Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I was going to say the same sort of thing.

If we had won the Champions League (... twice) we'd all still be banging on about it now.

I imagine most young Forest supporters grew up to stories about how Francis scored against Malmo or whatever. I haven't seen anyone dispute the fact that they should cherish their history and hold onto the hope that it'll happen again and I know I certainly would if Leicester won the Champions League back to back.

I don't think it'd be part of my daily routine to log onto Twitter and message every rival fan they can find to remind them about it

though.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1

The only team of note that Forest beat in those two European tournaments were Liverpool, winning the league in this day and age would eclipse that achievement easily. Its ok to bang on about the past if you witnessed it in my opinion and a vast majority of the Forest fan base have witnessed nothing but failure since they were born whereas we could potentially witness the greatest achievement in sport history to which we could rightfully brag about it for years to come. We are indefinitely the pride of the east midlands and we have been for decades now.

that forest forum is grim. i know people like to say the whole "football was invented in 92 u know Iol banter #sky #loI" but they say it in every single post because they have barely existed since before the premier league. 

as i've said before, nobody of my generation even knows what nottingham forest is. people these days think of nottingham forest alongside teams like huddersfield, hull, burnley etc. some shit arse championship club who have a few thousand fans, no good players and are going to finish mid table in the championship forever.

Yes funny innit...We were like that a couple of years ago..

We used to hate the bigheaded stance of the big teams fans, lets not take the same path.

that forest forum is grim. i know people like to say the whole "football was invented in 92 u know Iol banter #sky #loI" but they say it in every single post because they have barely existed since before the premier league. 

What are you talking about, developing one of the best, potentially-Premier League winning, captains in the history of English football is hardly barely existing. :ph34r:

As the username suggests Palace fan in peace here.

I just feel compelled to post on your forum and want to wish you all the best for the rest of the season and by God I hope you win the title and show to all including kids that belief, hunger, togetherness, teamwork can achieve.

I remember walking away from your stadium last season when we just done a smash and grab raid 0-1 and walking through your fans listening to them resigning themselves to the Championship for the following season and actually feeling the despair as being a Palace fan is often associated with lol .. TO THIS !!  .. I for one will be punching the air whilst on my knees clenching my fists if you guys can do it as I am sure most 'Football Fans' will be so I can only imagine what it will feel like deep inside for you Foxes.

Hopefully we can have our moment in the cup this year.

Keep up the support which is fantastic and IS noticed on TV on your live matches as this as much as anything else this without doubt filters through to the players (after all there only human) and they will want to do it for you as much as you want them to do it for you.

You wont see nor here of me again as it feels a bit like I am cheating on my wife so I had better clear my browsing history take a shower and act normal.. ;)

Hi Palace Fan, Thank you for your support, I'm sure most fans outside of the supposed big teams are like you and can see how this would benefit all of the footballing world. Bringing back in reach what most have believed an impossible dream for ordinary teams without chucking stupid money at it. Best of luck in the cup and won't mind too much if you guys roll over and make life easy for us when we visit your place. :)

Edited by holyfox

What are you talking about, developing one of the best, potentially-Premier League winning, captains in the history of English football is hardly barely existing. :ph34r:

Let's not forget letting him go for next to nowt and doing their bit for the football fairytale

someone at the mercury liked this thread so much they made their own 

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/LCFC-league/story-28890762-detail/story.html?utm_content=buffer9a730&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Edited by ScouseFox
  • Like 2

I'm glad we're not one of those clubs that can only talk about past achievements. Forest for example are now just an average Championship team that are becoming more forgettable to the world each year. The only thing they seem to 'have on us' is that they have a rival and we don't, which for a Leicester fan nowadays means **** all.

"Yeah they just beat teams worth £100m+ plus that have dominated for decades to be favourites for the title and play in the Champions League, BUT THEY THINK WE'RE RIVALS BUT WE ONLY HATE DERBY WHEEEYY.

P.s should we invite Leicester for a pre-season game in the Summer? It would be great for our revenues and people will remember us"

Also, I can't wait to be the first team in football history to win the title based on 'luck' and nothing else!

I must admit I do envy the fact we don't have a proper rivalry, but it's the worst, most desperate stick any fan can beat Leicester with and yet I see it all the time. Why do people act like it's down to anything other than geography?

Leicester are no-one's most local game. That's the sole reason. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Some interesting stuff in there, but this bit from the Sunderland journo highlights why everything should be taken with a pinch of salt..

I thought you would miss your Italian playmaker, Cambiasso, but then the lad Mahrez stepped up to the plate, didn't he?

Some interesting stuff in there, but this bit from the Sunderland journo highlights why everything should be taken with a pinch of salt..

The thing is very few football fans have any real insight into a club other than their own.

You see all these comments from other fans about how we have been lucky with injuries. If you signed up to every forum to explain how we've invested in that side of the club, having our own cryogenic chamber etc. you would never stop. 

yeah, weirdest comment is the west brom one

"id swap places with you in a heartbeat"

as if there was a debate or a certain amount of people who wouldn't want to be top of the league playing great football enjoying ourselves instead of bottom half being depressed by tony pulis lobbing coins at our own players

• Like 1

I was going to say the same sort of thing.

If we had won the Champions League (... twice) we'd all still be banging on about it now.

Notts Forest have NEVER won the Champions League or even competed in it. The old European Cup format had little resemblance to the current competition.

Notts Forest have NEVER won the Champions League or even competed in it. The old European Cup format had little resemblance to the current competition.

'Notts Forest' have never won either considering there is no such club.