Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Rubbish. Howe's got Bournemouth, Bournemouth for Christ's sake, into the Premiership and looks to keep them up too. That alone puts him a class above the Pound Noter

So maybe Pellegrini should be knighted because Man City, Man City for Christ's sake, are still in the hunt for 4 trophies?

Of course not, because of the money invested in Man City nowadays.

Same with Bournemouth and Burnley. Bournemouth have spent a fortune, Burnley spent nothing.

Edited by Grewks

agreed, i would prefer it if fans actively hated us than tried to geg in on our success. we are football fans. we're tribal. we support a team and we hate everyone else because they aren't our team. 

"oh yes go on leicester always had a soft spot for them hope they win the league" - a random sheffield united fan or something. 

yeah sure you were checking our results as we were drawing away at stockport or being humiliated at home to millwall. support your team and leave ours alone. we're winning this for our players and our fans, not "for the good of football". it's nothing to do with the good of football. everton fans? you can't enjoy this season because "IT'S GOOD FOR FOOTBALL" you should be hating every minute of it because you're shit and a team who's meant to be shitter than you is going to win the league. get fvcked. 

however there is something fundamentally wrong with football from top to bottom if the main reason some fans of bournemouth don't want us to win the league (any team, not just us) is "they average 42% possession". what a state this game's in/ 

Sorry Scouse, perhaps there's a difference in how we support LCFC and I'm probably in the minority here, but I honestly can't stand the tribal bullshit that goes with it.

Yeah, we all support LCFC but does that really have to go hand in hand with hating every other team, rather than just being indifferent and instead focussing on what our fvcking brilliant club is doing right now?

Believe me, if there was a L'Arse fan around me last weekend and they were choosing to rub that last minute winner in my face I would have wanted to curb-stomp the bastard, but that's a feeling that shouldn't have to last for too long after the final whistle IMO. Next week, next opponent. The ones before (and the ones talking shite about us) simply don't matter.

But to each their own.

• Like 1

Elbowed: the answer is none.

Every one of those has been a straight arm.

It's called protecting the ball!

I think Huth has been lucky a few times. The forearm he planted in Lallana's face was a definite booking but he got away with it. There's been other times where his forearms and elbows are all over the place and he was red card waiting to happen.

I think Huth has been lucky a few times. The forearm he planted in Lallana's face was a definite booking but he got away with it. There's been other times where his forearms and elbows are all over the place and he was red card waiting to happen.

Such as?......

Huth is guilty of being 6ft 3 while attackers in the Premier League are generally 5ft 10 or shorter.

Despite knowing that he still keeps his arms up at what would be a 5ft 10 striker's face height. He may as well keep smashing people in the face though, the refs don't actually seem to care that much.

Such as?......

Vila away. I also remember him doing it for Stoke sometimes. Balotelli spring to mind.

He likes to spread his forearms. He is a big unit but he's careless sometimes.

Opinion of Robert Huth would be much different if he still played for Stoke. He's made a career out of getting away (most of the time) elbowing strikers. I don't care though.

Enjoy seeing people criticising us because it usually highlights either A) that they are uneducated when it comes to football or B) shows off their jealousy or C) both

Vila away. I also remember him doing it for Stoke sometimes. Balotelli spring to mind.

He likes to spread his forearms. He is a big unit but he's careless sometimes.

This.

I don't think he's dirty at all, just doesn't seem to be too aware (or bothered maybe) about where his arms are.