Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I actually can't believe what I'm reading on some of these sites.

Either we're going to bottle it because we're only winning 1-0, or we're boring, or the referee's are fixing it for us (seriously because of those 2 decisions which were both ball to hand???) or we're all on drugs.

The bitterness is becoming scandalous, it's not even amusing any more.

It's the bitter realization that Leicester are an actual contender and even though we play exciting football, it's not the way they do it so it must be poor. Fans with blinders on. How dare we compete with them.

Those fans need to watch us from 2004-2008 if they think this is boring football.

Watching Josh Low and Elvis Hammond trying to play football was excruciating.

I revel in the bitterness..

If the unthinkable does happen, and Spurs do pip you for the title (won't happen) can I expect an outpouring of goodwill and congratulations from the majority of folk on here? I doubt it. I might suggest that a few will be a little 'bitter' to say the least. I hope you prove me wrong.

If the unthinkable does happen, and Spurs do pip you for the title (won't happen) can I expect an outpouring of goodwill and congratulations from the majority of folk on here? I doubt it. I might suggest that a few will be a little 'bitter' to say the least. I hope you prove me wrong.

If any bitterness were to come out it wouldn't be placed at Spurs but at ourselves. Quite simply the team who wins it deserves it. If Spurs go on and win the title then fair play to them and there would be many congratulatory posts on this forum. It would be a hard pill to swallow that we had threw it away but that wouldn't be Spurs fault but our own.

We would actually give credit where credit is due unlike some other fans

• Like 1

If any bitterness were to come out it wouldn't be placed at Spurs but at ourselves. Quite simply the team who wins it deserves it. If Spurs go on and win the title then fair play to them and there would be many congratulatory posts on this forum. It would be a hard pill to swallow that we had threw it away but that wouldn't be Spurs fault but our own.

Don't kid yourself.

• Like 3

Don't kid yourself.

If anybody had actual bitterness towards Spurs if they pipped us to the title rather than bitterness at us throwing it away then that's quite sad.

You should congratulate them on a job well done no matter how hard it would be to take.

If anybody had actual bitterness towards Spurs if they pipped us to the title rather than bitterness at us throwing it away then that's quite sad.

You should congratulate them on a job well done no matter how hard it would be to take.

And you think that'll happen on here?

Ok, fair enough. I saw a post a few pages back where someone was praising Chelsea fans. I can assure you that if their league position was swapped with Spurs' we'd be desperate for you to win it and you'd be getting dogs's abuse from them. They want you to win it because they hate us - not because they love you, and some of you might be praising our fans for our support of your challenge. Football throws up strange bedfellows does it not.?

For my part if we can't win it I hope you do - anyone but the Sky top 4. The unfortunate antipathy that exists between our two clubs at the moment (on the Internet at least) is caused, I hope, because of our respective league positions. It would be sad if this developed.

Edit: If you do win the title, I hope you have a look at the fighting cock and other Spurs forums. There will be many of our fans congratulating you on your achievement. Until then, it's only banter. No Spurs fan really hates LCFC.

If not us then you.

Edited by Reg Biscuits
  • Like 1

It's quite enjoyable reading through that, seeing how they all eventually start to believe.

I'm waiting to see how long it is before my fiancee sees that I've put the Arsenal picture as her desktop background on her computer ;)  (Luckily for her she doesn't work atm, so she doesn't have to get up as early.)

https://the93rdminutedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/arsenalboombustcycle.png

It will all depend on the context, if Sunderland grind out a 1-0 win on Sunday by out fighting us, then we drop points to United, West Ham and Chelsea because they outfought, outplayed and outscored us and Spurs win their last 6 games by being brilliant, then what can you do. Spurs would deserve it.

If we lose to Sunderland because DeAndre Yedlin (Spurs player on loan at Sunderland) injures Mahrez and Schmeichel gets a dubious red card in the last minute conceding a "penalty", and his reaction then extends the ban and he is ruled out for 4 games, which causes us to capitulate. In the following games none of the marginal decisions go our way, whilst Harry Kane scores consecutive penalties against Man United and 10 man Stoke. Eriksson firing in a couple of free kicks for good measure whilst Wimmer's blatant hand ball on the line is conveniently ignored. You can guarantee there will be some bitterness on here.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

I actually can't believe what I'm reading on some of these sites.

Either we're going to bottle it because we're only winning 1-0, or we're boring, or the referee's are fixing it for us (seriously because of those 2 decisions which were both ball to hand???) or we're all on drugs.

The bitterness is becoming scandalous, it's not even amusing any more.

I'm with you. I can't believe it either .... As much as you try and ignore it it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. There are some sad people out there.

And you think that'll happen on here?

It wouldn't now that they've been utter toss pots. Prior to reading the utter shit they have written about us I had no issue with them, I was glad it wasn't the usual bunch up there competing. Now I'd rather Arsenal win it over them, absolutely detest them. I think I'll start up a conspiracy website to discredit everything they've done.

Edited by Babylon

This is the one that get's me... I'm almost addicted to reading it. The bitterness and delusion is astonishing

http://www.dearmrlevy.com/

The blog is written by a spurs fan or also writes for the metro and 442. I couldn't help but post the 'tiki taka' Liverpool video a couple of weeks back in response to claims we play boring football.

Liverpool fan here.  I read that because I was bored.  lol!  Poor deluded Spurs fans.  Unfortunately, we couldn't beat them for you although they were very lucky to get a draw.  And yes, everyone is hoping that the fairy tale happens.  Spurs were just hoping it happened to them - you may be ruining their one chance also to win it all.   However, nobody is taking it easy on you.  If you win it, it's because you earned it.