Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Did you really expect the team in 2nd to be pulling for you? Bitter much? Just like that Liverpool fan above. As least you are showing you can more than compete which is more than they can.

Of course I don't expect them to be pulling for us, I don't care if people are or not. What I would expect is people to have a modicum of knowledge about the league and the teams that are in it... and perhaps a bit of humility towards a team that cost less than bloody Son. There is so much shit written on twitter, the spurs forums etc from your fellow fans that it just makes them look utterly bitter knobbers.

This is the ramblings below of one person, but this sums up the sort of nonsense I see day in day out.

"Leicester have had way more for you than against. Absolute 100%. Lucky little club who I will be glad to see back where they belong next. I'll only be happy when you are **** all again from next season. And htye will be. Their team isn't better than  ours, we have the youngest and best 11 in the league, they're a piss pot club with no future, they play awful football and would be midtable with the ref being on their side."

They all seem to be under the illusion that you sweep teams aside every week and we just grind out 1-0 wins. Now, that might have happened the last few games, but it certainly hasn't the whole season. Spurs have been involved in just as many low scoring games as Leicester (I'm classing games where we score either none or one goal).

Christ, I even had one fan trying to tell me we've spent more than you have. That we spent more on Kante than you had on any player. Despite having several that cost you over £20m. Delusional!

Until all the people on those forums started up on us, all the stuff on here had been really complimentary about you. I still think you're an excellent team, a credit to the league with a great English core and a brilliant manager... despite many fans being morons.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

I think we just need to distinguish between Spurs' fans, and Spurs' internet presence, they are 2 very different things. The noisy minority on twitter and the Spurs forums are a bunch of pricks for sure, but it is not representative of a whole fan base.

It is no different to being on here a few years ago, if you read the forum back then you would think every Leicester fan hated Pearson, the shit spouted in threads and the negative thread titles was awful and made me really question our fans, but every poll that was posted came out massively in his favour, don't let the noisy minority cloud your views of the normally decent but often silent majority as they normally have better things to do than  make themselves look like idiots on the internet.

This.

25667668623_ae187c8c02_z.jpg

Nice headline and story from la Gazzetta, though I'm not sure United are 'molto difficile' and Chelsea only 'media'. The Italians really love us at the moment, mostly because of Ranieri but perhaps also a respect for our catenaccio-style defence.

• Like 1

There's a vote going on on the BBC Sport website regarding the best Forward in Europe's top leagues.

Vardy is 2nd with 15% of the vote at the moment. Suarez is winning (36%) with Aubameyang in 3rd (10%).

The likes of Messi, Muller, Bale, Aguero and Ronaldo are below him :D

• Like 2

crikey, I wonder what rodney fern would make of it..

Also, interesting to note that during the Q&A he commented on the precision passing of the team, something we, according to the stats, have been terrible at. Another argument that Squawka fans will struggle to swallow.

There's a vote going on on the BBC Sport website regarding the best Forward in Europe's top leagues.

Vardy is 2nd with 15% of the vote at the moment. Suarez is winning (36%) with Aubameyang in 3rd (10%).

The likes of Messi, Muller, Bale, Aguero and Ronaldo are below him :D

Put mine in

Of course I don't expect them to be pulling for us, I don't care if people are or not. What I would expect is people to have a modicum of knowledge about the league and the teams that are in it... and perhaps a bit of humility towards a team that cost less than bloody Son. There is so much shit written on twitter, the spurs forums etc from your fellow fans that it just makes them look utterly bitter knobbers.

This is the ramblings below of one person, but this sums up the sort of nonsense I see day in day out.

"Leicester have had way more for you than against. Absolute 100%. Lucky little club who I will be glad to see back where they belong next. I'll only be happy when you are **** all again from next season. And htye will be. Their team isn't better than  ours, we have the youngest and best 11 in the league, they're a piss pot club with no future, they play awful football and would be midtable with the ref being on their side."

They all seem to be under the illusion that you sweep teams aside every week and we just grind out 1-0 wins. Now, that might have happened the last few games, but it certainly hasn't the whole season. Spurs have been involved in just as many low scoring games as Leicester (I'm classing games where we score either none or one goal).

Christ, I even had one fan trying to tell me we've spent more than you have. That we spent more on Kante than you had on any player. Despite having several that cost you over £20m. Delusional!

Until all the people on those forums started up on us, all the stuff on here had been really complimentary about you. I still think you're an excellent team, a credit to the league with a great English core and a brilliant manager... despite many fans being morons.

Well that comment you quoted is just nonsense - it's bloody annoying I know. We've been getting that stuff from Liverpool fans for years. You've just got to ignore it. We have a large fan base that's being let down badly by a few cretins who through the Internet have found a medium for this crap.

As to the 'who's spent more' question I wish we hadn't spent £22m on Son (personal view) lol but our net spend over the last few years has been less than LCFC's and that's probably where this stuff comes from. In truth both our clubs have had an amazing season without financial doping which is great.

Well that comment you quoted is just nonsense - it's bloody annoying I know. We've been getting that stuff from Liverpool fans for years. You've just got to ignore it. We have a large fan base that's being let down badly by a few cretins who through the Internet have found a medium for this crap.

As to the 'who's spent more' question I wish we hadn't spent £22m on Son (personal view) lol but our net spend over the last few years has been less than LCFC's and that's probably where this stuff comes from. In truth both our clubs have had an amazing season without financial doping which is great.

Arsenal have a load of idots as well, but most of them are clearly the glory hunters who know bugger all about football. Sending out steams of abuse from their bedrooms in Asia or Africa, it just seems a bit easier to ignore. I was expecting most of the Spurs guys to be a bit more level headed and grounded, especially as we're a club that has basically won as many domestic trophies in the last 20 years as Spurs. Anyway, I know it's not all... you're ok :D  

I'd imagine most teams coming up will always have higher net spends than those that have been in the league a while. There's so much catching up to do, everyone invests well for a few years without much coming in from transfers, as anyone leaving a newly promoted team won't be worth much. From the season after next I'd imagine anything we spend will mostly come from transfers going out. We'll have acquired assets worth something in the first three years (hence spurs net spend)... rather than having Gary Taylor Fletcher, Dean Hammond and Paul Konchesky on the books like we did after promotion lol

Edited by Babylon

Kind of hard to take that comment that seriously at face value when you consider it's mostly fueled by the Bale money...

As to the 'who's spent more' question I wish we hadn't spent £22m on Son (personal view) lolbut our net spend over the last few years has been less than LCFC's and that's probably where this stuff comes from. In truth both our clubs have had an amazing season without financial doping which is great.

• Like 3

Kind of hard to take that comment that seriously at face value when you consider it's mostly fueled by the Bale money...

Ha ha, well you don't know Daniel Levy very well. He's been balancing the books since Enic took us over, and fair enough. We've always had to sell before we buy with him at the helm. I'm not here to argue with anyone, but look it up if you're interested.

Exactly, the truth is the Spurs starting eleven cost them way more to put together than ours... it doesn't matter that Spurs have managed to sell top players for ridiculous money, they have still spent more on the squad. We can't go around saying we spent nothing if we sold Mahrez for 50 mill. Basically Spurs have been selling and buying for harrods and we have been doing it for Aldi

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Arsenal have a load of idots as well, but most of them are clearly the glory hunters who know bugger all about football. Sending out steams of abuse from their bedrooms in Asia or Africa, it just seems a bit easier to ignore. I was expecting most of the Spurs guys to be a bit more level headed and grounded, especially as we're a club that has basically won as many domestic trophies in the last 20 years as Spurs. Anyway, I know it's not all... you're ok :D  

I'd imagine most teams coming up will always have higher net spends than those that have been in the league a while. There's so much catching up to do, everyone invests well for a few years without much coming in from transfers, as anyone leaving a newly promoted team won't be worth much. From the season after next I'd imagine anything we spend will mostly come from transfers going out. We'll have acquired assets worth something in the first three years (hence spurs net spend)... rather than having Gary Taylor Fletcher, Dean Hammond and Paul Konchesky on the books like we did after promotion lol

Fair point, and as I've just replied to Americanfox, we've had to sell before we buy. The Son money came from offloading the terrible buys we made with the Bale money. People forget that that money went straight away. In terms of net spend it meant nothing - straight in and out again.

Ps. Thank you for your kind words about our manager and team - you're all right yourself mate.

Kind of helps when you've sold the worlds most expensive player.

You've spent circa 180m in the last 3 seasons.

Ha ha, well you don't know Daniel Levy very well. He's been balancing the books since Enic took us over, and fair enough. We've always had to sell before we buy with him at the helm. I'm not here to argue with anyone, but look it up if you're interested.

Are you a fan of Levy? I remember reading an article about how his transfer dealings have been great financially, but have hindered you on the pitch. By negotiating over every detail and playing hardball he gets very good fees on players, Bale, Modric, but the timing of the buying and selling of players often leaves the club under prepared at the start of the season as the manager hasn't had time to get his team to gel. Both Modric and Bale were sold very late in the window, and Berahino was all but signed and the late collapse of that deal, down to Levy meant you started this season a striker short.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3203237/Tottenham-failed-learn-leaving-late-transfer-window-doesn-t-work-starting-season-Harry-Kane-recognised-striker-disgrace.html

I think this was the article, you can see again this season a slow start while the window was open, you dropped 9 points in the 4 games while the window was open.

He also comes across as an arsehole.

Exactly, the truth is the Spurs starting eleven cost them way more to put together than ours... it doesn't matter that Spurs have managed to sell top players for ridiculous money, they have still spent more on the squad. We can't go around saying we spent nothing if we sold Mahrez for 50 mill. Basically Spurs have been selling and buying for harrods and we have been doing it for Aldi

Come on mate. Delli Ali 5m, Eric Dier 2m, Harry Kane nothing, Kyle Walker 4m, Danny Rose £750k, Ryan Mason, nothing, Tom Carroll, nothing. Yep, we've made some big signings, but we're hardly M City.

Come on mate. Delli Ali 5m, Eric Dier 2m, Harry Kane nothing, Kyle Walker 4m, Danny Rose £750k, Ryan Mason, nothing, Tom Carroll, nothing. Yep, we've made some big signings, but we're hardly M City.

Not man city, or Man U... what I'm saying is yes you have done brilliantly, sold and bought well no one can deny it but it isn't comparable to us in any way, we have had to buy and sell at a lot lower level. There isn't a comparison. You do have yourselves the best manager in the league bar Ranieri of course

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Are you a fan of Levy? I remember reading an article about how his transfer dealings have been great financially, but have hindered you on the pitch. By negotiating over every detail and playing hardball he gets very good fees on players, Bale, Modric, but the timing of the buying and selling of players often leaves the club under prepared at the start of the season as the manager hasn't had time to get his team to gel. Both Modric and Bale were sold very late in the window, and Berahino was all but signed and the late collapse of that deal, down to Levy meant you started this season a striker short.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3203237/Tottenham-failed-learn-leaving-late-transfer-window-doesn-t-work-starting-season-Harry-Kane-recognised-striker-disgrace.html

I think this was the article, you can see again this season a slow start while the window was open, you dropped 9 points in the 4 games while the window was open.

He also comes across as an arsehole.

No Captain, I'm not. As I've been trying to explain, many believe his parsimony has cost us on the pitch. I remember when he sold Berbatov and Keane on the last day of the window leaving no time to replace them.

No Captain, I'm not. As I've been trying to explain, many believe his parsimony has cost us on the pitch. I remember when he sold Berbatov and Keane on the last day of the window leaving no time to replace them.

Is that the view of most Spurs fans, or does he divide opinion?

As you've said the net spend and book balancing has been good, although some expensive flops in there, Paulinho, Soldado, you can't argue with the money he has brought in, but that seems to be his priority above the performances on the pitch.  If you have a bad season will the knives be out for him?