Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

1USLpdw.png

Pretty cool picture showing how our odds on winning the league have changed over the season.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but this was taken from Reddit so they are talking about us on there!

Edited by AndWhat?
  • Like 2

To be fair Bertrand should be nowhere near that team.

Alderweireld should be ahead of him as should about 10 other defenders.

He couldn't spell Alderweireld ....     he had enough trouble with Schmeichel.

• Like 1

Do you honestly think Bayern or Barca couldn't put 8 past Aston Villa?

Ealingfox - don't think they could, no, but then Villa are hardly representative of the actual Premare they. They're a championship side probably after this weekend.

A mid table side put 8 past Villa literally less than a year ago.

A mid table side put 8 past Villa literally less than a year ago.

That was Sunderland but the point is valid nonetheless. City have handed out plenty of big thrashings at the Etihad over the last few years also.

The point about their league games being easier is stupid because its not because the opposition is stronger here or weaker there, its because they are better to start off with. If our top teams were as good as Barca or Bayern then they too would dispatching the bottom 8 teams at walking pace. When these teams are playing our top teams they play presumably at full throttle and beat them 9 times out of 10.

Just seen Mersons predictions....that man just can't accept defeat

Merson's given us and taken away the title at least five times this season. "If they win this game they'll do it", "If they lose here it's gone", "They haven't been playing well but are winning so will stay top", "Actually they are winning but are nervous and will slip up".

We win most weeks yet Merson thinks our title chances have gone from nailed on to no chance and back again.

Edited by Corky
  • Like 1

The actual results themselves are a silly way to justify the strength of a league. It's like saying the Iranian league is the strongest because there are less hammerings.

The best comparison is European competition as they are directly against each other, and even that is only measurable to a degree because it only compares the top teams.

Merson Logic on Arsenal having a go at winning the league

It's a good game really because a draw is no good to either of them. If Arsenal think they are going to win the league then they need to win this......This is a hard one to call because West Ham are doing really well, but no one is better than Arsenal when playing without pressure.

hmmm

Merson Logic on Arsenal having a go at winning the league

It's a good game really because a draw is no good to either of them. If Arsenal think they are going to win the league then they need to win this......This is a hard one to call because West Ham are doing really well, but no one is better than Arsenal when playing without pressure.

hmmm

lol I thought exactly the same when I read it earlier. Doesn't anybody proof read these for him?

That was Sunderland but the point is valid nonetheless. City have handed out plenty of big thrashings at the Etihad over the last few years also.

The point about their league games being easier is stupid because its not because the opposition is stronger here or weaker there, its because they are better to start off with. If our top teams were as good as Barca or Bayern then they too would dispatching the bottom 8 teams at walking pace. When these teams are playing our top teams they play presumably at full throttle and beat them 9 times out of 10.

You're right. I was mixing myself up with that game and the game where Mane scored a 3 minute hat-trick against Villa.

Good read that, amongst other errors it is the second piece I've read recently that thinks Leicester is south of Birmingham, it isn't...

Is it?

I see it as intentional... The author gives you an insight in how a Londoner would (wrongly) perceive Leicester. It's just a hyperbole. Edited by MC Prussian

I see it as intentional... The author gives you an insight in how a Londoner would (wrongly) perceive Leicester. It's just a hyperbole.

No !!! Totally wrong, ot just proves again the poor education of the avg Brit.

Not knowing or researching the old name of the football ground your doing a piece on.

Not knowing you countrys various cities geograhical location.

God what do they teach at school today..

Look my Grammer is poor, but more importantly I can find myself around anywhere , in my country

of Birth, plus if my proffesion was to cover football stories, then I would damn well know beforehand,

their grounds background. Poor acceptance and quality levels...

No !!! Totally wrong, ot just proves again the poor education of the avg Brit.

Not knowing or researching the old name of the football ground your doing a piece on.

Not knowing you countrys various cities geograhical location.

God what do they teach at school today..

Look my Grammer is poor, but more importantly I can find myself around anywhere , in my country

of Birth, plus if my proffesion was to cover football stories, then I would damn well know beforehand,

their grounds background. Poor acceptance and quality levels...

Grammar?