Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11447225/Revealed-the-Premier-Leagues-fittest-player.html

we were top 10 in sprints, and I'm pretty sure bringing in Kante for Cambiasso will have caused a huge swing in Col's pants in our collective fitness and distance covered stats.

Anyway we've given this nonsense enough publicity, back to the small matter of wishing our lives away between games.

• Like 4

Rest days are a must and 2 days off would be often recommended when working to peak on certain days. In track we were on a schedule for just this reason during race season. Stupid conspiracy theories.....next it'll be Bournemouth, West Ham or any other team that's not Chelsea, United, M City, Arsenal or Liverpool.

Move on but I must admit i do love these little boys crying to mummy that it's just not fair and not fun any more. 

Fox_in_spain, on 08 Mar 2016 - 08:53 AM, said:snapback.png

Maybe, just maybe, there is a correlation between not training as much as other teams and being fitter and faster, maybe over working the body causes stresses and strains that result in injuries which inhibit performance. Just maybe focussing all energy on being 100% fit for a match day means players perform better. Or it could be that we are actually vampires and sucking the life force from former players that are locked in the KP basement.

I'm surprised they've not mentioned that all we do is go out drinking and eat pizza, and yet are still the fastest and fittest team in the league.

I've heard from a reliable source that our players have been eating performance enhancing pizzas

It's because they have been trained like Pavlov's dogs . notice Ranier's hands are kept mostly in his pockets on the side lines ?  he's got bells in both pockets and does the old  " Dilly Ding --Dilly Dong " audible sign language to the players . I'm amazed no one has sussed this yet.

Mahrez has time-released Adderall entering directly in the bloodsteam via patches on his hands...no wonder the man wears gloves regardless of temperature! 

Shinji is just so happy all of the time because he's constantly high. This also explains why he falls over so much.

Waz is using HGH; thus why he looks like a Humvee. 

Edited by UPinCarolina

It's because they have been trained like Pavlov's dogs . notice Ranier's hands are kept mostly in his pockets on the side lines ?  he's got bells in both pockets and does the old  " Dilly Ding --Dilly Dong " audible sign language to the players . I'm amazed no one has sussed this yet.

This is 100% true, when the bell rings have you see Mahrez dribble!!!

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11447225/Revealed-the-Premier-Leagues-fittest-player.html

we were top 10 in sprints, and I'm pretty sure bringing in Kante for Cambiasso will have caused a huge swing in Col's pants in our collective fitness and distance covered stats.

Anyway we've given this nonsense enough publicity, back to the small matter of wishing our lives away between games.

More like a small rustle. :whistle:

I love how people think it is luck not to get injuries. It is called investment in sport science and buying players without historical injury problems unlike say...... forest.

You can invest all the money you want you will always need some luck in a contact sport.

One badly timed tackle can put a player out for a season.

The money we have spent can only minimise injuries and recovery time it can't eradicate injuries.

Imagine thinking a time where players played in workboots and were free to drink & smoke is comparable to a time when some of the world's elite footballers on superhuman diet and training regimes are taken on by a team collected for £20-30 million, about ten times less than the elite teams, who are generally outcasts or lower league recruits.

As for their six game 'European Cup'... Yeah, so much like the Champion's League eh...

Edited by Finnaldo

Imagine thinking a time where players played in workboots and were free to drink & smoke is comparable to a time when some of the world's elite footballers on superhuman diet and training regimes are taken on by a team collected for £20-30 million, about ten times less than the elite teams, who are generally outcasts or lower league recruits.

As for their six game 'European Cup'... Yeah, so much like the Champion's League eh...

They always go on about spending no money as well, well the UK transfer record was £500k.... and when they got promoted they spent 250k alone on Shilton, plus money on a few others. Then they broke the transfer record on Francis the year after. So... it's a bit like us spending £80m after getting promoted and then another £80m the season after, in terms of cash that's in the game.