Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I hope the City players saw and heard the Arsenal singing and celebrating after their win on Sunday. I hope they have seen the photos and read what has been written about them, I really do because if there's nothing else that will motivate them then that will be it. And the more the press and the glory teams try to put them down the greater will be the motivation. It may be just what they need to spur them on over the next 12 matches and the victory will be all the sweeter if they do it.

• Like 2

Someone mentioned this a while ago, but I'm bored stiff by this thread now. Not by people's comments, the stuff that's posted. It's like you can typecast the stuff written about us into a few categories.

When this was first created, when we were doing well, even up to a few weeks ago, it was great to see the worldwide opinion. Now it's just the same shit, different day, and my god it's dull. There really are only so many ways for fans and the media to say how good/lucky/different or whatever controversial opinion they want to have on us.

Our success means this kind of thread is jumping the shark.

Nothing like generalising a whole club and it's support based on a few posts on a forum.

everything and everyone associated with bournemouth is a cretin tbh always have been always will be 

eddie howe, kermogant, that forum, that stadium, the AFC part of their name, harry redknapp, did i mention eddie howe, the amount of shit players theyve spent 10 mill on, the fact they give dan gosling regular football, their kit is made by JD sports ffs. tbh that thread on their forum is a highlight compared to everything else associated with them. 

• Like 2

Nothing like generalising a whole club and it's support based on a few posts on a forum.

I live in Bournemouth mate, 90% of their fans are cvnts.

The whole pub erupted when we played Villa and they equalised a few weeks back. They're freaks- to be expected when most of them support Arsenal as a second team.

Edited by KentFoxSteve

everything and everyone associated with bournemouth is a cretin tbh always have been always will be 

eddie howe, kermogant, that forum, that stadium, the AFC part of their name, harry redknapp, did i mention eddie howe, the amount of shit players theyve spent 10 mill on, the fact they give dan gosling regular football, their kit is made by JD sports ffs. tbh that thread on their forum is a highlight compared to everything else associated with them. 

I wouldn't call all their £10m signings as of late "shit", there's some talent in there - but are they worth that money?

It's more the fact that a small club like Bournemouth, whose main philosophy was based on a good work ethic, togetherness and team spirit, is throwing money around like a suicidal millionaire before his final jump.

I live in Bournemouth mate, 90% of their fans are cvnts.

The whole pub erupted when we played Villa and they equalised a few weeks back. They're freaks- to be expected when most of them support Arsenal as a second team.

I also have to put up with their insufferable fans day in day out, with their "Eddie Howe's barmy army" and "we play the Bournemouth way" shite.

Fvck off.

This was never a football town and never will be. No football culture here at all, people chat shit constantly when they only started going a few years ago. I used to go to a few games when they were in League 2, was there when they got promoted against Carlisle, and I was pleased for them. Now they've got ideas so far above their station it's unreal, there's not ONE team in the whole football pyramid punching higher than they are (no, not even us before someone mentions it), and they still lord around the place like the league owes them something. 

Should have liquidated when they had the chance. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

I also have to put up with their insufferable fans day in day out, with their "Eddie Howe's barmy army" and "we play the Bournemouth way" shite.

Fvck off.

This was never a football town and never will be. No football culture here at all, people chat shit constantly when they only started going a few years ago. I used to go to a few games when they were in League 2, was there when they got promoted against Carlisle, and I was pleased for them. Now they've got ideas so far above their station it's unreal, there's not ONE team in the whole football pyramid punching higher than they are (no, not even us before someone mentions it), and they still lord around the place like the league owes them something.

Should have liquidated when they had the chance.

Fair comment above in many ways.

Personally I don't understand the Bournemouth fans comments. Not one living Bournemouth fan has ever seen consistent high standard football. They finally fluked promotion to the top league and now think they are experienced world beaters.

I don't know how old the club is, say a 100+ years, but every season has been lower league, with no doubt honest journeyman footballers, but with little talent. Earn your stripes, give it 30/40 years at the top before you start slagging off established teams with a real history / heritage.

In our match at their place it was clear that they were out to cripple our players, but fortunately it backfired and they came off worse. That's their culture, ingrained from the lower leagues.

It is good to see fresh teams doing well, but until you have an understanding how football is played, best to keep quiet and hope that your football does the talking.

To end positively, I do hope they stay up if it is at the expense of a North Eastern team, much prefer a visit to the south coast.

Who cares what Bournemouth or other fans think of our team, It's easier to attack and criticise others than address your own failures.  

They are kidding themselves if they think that they are playing football the 'proper' way ie lots of sideways and backwards passes.  They need to look at why their style isn't working and change and adapt to their strengths rather than force something that isn't ready.  

The fans seem to think that because they 'matched' us in the two games they should be doing as well as us.  Bournemouth shipped 10 goals in two games to teams we beat and drew with.  That's why we have 25 more points than them, scoring 18 more and conceding 15 less.   

You can give people the stats but they don't care if it doesn't fit their narrative.  We don't need 40 passes in an attempt to get close to the goal, we need a couple and our players know where they should be.

Bournemouth possession fan- Rapid Vienna have had 52% possession this evening. They are 5-0 down. But at least they keep the ball well.

Away against Swansea and Newcastle we had around 40% possession. We won both games 3-0, in what I think was our easiest away games in years.

They can win the possession games. We'll win the actual football games.

Simple stats are for simple minds. Useful stats have names like "qualitative scoring opportunities" and have formulas like [(shots on target/attempted shots)^2] / [(%of possession x π) + e]

Edited by Jordan

Some of these criticisms are hilarious, based on pure jealousy! I can understand where some of these fans are coming from, if say Villa or Stoke or Palace for example were in our position i would personally be horrifically jealous and livid at the big boys for allowing this to happen.

But, because it's us I find it so amusing that we're ruffling all these feathers. We deserve this

I like how that Bournemouth fan said "they have been fantastically lucky with suspensions & injuries"

It's not lucky that on Sunday that was our first red card in 50 games, it's called discipline.

We don't get many Injuries because we have invested a lot of money into sports science and a cryotherapy chamber. How many clubs have spent money on stuff like that? Certainly not Arsenal with their appalling injury record.

Also we don't tell our players just to "run it off" like Bournemouth did with Callum Wilson. Maybe if they hadn't done that he wouldn't have missed nearly a whole season.

Whilst in a relegation battle last season with only a few games left Rob Huth got injured against Chelsea our management took him off as a precautionary. Bournemouth good learn a lot of us.

How many times has Huth elbowed someone and got away with it? We've had a good portion of luck this season.

To be fair, there's nothing wrong with Eddie Howe, seems like a decent bloke by all accounts

• Like 1

Eddie Howe "I'd rather my philosophy fail than change it".

Van Gaal "Philosophy.....Philosophy.....Philosophy".

Media "Eddie Howe's a genius, Van Gaal is clueless and not pragmatic".

This is the real reason English football is so poor internationally. Firstly the mass overrating of our players (Rooney, Sterling etc) and now our managers.

Eddie Howe did nothing but send Burnley backwards. Dyche got Howe's squad promoted, whilst Howe couldn't get ings to hit a barn door. Dyche also did a tremendous job at Watford when you look at what he worked with, turned the likes of Sordell into top championship players at the time.

Dyche > Howe.

Eddie Howe "I'd rather my philosophy fail than change it".

Van Gaal "Philosophy.....Philosophy.....Philosophy".

Media "Eddie Howe's a genius, Van Gaal is clueless and not pragmatic".

This is the real reason English football is so poor internationally. Firstly the mass overrating of our players (Rooney, Sterling etc) and now our managers.

Eddie Howe did nothing but send Burnley backwards. Dyche got Howe's squad promoted, whilst Howe couldn't get ings to hit a barn door. Dyche also did a tremendous job at Watford when you look at what he worked with, turned the likes of Sordell into top championship players at the time.

Dyche > Howe.

Rubbish. Howe's got Bournemouth, Bournemouth for Christ's sake, into the Premiership and looks to keep them up too. That alone puts him a class above the Pound Noter