Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Today spoke to a scouser in a call centre, he asked for my surname and when I said Baines, he said as in Leighton, then went on to say he's a blue, I said I'm a blue too of the fox kind, he then spent 15 minutes telling me how brilliant we are and how disapointed he was for us last week and how he wants us to win the league. I was genuinely worried for his job, I was the one that had to wrap up the call despite wanting to talk about it for ages.

Thought I'd let you know.

• Like 1

Today spoke to a scouser in a call centre, he asked for my surname and when I said Baines, he said as in Leighton, then went on to say he's a blue, I said I'm a blue too of the fox kind, he then spent 15 minutes telling me how brilliant we are and how disapointed he was for us last week and how he wants us to win the league. I was genuinely worried for his job, I was the one that had to wrap up the call despite wanting to talk about it for ages.

It's such a weird feeling to have people all over the country wanting us to do well. Now, when we play, in the back of my mind, I know that fans of loads of different clubs from all over the place are paying attention and cheering us on. It's bizarre and hard to understand, but brilliant all the same.

Arry gets that too..

Surname please?... Kane!..

As in Cvnt!

My week was the same. All week with Bradford council and Barnsley NHS. Every person who engaged me about football said virtually the same thing - that we are the second result they look for each week. I think that if we could pull this of it would be the most popular title win in PL history.

My flat here in Cape Town only has access to Supersport 3 on DSTV (which is fortunately the sports channel that caters mostly to English football); Saturday mornings appears to be its preferred spot for "classic matches" - last week I tuned in and we were playing Arsenal's invincibles when we got relegated in 2004 - so many awful players; today because it's the FA Cup, it was Wycombe. I was there what a dreadful day - I texted my dad "CUP. TELETEXT. THE DAY THE CURSE BEGAN" and he guessed it instantly.

I'm hoping someday soon I'll be able to tune in and see us winning.

ZINEDINE ZIDANE has revealed himself as a Leicester City fan and says it would be “special” to see them in the Champions League.

The Foxes have been the surprise package of the season, from narrowly avoiding relegation last term to leading the Premier League with 12 games remaining.

And according to the Real Madrid manager and France legend, their performances have made the whole of Europe sit up and take notice.

Zidane said: “At this stage of the season for Leicester to be leading is an incredible achievement.

“It’s being talked about not just in England, but football across Europe.

“With so many big teams with big budgets in England, if they can be in the Champions League next season, it will be special for football.”

ZINEDINE ZIDANE has revealed himself as a Leicester City fan and says it would be “special” to see them in the Champions League.

The Foxes have been the surprise package of the season, from narrowly avoiding relegation last term to leading the Premier League with 12 games remaining.

And according to the Real Madrid manager and France legend, their performances have made the whole of Europe sit up and take notice.

Zidane said: “At this stage of the season for Leicester to be leading is an incredible achievement.

“With so many big teams with big budgets in England, if they can be in the Champions League next season, it will be special for football.”

Zizou is a blue.

Oh for pete's sake hardly a fan is he, Merely commenting on us now counts as being  a fan does it. Silly.