Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

How big are King Power in Thailand I dont even know. Are they in every airport or what.

I was in Bangkok over Christmas. King Power are huge. They are advertised absolutely everywhere. The domestic flight market is quite big and so the large duty free presence is quite a big deal I would imagine.

2 things I noticed whilst out there;

1- There was a kids tournament featured in the paper; all of the teams were wearing old Leicester kits and possibly didn't know it!

2- I went into the Leicster shop at the airport. Saw a home shirt was priced at about £15. Picked it up and marched toward counter. Only to realise it had no puma logo on it. Looks like the KP boys are pushing their own fake gear!!

People have an awareness of us out there but I wouldn't say I saw any locals wearing our clobber. Still a lot of Man United etc.

Can't find it anywhere, it's been on a couple of times this week on BBC One or Two in the evening. It's just pictures from inside a house with the radio on with commentary of Vardy scoring that belter against Liverpool

Ah, OK ill pay more attention to the TV then!

Id love to get a clip of that commentary (Alan Green I think it was), better than Strings wetting himself!

And it begins.

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any Leicester players in these ads until now.

Kasper I'm sure is noteworthy in the South East region thanks to his dad. I wonder if Vardy or Mahrez ads are around the corner?

Vardy

Shinji

With it being Norwich next, does anybody remember that gimp who gave the most ridiculous pre match preview on earth claimed we'd been worked out made Norwich city out to be better than Brazil and predicted a 3-0 home win Norwich, hhhaaaa, good times, wonder what his thoughts are on this one lol

With it being Norwich next, does anybody remember that gimp who gave the most ridiculous pre match preview on earth claimed we'd been worked out made Norwich city out to be better than Brazil and predicted a 3-0 home win Norwich, hhhaaaa, good times, wonder what his thoughts are on this one lol

Ha ha - yes.  I'd imagine he won't be sharing his thoughts this time!

Ha ha - yes.  I'd imagine he won't be sharing his thoughts this time!

Got a link? I couldn't find it.

Did see this, though:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/102741-norwich-away/?p=3597199

Gave me aids. Imagine thinking Norwich are better than Us, Palace and West Ham.

'It should also be noted that Leicester, Palace and West Ham are all uncomplicated, expensive counter attacking teams. There's nothing special about any of them, they just use what they've got and look naff in every game they play. Surrendering possession and avoiding playing football in favour of results.

Cool good for them, but we're better.

Out much deeper and more sophisticated approach however should be applauded. When we beat Leicester tomorrow we'll be amongst the best of the rest without resorting to being a deep lying pacy counter attacking team with no other way to play.

No other lower half team would appreciate Howson or accommodate Hoolahan in their team which says a lot about their incredibly basic set ups. It's so important that we have an exceptional manager like AN because we can't compete financially. If it was up to me I'd say screw the player/stadium budget and pay AN more than he could get anywhere else because his intelligence and tactical nous is absolutely pivotal to our survival'

the one who said they were obviously going to finish above teams like us because norwich and alex neil "understood football" and "appreciated players like wes hoolahan in a way teams like us never could".

Actor Michael Sheen plays Richard III commentating on Jamie Vardy's record-breaking goal

By atroughton  |  Posted: February 18, 2016

• 12716643-large.jpg

Actor Michael Sheen plays Richard III commentating on Jamie Vardy's record-breaking goal

VIEW GALLERY

Comments (2)

Hollywood actor Michael Sheen has played the part of Richard III celebrating Jamie Vardy's record-breaking goal.

The 47-year-old star, who has starred in films such as Frost/Nixon and Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris, has recorded a short clip as the Plantagenet King as football commentator.

Sheen played Richard III recreating the commentary of BBC Leicester's Ian Stringer as Jamie Vardy notched another goal to claim a new Premier League scoring record.

Vardy, 29, netted against Manchester United at the King Power Stadium in November - his 11th consecutive goal.

Sheen, who is also famous for his powerful roles on stage and TV which have included Henry V, recorded the clip for the BBC Today programme.

8071447.jpg

A BBC spokesman said: "Some people are putting down their success to supernatural forcesbecause Richard III was reburied at Leicester Cathedral last year.

"So we asked Michael Sheen to interpret how the king would have delivered the commentary of BBC Leicester's Ian Stringer."

In the clip he says: "Jamie Vardy has made history. "Leicester, he's done it.

"From non-league prince to Premier League king."

Jamie Vardy was signed by Leicester City from then non-league Fleetwood Town in 2012 for £1million.

He is now the Premier League top scorer this season with 19 goals.

The actor has some football pedigree as he has captained a 'Rest of the World' team against an England XI in games raising money for Unicef through Soccer Aid.

Sheen has been on record stating he supported Liverpool as a youngster but then looked for the results of Swansea, Chelsea and Derby.

Ian Stringer tweeted: "What I love .. @michaelsheen listened to my Vardy goal call over & over. Richard III does Vardy comm."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Actor-Michael-Sheen-plays-Richard-III/story-28761593-detail/story.html#ixzz41I3HzFn8 
Follow us: @@leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

There's an audio in the link. not listened to it myself as said before my hearing is ****ed.

Yeah he's basically the reason I want Norwich to go down.

As  adverts starring footballers go, they could  be a lot worse, at least they aren't trying to act and don't have to actually say anything.

Some amazing examples in here:

http://www.just-football.com/2014/12/top-20-best-weirdest-worst-adverts-with-footballers/

Tevez's dance and Kagawa with a whale and a dog are my favourites.