Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

It's really sad that Watford fans cling on to that utterly meaningless goal like it actually means anything. Please give it up, it's embarrassing - we're all bigger than that now.

What else do they have to celebrate? Winning the league? They were a bit premature celebrating that one and it cost them the title.

Their own fans in their eagerness to have another pitch invasion, cost their own team the title. That's probably why they go on about Deeney day so much because what should have been the greatest day in their history their own fans fvcked it up for them.

post-22310-0-59851800-1457228316_thumb.j

Judging by the title of the article and the caption of the photo, this fella doesn't know much about football. Or chess.

Garth Crooks really has shown his colours today, when they were talking about Leicester he was making weird noises, like he was masturbating and then talked about Norwich.

He was pressed on Leicester and said Watford will get something out of this game.

Looked really weird too, looked like a demonic pixie.

I thought that too

Used to like him as a player years ago but he is a ****ing shit pundit

Spurs fan at work has conceded. Obviously he doesn't mean it and is trying to play some sort of detached mind game. BUT he knows it's true.

Bloody hell even mates are playing mind games!

To be fair with only 27 left to play for and a 5 point gap. The way we are grinding out results and the others are failing it's hard to see any other result.

When the tears stream. AH DOWN YOUR FAYCCEEEE

I've been reading the comments section below the report of our game in several sources this morning... the reaction from fans of other clubs right now is unreal. If the sheer power of positivity towards us counted for anything, we should be getting over the line.

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?57504-That-goal-in-the-Guardian

That goal made them happier than wining the league will make us. Sure wish I was a Watford fan.

I know what he means though.

I remember Vardy's goal in our crucial relegation last season against Burnley in our 0-1 away win. They'd just missed a penalty a minute before and I was still celebrating like we'd scored and then Vardy scores a minute later and I had to celebrate again. I always go mental when we score and having to do it twice in a minute I felt like I was going to have a heart attack at the end of it.  :)

Sometimes the journey is better than arriving.

If we won the title it's not winning it that gives you the most pleasure but the moments on the way like coming back from 0-2 vs Villa to win 3-2, Ulloa vs Norwich and Huth vs Tottenham away. 

They don't mean us.  I'm completely done with F365 now: Today's mailbox included 10 entries on Spurs-Arsenal but only 2 about our match; both one-liners reasserting the website's 'little Leicester' editorial bias.  Unsurprisingly my following effort questioning their writers' continual use of the nobody wants to win the league cliché did not make the cut:

Can we please all stop with this "nobody wants to win the league" bollocks?  As a Leicester fan it was a funny line at first but now that we're down to 9 games remaining with only 3 defeats to our name it's getting downright offensive every time I open an apparently serious piece of journalism to read that tired old line just because it's us at the top of the table.  It's really not our fault nor our concern that nobody expected us to have the best balanced squad and the ability to cope when starting 11 members take a knock (honestly it's embarrassing that some of the 'big team' fans think to trot out the injured players excuse with the amount they've spent on having a squad of players).  Show some respect.

Yeah it's a bit angry and yeah it questions their own work (they have after all published my views on 3 other occasions where the contents of the mails was in one case flattering to them, another flattering to Spurs, and the other was a harmless and uncontentious assertion about our squad, all 3 of them were wishy washy pieces) but that's never stopped them when Arsenal or Man Utd fans regularly send in overtly aggressive views.

The point I'm trying to make is that after giving it a lot of time and a ton of ignored attempts at providing a bit of perspective I've lost patience with how their editor and writers can't bear looking past the London and Manchester teams so I shan't be bothering them with my patronage anymore and neither should anyone else on here tbh.  It's pathetic.

On that note, anyone know a decent footy news & review site they can recommend to take its place?

Guest ttfn

They don't mean us. I'm completely done with F365 now: Today's mailbox included 10 entries on Spurs-Arsenal but only 2 about our match; both one-liners reasserting the website's 'little Leicester' editorial bias. Unsurprisingly my following effort questioning their writers' continual use of the nobody wants to win the league cliché did not make the cut:

Yeah it's a bit angry and yeah it questions their own work (they have after all published my views on 3 other occasions where the contents of the mails was in one case flattering to them, another flattering to Spurs, and the other was a harmless and uncontentious assertion about our squad, all 3 of them were wishy washy pieces) but that's never stopped them when Arsenal or Man Utd fans regularly send in overtly aggressive views.

The point I'm trying to make is that after giving it a lot of time and a ton of ignored attempts at providing a bit of perspective I've lost patience with how their editor and writers can't bear looking past the London and Manchester teams so I shan't be bothering them with my patronage anymore and neither should anyone else on here tbh. It's pathetic.

On that note, anyone know a decent footy news & review site they can recommend to take its place?

If you wanted a "decent footy news and review site" I have no idea what you're doing on F365, it's sub-tabloid guff.

And yet they've got the gall to lay into other websites and newspapers in their snide (and it has to be said occasionally quite perceptive) "media watch" segment, attacking other publications for their "click bait" articles when 2/3 of what they write is about Liverpool, Man United or Arsenal. Meanwhile, they're being funded themselves by those ridiculous links like "hottest players of the women's World Cup - you won't believe number 20".

They've also taken an editorial stance to absolutely batter Vardy at every opportunity. Not a mention goes by without him being referred to as racist. Meanwhile last week they wrote a glowing review on Joey Barton, a man who went to prison for assaulting a team mate and once stubbed a cigar out in a youth team player's eye.

They hold themselves up as morally superior, sophisticated football writers and yet offer up worse analysis and equally cumbersome and tired stories on the big clubs than the tabloids they lampoon.

If you want decent football writing for free, read The Guardian online. At least one great article a day.

Football365 provides some good articles (John Nicholson's stuff is usually entertaining) but plenty of snide digs and a moral tone over some incidents/ players and not others. ttfn is right, Vardy's incident is brought up at every opportunity, even down to his reaction after his goal v Man United to claim the record (which was in response to an article stating we had down to earth players, when actually he was responding to taunts from the away section just before).

It could be a better website but for the biased tones of some writers.

http://dailycannon.com/2016/03/leicester-luck-continues-as-mahrez-survives-injury-scare/? How is riyad  not getting seriously injured luck?  another cantish comment from a bitter gooner..

Tbf we're very lucky to have the best injury management staff in the league to prevent more serious soft tissue injuries.

Tbf we're very lucky to have the best injury management staff in the league to prevent more serious soft tissue injuries.

It's pretty pathetic when someone hopes a player is injured. So now you hope a team goes down due to injuries so you can win? Arsenal blows, even when their star players are healthy! Fecking bottlers!