Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Result an poll on the BBC sportsday today, which asked who'd win the league.

Not sure I'm agreeing with how few voted for Man City, but nearly half voted for us.

Yeah but those poll results change daily though.  Before Spurs played West Ham they got most of the votes in the same poll question.  Basically people just look at the most recent results and make their decision based on that when really if anyone went into the Hammers game fully expecting Spurs to win the title then with 10 more games to go and only 3 points to catch up any logical reasoning that led to that decision - and there's a lot to draw on to make that argument, it's far from over yet - should really still stand.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10190765/chelsea-captain-john-terry-hopes-leicester-win-the-premier-league

John Terry wading in...

Despite Chelsea's woes, Terry admits he has been following the title race with interest and believes it would be great for the game if Leicester can win their first Premier League crown.

"What Leicester are doing is incredible to be honest and I am wishing them well to push on," Terry said.

"If it is not going to us, it would be great for them and it would be great for football. People do get a little bit tired of the same teams up there.

"People are really excited by what Leicester have done and it gives the smaller clubs a belief that with a few signings and a few right decisions, they can reap the rewards as well."

Always thought he was a good bloke  :ph34r:

Edited by nnfox

Still brings a smile to my face to hear players like Vincent Kompany say things like "we need to get the three points and maybe Leicester will drop some points". What a time to be alive.

• Like 1

They will go to Vicarage Road confident that if they reproduce the performance that they did in midweek, then they can win away to a Watford team that is admirably solid but has already lost at home this season to teams seemingly worse than Leicester, including Arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester City and Manchester United.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/mar/04/premier-league-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

• Like 1

I think Wenger would actually implode if that happened and resulted in them missing out.

arsenal will be making sure they get a point at home to ensure they finish fourth come the last day. the title "race" will be the last of their worries.

Chelsea could be playing for something on the last day at this rate...

I agree, they look in decent form at the minute, Guss seems to be doing it for them again. Could well see Chelsea pushing on and breaking in to the European picture some how, id bank on them getting past PSG in the second leg as well.

Decent from Terry that, despite what he's done in the past I've always admired him as a player, I believe that up to last season he was still the best Centre back in England.

Chelsea could be playing for something on the last day at this rate...

If this game meant something to Chelsea and was down to a draw or win for us to lift the trophy, I would love it........would be arguably the biggest game in any sport most of us will ever watch and the week building up to the match would be just unreal.

The atmosphere and the nerves would be at the highest level. To me this is what it's all about.

That being said I'd not saying no to less stress and we somehow run away with it early.....just saying, if it came down to the above scenario......well Wow!!!

The fact that they were willing to pay such a high sum with 10 games remaining makes me think.......the gambling world has us on solid ground to bring it home.

I imagine it's all decided by a formula.