Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Not man city, or Man U... what I'm saying is yes you have done brilliantly, sold and bought well no one can deny it but it isn't comparable to us in any way, we have had to buy and sell at a lot lower level. There isn't a comparison

And I'm not trying to say there is. My point is this: we haven't spent money we haven't got, and I'm sure you haven't either. Going into the CL next year neither of our clubs have fallen foul of FFP. That's the comparison between us - not necessarily the amounts involved.

Is that the view of most Spurs fans, or does he divide opinion?

As you've said the net spend and book balancing has been good, although some expensive flops in there, Paulinho, Soldado, you can't argue with the money he has brought in, but that seems to be his priority above the performances on the pitch.  If you have a bad season will the knives be out for him?

He certainly divides opinion. Now the stadium is actually being built he'll certainly get a pass from most if we have a bad season. It's going to be a very difficult time balancing the team and the ground, but whatever I think of Levy he's certainly a shrewd business man. Poch is willing to work to a budget, and that's good, but we'd have looked bloody silly if Kane had broken a leg at the end of September. Had that happened it would of have been Levy's toughest ride. Ridiculous to go into a season with one recognised striker. It does look as if we've got away with it though.

I think our style of play is given a rough and unfair ride. We didn't buy these players to win the title, we bought them to improve a squad that needed surgery after last season. We were looking to improve. We've played the same way all season, it's just that we win 1-0 instead of 3-2 now.

If we'd bought top players and restricted them to get results then fair enough, criticise us. In the main we bought good (one outstanding) players and have managed to remain near or at the top throughout the season. Less than ten games ago we were winning 3-0 and 3-1 away at a title rival.

We're playing the way that suits us, it's up to others to beat it and only two teams have.

I really like Tottenham as a club despite some of their idiotic fans (not the one posting on this forum), they often produce decent English prospects and they are often reasonably successful. If we could emulate what they have done over the past 10 years or so after this season I would be truly delighted, we should aspire to be like them. If a hybrid team was created from current players from both clubs I think it would be pretty level in terms of how many players from each club get in and that is testament to how far we have came as a club over the past few years, its scary to think what that team would actually look like. Vardy and Kane up front, Kante and Alli in the middle along with Mahrez and Eriksen, Alderweireld and Morgan at the back along with Walker and Fuchs and Lloris in goal. That would be a scarily good team. If we don't win the league I hope they do. I'd be gutted but it would be better then one of the usual suspects doing it.

Edited by 4everfox
  • Like 1

Micky Quinn on talksport  lol

Micky Quinn is a proper helmet isn't he.

What's this joker had to say now?

Doesn't like the way we've been playing recently, not entertaining enough for him

Did anyone hear the bitter Forest fan he was talking to at the time? He passed that old ex-girlfriend analogy off as his own work. And they say they they don't care about us.

I think it was sometime between 5:30 and 6 if anyone can be bothered to dig it up.

Doesn't like the way we've been playing recently, not entertaining enough for him

Can anyone with more time than me, ring him up on sat morning and ask him how far that Newcastle team, with flair and entertainment and a massive lead got???

Question - why would you actually listen to Talksport?

Because it's the only radio station in the UK dedicated to sport (unless there's others I'm unaware of). So for sports fan who like listening to the radio, what other choice do they have?

Did anyone hear the bitter Forest fan he was talking to at the time? He passed that old ex-girlfriend analogy off as his own work. And they say they they don't care about us.

I think it was sometime between 5:30 and 6 if anyone can be bothered to dig it up.

Yeah I heard that.. telling them to stop talking about Leicester, those bitter red dogs!