Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

''33 points left for Leicester, 36 for us, honestly wait until 3 games left

Chris Sutton often says how his Blackburn side were cruising and almost ruined it by ****ing up last 5 games, THAT is when the pressure will really be on Leicester not just yet''

AND

''Spot on, the more it looks possible the more Leicester will choke. We just need to keep close and then pounce near the end.''

These are two of my favourite comments off that spurs forum. Acting like they have more experience in title run ins than us when the highest they've ever finished in the prem is 4th. Huth has one premier league medal, which is more than their entire team combined.

I really can't understand why they think we're more likely to bottle under pressure than them when we've been involved in a relegation scrap which brings about huge pressure as well as pissing our way to the championship title after that Watford game.

The most pressure they've had was that game against Man City to come 4th. They can **** off.

He has two! 04/05 and 05/06

Unbelievable in-depth information they've got going there:

They're worse than Greece in Euros 2004.

lol

Sorry, sonny. We're nothing like Greece.

Comparing a national side with a club squad, comparing a team known for its ultra-defensive style of play with our variation of attacking play and quick counterattacks and the talent within our squad, plus comparing a national side that won EURO 2004 with six games played in total with us after 27 is nothing short of ridiculous.

But I didn't expect any sense coming from a (foreign?) Spurs supporter.

Edited by MC Prussian

To be fair if I was a Spurs (interestingly that auto-corrected to "sours" to start with) fan and had to deal with the absolute weapons who "represent" the Arsenal fanbase online I'd probably retreat into being an arrogant tosser as well.

From Friday night but:

http://www.football365.com/news/mails-a-great-european-night-for-man-united

Spurs will win the league title
Well, that settles it. Spurs will win the Premier League title. The reason? It is now clear that they are the only contenders this season who have the three things a title-winning team must have:

1. A top manager/coach whose game plan the players execute faithfully and without question, every time they go on the pitch.

2. A group of talented, and more importantly, hungry players who don’t know when to stop.

3. Players who all have absolute confidence in each other, on the pitch.

These were the characteristics that also marked out Liverpool of the 70’s and 80’s, Alex Ferguson’s Man Utd., and Brian Clough’s Notts Forest.
Kirit, North West London (Please don’t wake me up from this sweet dream…just let me lay here and enjoy it…)

lol Could swear he's describing us there!

• Like 1

Spurs should really win it with their quality of player, manager, style, ground etc. Quite embarrassing for them if they don't.

If we win it, lets be honest, it'll be an embarrassment for every team in the usual top 6. To go from 14th to 1st in the modern game? Only Montpellier have done that back in 2012. And so to quote their president: "Montpellier Champions of France? If I was Marseille, Paris, Lyon, Lille or Rennes, I'd stab myself in the arse with a sausage! What an embarrassment it would be for them."
  • Like 3

Kaspar,Was,Wes,DD,Vardy,King,Riyad and Jeffrey were all part of the squad that had to fend off the challenge of Burnley and QPR to win the Championship title in 2014.The same players, (plus Albrighton, Huth, Leo and Simpson), were involved in last season's 'great escape'..Add to that the vast experience of the respective International captains of Austria, (Fuchs), and Switzerland, (Inler), and it's almost laughable that some Spurs fans think that the Foxes will "inevitably crumble under pressure"....Can't see too many in their squad that have dealt with similar!

I expect Schwarzer is a big plus in the changing room on this point.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10184620/did-norwich-show-the-formula-for-stopping-leicester

Against Leicester it is a formula against any other team the manager would call it parking the bus

I'd say that's a fair summary of the match. If other teams set up like that we're going to need a plan b.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10184620/did-norwich-show-the-formula-for-stopping-leicester

Against Leicester it is a formula against any other team the manager would call it parking the bus

Do we need to combat this 'formula' with a slightly different approach? What's the best way for us to cope with it?

That article mentioned that we like to play narrow and Alex Neil set up his Norwich side to stifle the way we attack in this way. If Mahrez and Albrighton swapped wings, we would increase the width and hopefully give us more chance of breaking down teams like Norwich who have a game-plan to let us have the ball and invite us to play through them.

An alternative would be to put Mahrez in the middle and have Albrighton on the right and Schlupp on the left, providing Schlupp is fit enough to play from the start. As much as I love him, could sacrificing Okazaki for the first 60 minutes or so be an option?

• Like 1

As if some of those Spurs morons would rather their biggest rival won the league than us.

i know a united fan who said we're the team "up there" who he'd least like to win it which considering the other options include man city and arsenal is quite impressive

i know a united fan who said we're the team "up there" who he'd least like to win it which considering the other options include man city and arsenal is quite impressive

Certainly living in Leicester all the glory supporting Man U fans are hating it, I've heard loads say they want anyone but us to win, although to be fair I also know a few that have apparantly always supported Leicester aswell.

couple weeks before the Arsenal match went to the petrol station before a game and the guy behind the counter (Arsenal fan) saw I had my Leicester top on and was, like many others, hoping we won the league if they didn't and was revelling in the fact we were doing so well and playing so well.

Fast forward to yesterday and I go to fill up my car on the way back from the game yesterday, he recognises me and says 'you're gonna get relegated next season and Mahrez and Vardy are gonna leave and you'll be left with nothing'. I laughed it off thinking he was just messing then he started talking about the Champions League and how we're not good enough for it.

So I told him we weren't meant to be good enough to stay in the league this season and tipped for relegation but we're above you and top of the league lol lol