Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Re: John Terry and the final game Chelsea away

If Spurs are level with us on points going into the last day, does anyone think they'd let us win 0-10 to overcome Spurs's GD? A few goals from horrible set piece defending, a few from weak back passes, a few on the break away where they just 'give up' trying to defend it...

Or is that taking it a little too far.

If Spurs are level with us on points going into the last day, does anyone think they'd let us win 0-10 to overcome Spurs's GD? A few goals from horrible set piece defending, a few from weak back passes, a few on the break away where they just 'give up' trying to defend it...

You're kidding yourself if you think any team would let any team win for anything other than the fact there's a huge bung in it for them (allegedly)

The fans would but it's not the fans we have to play.

Footballers aren't fans they are professionals who hold little regard for rivalries. They will play for their position in the team and pride. Courtois won't let a goal in on purpose and Costa, Hazard, Oscar, etc won't miss a goal on purpose.

The most we can hope for is they have their proverbial flip flops on in a nothing game for them and an all round apathy as their fans atmosphere want Leicester and Ranieri to win the title but they won't be losing on purpose.

Words fail me?

http://www.varsity.co.uk/sport/9974

I do hope they show this to the city team for a bit of inspiration...

I love how the writer protects himself at the end with "Only time will tell whether Leicester really have title-winning credentials", yet in the beginning says, "But it’s just a fantasy. There are 10 games left which will inevitably drag Leicester back down to earth."

So is it just a fantasy, inevitable we won't win it... or is it that only will tell (no shit).

Also back to earth? Top 3 is still way up in the clouds. Unless he thinks we will slip down to midtable.

After backing Leicester City to win the Premier League title at the start of the season at odds of 5000/1, Foxes fan Jon Pryke has cashed out his £20 bet for a substantial £29,000. City are three points clear at the table with two and a half months of the season remaining. (Ladbrokes).

Don't blame him

After backing Leicester City to win the Premier League title at the start of the season at odds of 5000/1, Foxes fan Jon Pryke has cashed out his £20 bet for a substantial £29,000. City are three points clear at the table with two and a half months of the season remaining. (Ladbrokes).

Don't blame him

I would have waited until after today - more likely we will have a bigger lead than three points with 9 to go. The odds on today's games say his cash out would have been better by tomorrow.

Words fail me?

http://www.varsity.co.uk/sport/9974

I do hope they show this to the city team for a bit of inspiration...

What a rubbish and condescending piece of ****. Trying to cling onto straws in every single department, not one iota cherishing the fact that a team like Leicester is mixing it up at the top for once. The first part is from an objective point of view and then he lets all standards drop and the antipathy trickling through.

Whom does the writer support? I'm sure it must be a London club.

He doesn't even hide the fact that he knows little to nothing about our team:

the Leicester team is almost entirely comprised of Championship players

Excuse me?

yet there is a reason why players such as Vardy and Mahrez are playing for Leicester City and not Manchester City

Yeah, because we discovered and signed them and not Manchester City, you ****!

Imagine a world where people like Zack Case are paid to write ill-informed, superficial and biased pieces like this one... *shudders*

To round if off, may I quote the genius himself again:

Leicester have not won the League yet. Paul the Octopus says they will not.

Yeah, Paul the Octopus is fvcking dead. Playing too much Ouija, are we?

Edited by MC Prussian

Why are we getting wound up by a spotty kid who may well not even be out of his teens? Just cos it's published on the net, doesn't mean it's worth analysing or even reading!

Apologies to all the spotty kids on here!

You would think that Cambridge students could spell flair correctly. Thickos.

Well, that's him:

https://www.facebook.com/zack.case.54

Not so spotty anymore (early twenties, I suppose) and treasurer for the Cambridge U Jewish Society.

And he's definitely an Arsenal fan, see his baseball cap? lol

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1