it?) his opponent from behind not attempting to get the ball.

We have had our fair share of luck this season, offside goals at swansea.....the third which killed the game at the etihad came from a foul by huth and it should've been a goal kick.

We can only look at what 'we' can do. Simpson's sending off, however soft, was a result of poor intelligence. Both fouls were fairly identical, so a consistent call was made. Mahrez, however brilliant, has cost us 4 points because of poor penalties.....

Agree with you. Guess the extra aggression was tactical from coaching staff, or the players being too pumped up. Yes, they earned the win in the end from attacking more than us, but then they had the extra man. I just don't like the bitterness from some fans when in the end they got the 3 points and closed the gap on us.

On the balance of play Arsenal fully deserved the three points. They had more quality than us and played better football, it isn't surprising just the trute.

the question is not whether they had more qaulity than us. It's a question of the referee ruining the game and being assisted in that by Arsenal fans and players - who were disgraceful.

You are saying the referee was consistent because both Simpsons fouls were identical? That itself is not correct.... even though the point is actually how consistent was the referee applying the letter of the law to both sides consistently?

Also bringing up errors in other matches hasn't got much to do with this. Incidents in other matches change those matches at the time. We don't really know what would happen if offside decisions or penalties had been given/scored etc.

What we can say about the Arsenal game is that both teams were pretty even up until the sending off, the match wasbalanced in terms of how both teams want to play. In fact it was setup slightly in Leicesters favour with them being ahead. The referee appeared to be very slanted in favour of Arsenal in the 2nd half when pressure was building on him at half time with wenger and his players. You can see how desperate Arsenal were, all their players were baying for cards and freekicks at every opportunity. Our players played a fair but naive game. If Mahrez had behaved like Sanchez and fell to the ground from cocklands push he might have got a 2nd yellow... even if mahrez didn't take a dive.... if the referee was to be consistent he should have given cockland his 2nd yellow.... he bottled it

That was Micheal Owen, he also said even if Leicester got in the champions league he would rather sign for Man Utd or Liverpool even if they didn't qualify.

Then he went on to the Leicester could go down next season.

Thats easy for him to say now because his career is over, it amazes me how people who have played at such a high level

can be so clueless probably to do with him being thick.

Arsenal fans are on Twitter calling us thugs and Stoke 2.0 whilst simultaneously conveniently forgetting Flamini's shocking two footer last week.

Terrible set of supporters.

• Like 4

Thats easy for him to say now because his career is over, it amazes me how people who have played at such a high level

If he ever became a manager I think I'd enjoy watching him fail more than I enjoyed seeing Shearer relegate Newcastle.

There are alot of clever football players, but once they retire we are reminded thats where the cleverness ends.

They often become new generation muppets on a pundit panel.

Never had an issue with Arsenal before Sunday.****ing hate them now

Same here. I had more dislike for Spurs but yesterday I realised why Arsenal fans get so much shit from other fans. Absolute unbearable *****.

• Like 3

Same here. I had more dislike for Spurs but yesterday I realised why Arsenal fans get so much shit from other fans. Absolute unbearable *****.

All the pressure is on Arsenal.  If they don't win the league, Wegner will probably have to leave.  No matter what they say, massive pressure and would have been a meltdown hadn't the ref gifted the 3 points to Arsenal when things were looking bleak after the Vardy goal.

That one red card basically forced Mahrez, Okazaki and all attacking aspirations off the table.

• Like 1

Never been big on Arsenal fans, even before the events of the weekend. Obsession with football being played the 'right' way and the belief that teams should just let them play their particular dance and not seek to counter it. When they do, they get the 'thug' label.