Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

In addition to that previous article clearly one of us noticed and wrote in:

:appl:

The title F365 chose to reference that mail on their homepage?  "England need players like Vardy. Urgh."  Says it all.  The same website also ran an uncredited piece around Christmas which flat-out called Vardy a racist in one of its paragraphs offering no context whatsoever let alone the notion that there was any discourse to be had on the matter (I think it was in one of their Mediawatch segments).  I wrote an email to them offering context but they ignored it.  Seems their editorial circle have made their mind up on the matter and smaller team players are not welcome at the big boys table.

Sorry for being a boblet , but 1.85 goals per game? Should that read 1 goal every 1.85 games?

You know reading the comments in this thread from other fans doesn't half make me smile.

A year ago a 2-1 win against us for one of the established big clubs meant absolutely nothing more to them than another victim.

arsenal are so happy with the result they can't stop rubbing it in our noises. Making ridiculous accusations and hating on our players

It makes me smile as we now matter to the league at the same level that this football club matters to us!! I've waited all my life for our club to be in the coldrun, hated for the fact we simply exist and these players have done that.

Thank you boys.

Now let's go win this thing

• Like 3

How can that possibly be a dive?

Two penalties that would both have been given with television replays. The sooner they come, the better.

Catches him isn't a penalty. More of Mahrez catches Nacho to be honest. Edited by Ashley

Have Arsenal fans started a petition yet asking for Drinkwater/ Mahrez/ Vardy/ Atkinson/ Filbert to be banned?

Had Drinkwater not apologised Arsenal fans would probably be sending him vitriol for the next 6 years like they with Shawcross.

Next time they accuse Vardy of diving just link them to this video.

This is proper diving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwO1djinl0A

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

They don't mean us directly, but this is a rather wonderful bit of myopic journalism disguised as hyperopia by Sarah Winterburn who I normally rate.

I don't know her but after reading that utter tosh I think she's brain dead.

Yeah let's persist with players who score a hatful against Estonia and Moldova but bottle it in tournaments. I've actually got no problem with Welbeck. I like him and he's a useful player.

The utter disdain shown towards Vardy and Drinkwater is bewildering to me.

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
  • Like 1

I used to think that fans of smaller whinged about "big club bias" because they were deluded (remember when Hull fans wanted Tom Huddlestone to be in the side) but if Vardy and Drinkwater don't get called up then I hope they remember about their nans from Estonia.

A great former footballer who sadly can't live up to the expectations working as a pundit:

BT Sport pundit Michael Owen: "Leicester City Football Club conceivably could go down next year. They could win the league and they could still be in a relegation fight next year. It depends which way they go. They could go and invest all of their UEFA Champions League money and try to be a top club for years to come.

Or they could pocket the money, maybe lose someone like [Riyad] Mahrez. All of a sudden, you know... their team is not a Manchester United squad or a Liverpool FC squad, and they're having an unbelievable season. I sincerely hope they go on and win it but they could [go down]."

:facepalm:

Anything can happen, anything is possible. How about taking a more solid stance, M.O.?

To be fair if there's one club that could win the premier league and get relegated the following year we all know it'd be us!

It's not impossible. If we can hang on to our stars and add a few we should be pretty safe. If we lose Kante and Mahrez (Vardy looks likely to stay) and the replacements are crap we could struggle.