Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

forgetting the title for just one second. barring a complete collapse, Leicester are more or less guranteed champions league qualification now. That is utterly, utterly mental.

It's just so so typical that the one year we manage to get it together to capitalise on the failings of the traditionally successful clubs, some totally random team has the season of all seasons, whilst picking up huge slices of luck and playing mostly dogshit but efficient football all the way through.

Not saying I believe this at all, but indulge me while i put on my conspiracy theory hat.

TV channels are about to shell out a huge fortune for the rights to the premier league. But no one wants to see man city and chelsea just walk the league every year. That is not a very entertaining product. What better to kick off the new deals and pul in record audiences than the most unlikely of underdog stories. It gets viewers believing that in this league, anything truly is possible. The most exciting league in the world. I'll definitely pay a monthly subscription for that shit. Picture the immense pre-season montages of plucky little leicester putting the big boys to the sword. Pulling in the punters currently on the fence. So the bosses dictate to the officials to let them get a few dodgy decisions here and there, and **** over the other clubs with poor ones whilst they're at it. Maybe Mourinho was right. Maybe the conspiracy wasn't against Chelsea though, but for Leicester.

That's enough now. The orderlies are coming.

Bibble

--------------------------------------

Wow. Seriously special( from spurs forum)

Edited by Swarles Barkley

hahaha dying at that fella who thinks the whole footballing world from tv gurus to players to directors to fans have all set up a deal to make sure spurs don't win the league. nobody gives a f uck about spurs. shit fu cking dikhead Spurs winning the league would be as much of an underdog story as us winning the league. they're shit and had no chance of winning the league. we've both been matched @ 1000 (aka IMPOSSIBLE) on the exchanges and are both not meant to win the league. we've both won basically f uck all for 25 years. why do they think people see them winning the league as some sort of "OH NOT ANOTHER MASSIVE CLUB EXPECTEDLY WINNING THE LEAGUE. AGAIN!" they are shit. stupid and shit.

• Like 1

Pretty sure there's more cvunts in that thread than in Amsterdam's red light district.. As per delusions of grandeur, they're on par with Arsenal fans. Quite shocking really. I hope Dortmund will give them a proper spanking again and Bournemouth will take at least two points off them.

How did we take 5 points from them? A win and a draw equals 4 doesn't it or am I missing something here?

Only thing I can think of is that they saw us as a six point banker this season, but only sneaked a point at our place, hence a loss of five points.

At their gaff, they huffed and puffed and had one chance in 90 minutes. We deserved the win, because they couldn't work out how to break us down. Classic away performance.

I have been supporting the city for 53 years, Tottenham have done nothing in the league during this time, why do they have such delusions of grandeur. They have been also rans for decades now, but assume they should win the league because they perceive themselves as a a bigger and wealthier club. They have no class as Dortmund proved.

Villa hit the post 3 times in the last 10 minutes v them the other day. Newcastle had nothing close to that against us. We were poor but they lost their MOJO and luckily escaped an embarrassing come back by Villa

As for spurs fans on that forum, well they've been second best in a two horse north London race for so long they are nothing but miserable bitter losers.

Edited by biggs

lol that spurs forum!!

We have spent more time at the top of the prem than they have in their entire history and they think we're the smaller club? Deluded ****ing bellends. What have they ever done? Lose to Arsenal for decades?

Delicious sodium.

Edited by z-layrex

Ranieri getting up was done at the perfect time. The fans were quiet as you could tell how nervous they were and the players couldnt keep the ball. When he did that, the fans and player both responded. The next (and final) 6 or so minutes was spent in Newcastles half seeing out the game.

good observation from the redcafe

Haven't read it but I think someone is trying to say they took 1 point from us not six, so we took their 5 points.

After a minute or two I thought of this as well, basically 6 points for them before playing us hence we cost them 5 on their points total.

Happy days.

I have to say watching the curve of opinion from other fans has been interesting this season.

Same here, both Manchester clubs have been well informed and complimentary.

Arsenal and Spurs have both been so bitter although Arsenal's is starting to turn towards Wenger as opposed to us.

In fairness, some of the comments in the Spurs forum are balanced but the majority are so laughably delusional. That TV conspiracy one... I really hope the guy who weote that didnt actually believe it for the sake of his own sanity.

Edited by Mark WNI

One Spurs fan calls it right, we win five of our eight, they need to win seven....Bournemouth,Liverpool (a) Manchester United, , Stoke (a)up next....4 wins? I just can't see it....got a feeling the Cherries will get something at the weekend......

The difference in attitude being two clubs are from a city used to getting what it wants and the other two from a city that has to work for everything it gets.

Absolutely. Loser's mentality in the most self-absorbed city possible.

The difference in attitude being two clubs are from a city used to getting what it wants and the other two from a city that has to work for everything it gets.

Without encouraging the use of the world's smallest violin, living in Tottenham doesn't seem like much of a government-backed utopia to me.

As others have said its because they've finally emerged from Arsenal's shadow and unfortunately have found themselves in the shadow of somebody else again. Most Spurs fans I know are basically more extreme versions of most normal football fans - they expect that something will always go wrong because (relatively speaking, given the size and (increasingly ancient) history of the club) nothing good ever happens to Spurs.

Same here, both Manchester clubs have been well informed and complimentary.

Arsenal and Spurs have both been so bitter although Arsenal's is starting to turn towards Wenger as opposed to us.

In fairness, some of the comments in the Spurs forum are balanced but the majority are so laughably delusional. That TV conspiracy one... I really hope the guy who weote that didnt actually believe it for the sake of his own sanity.

Like the drugs story, it doesn't matter if the originator actually believes any of it, others will believe it and spread it to Twitter or Facebook where others will read it and believe it and so on. Give it a few weeks and there'll be blogs, petitions, a million tweets and articles in the nationals that aren't about us but are. The fans of the big clubs will believe anything right now, they're desperate to find some way that we've cheated or they've been cheated against. Anything that will explain why little old Leicester is top of the league that means they don't have to accept that we've quite simply been better than them on and off the pitch. They're all so conditioned to thinking that only spending massive amounts of money on in their minds, supposedly superior individuals, wins trophies that when in their minds, supposedly inferior individuals bought from Poundland*, actually make the best team unit, it can only be the result of some form of cheating.

*Other pound shops and discount stores are available.