Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

this is particularly bitter on page 2 (Chris H):

I thought I was alone in my dislike not only of people such as Vardy but the way that Leicester play the game. It is Wimbledon or Watford from the 80's with a couple of neanderthal defenders behind thuggish midfielders and the ball hoofed up to a couple of athletes who fall over if someone sneezes near them. They have been fantastically lucky with injuries and suspensions and wherever they finish this season I will be backing them with hard cash for relegation next season as they are awful, absolutely awful. 

Chuck in their muggy fans with the clappy sticks and the staff in the Indian who tried to inflate our bill with imaginary lagers and you see why I have not fallen for the "Emperors New Clothes" 

And one last thing, that goal against Liverpool, the one that everybody has such a huge boner for was a combination of a hoof and whack that could have gone anywhere.

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=74848&start=21#ixzz40VucfB8g

I thought I was alone in my dislike not only of people such as Vardy but the way that Leicester play the game. It is Wimbledon or Watford from the 80's with a couple of neanderthal defenders behind thuggish midfielders and the ball hoofed up to a couple of athletes who fall over if someone sneezes near them. They have been fantastically lucky with injuries and suspensions and wherever they finish this season I will be backing them with hard cash for relegation next season as they are awful, absolutely awful. 

Chuck in their muggy fans with the clappy sticks and the staff in the Indian who tried to inflate our bill with imaginary lagers and you see why I have not fallen for the "Emperors New Clothes" 

And one last thing, that goal against Liverpool, the one that everybody has such a huge boner for was a combination of a hoof and whack that could have gone anywhere.

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=74848&start=21#ixzz40VucfB8g

I was just about to quote that part. 'Thuggish midfielders'. Whom out of Mahrez, Drinkwater, Kante and Albrighton is supposedly the thug then? Amazing that fans of City, United etc can admire what we're doing whilst fans of Bournemouth are backing us for relegation.

Rest of that forum was fairly positive however. I guess it's jealousy, and I'm not just saying that out of spite. Say it was West Brom who were up there, sure you'd happy that a club was breaking the mould, but you'd also be jealous that it wasn't your club.

• Like 1

I was just about to quote that part. 'Thuggish midfielders'. Whom out of Mahrez, Drinkwater, Kante and Albrighton is supposedly the thug then? Amazing that fans of City, United etc can admire what we're doing whilst fans of Bournemouth are backing us for relegation.

Rest of that forum was fairly positive however. I guess it's jealousy, and I'm not just saying that out of spite. Say it was West Brom who were up there, sure you'd happy that a club was breaking the mould, but you'd also be jealous that it wasn't your club.

This is the problem with all  the hype around Drinky's tackle :unsure:  you see that, and most of the second half against Arsenal you will think we are a bunch of thugs.

This is the problem with all  the hype around Drinky's tackle :unsure:  you see that, and most of the second half against Arsenal you will think we are a bunch of thugs.

You actually raise a very good point and a serious one at that.

Arsenal fans and their continually whining that we are thugs and Stoke 2.0 is actually getting into other people's heads and they believe it. These Arsenal ***** did the same to the lad who broke the leg of Eduardo even though he had never been sent off up until that point. Arsenal fans are known for starting petitions for everything and hounding officials.

Perception is everything and Arsenal fans are trying to portray is as thugs and they will continue to do so.

As for our football being turgid

We've scored most goals in the league

We got most points

We're the only club who's averaged over 2 points per game so far.

The league's top scorer plays for us

We're the only club who have 2 players in double figures in PL goals.

Mahrez is the only player in double figures in goals and assists.

• Like 4

https://vid.me/otRp

Just like watching the Crazy Gang.

You actually raise a very good point and a serious one at that.

Arsenal fans and their continually whining that we are thugs and Stoke 2.0 is actually getting into other people's heads and they believe it. These Arsenal ***** did the same to the lad who broke the leg of Eduardo even though he had never been sent off up until that point. Arsenal fans are known for starting petitions for everything and hounding officials.

Perception is everything and Arsenal fans are trying to portray is as thugs and they will continue to do so.

Hate Arsenal, the club for rich middle-class keyboard warrior day-tripping plastics London wannabees. As much as I hate Spurs too, at least most of their fans live in London.

• Like 1

Before I read that I thought Bournemouth fans were rather inoffensive and would see some similarities between us, what with their style of play last season. Obviously not lol

Firstly I can't work out why so many people don't see our penalty as an absolute stonewaller. Because it is, regardless of who you support.

Secondly they have no idea how close they came to losing twice against us. They played to their maximum in both games. We played 451 away to them with the handbrake on. And at home an injured Vardy and a shit Mahrez penalty is all that saved them.

In addition to that previous article clearly one of us noticed and wrote in:

:appl:

The title F365 chose to reference that mail on their homepage?  "England need players like Vardy. Urgh."  Says it all.  The same website also ran an uncredited piece around Christmas which flat-out called Vardy a racist in one of its paragraphs offering no context whatsoever let alone the notion that there was any discourse to be had on the matter (I think it was in one of their Mediawatch segments).  I wrote an email to them offering context but they ignored it.  Seems their editorial circle have made their mind up on the matter and smaller team players are not welcome at the big boys table.

Want to just scream that bit of writing at the top of my voice. So spot on. Words better the point I've been making for a while.

ROxILwC.png

I'd love to see the same person's opinion if they nearly scraped a draw from the Nou Camp. I'm sure he'll be telling himself in his head how satisfied he is with things when their open game away at superior players has seen them hit for 6, the absolute clown.

They're allowed to not like us and there's some reasonable balance in there. Obviously there is some nonsense too: were just a hoof team, Vardy goal against Liverpool wasn't very good, lack of injuries is luck. The last one of these is my favourite, people think us not getting many injuries is pure chance, the deluded fools.