Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

As for Lawro:

Their manager Claudio Ranieri seems to have turned to the Italian approach of defend, defend, defend and try to pinch a goal, which means Leicester have lost a bit of their edge.

That is completely understandable given the position they are in, but they have got to be a little bit careful that they do not go too defensive in the final weeks of the season - if you just keep getting over the line - as they have done in with all those 1-0s in the past few weeks - sooner or later you will get caught out.

....and for most of this season we have defended and countered......does Lawro actually know anything about our style. Did he say the same about Chelsea and Man United when they were winning 1-0. Hope we smash Sunderland 0-4 this week just to see his and Merson's reasoning for us not being good enough at home to beat West Ham.

Edited by biggs

As for Lawro:

Their manager Claudio Ranieri seems to have turned to the Italian approach of defend, defend, defend and try to pinch a goal, which means Leicester have lost a bit of their edge.

That is completely understandable given the position they are in, but they have got to be a little bit careful that they do not go too defensive in the final weeks of the season - if you just keep getting over the line - as they have done in with all those 1-0s in the past few weeks - sooner or later you will get caught out.

....and for most of this season we have defended and countered......does Lawro actually know anything about our style. Did he say the same about Chelsea and Man United when they were winning 1-0. Hope we smash Sunderland 0-4 this week just to see his and Merson's reasoning for us not being good enough at home to beat West Ham.

People have written us off and made excuses all season long, let them continue and hopefully we will continue to prove them all wrong

Up the Foxes

No !!! Totally wrong, ot just proves again the poor education of the avg Brit.

Not knowing or researching the old name of the football ground your doing a piece on.

Not knowing you countrys various cities geograhical location.

God what do they teach at school today..

Look my Grammer is poor, but more importantly I can find myself around anywhere , in my country

of Birth, plus if my proffesion was to cover football stories, then I would damn well know beforehand,

their grounds background. Poor acceptance and quality levels...

Bloody hell - if you're gonna have a go at someone for lack of research / effort, make sure your post is pretty much flawless. I've done the work for you this time!

No!

Totally wrong, or just proves again the poor education of the average Britain.

Not knowing or researching the old name of a football ground you are doing a piece on. Not knowing or researching the geographical location of the major city you are referencing. God what do they teach at school today?

Look, my grammar is poor, but I'm able to find my way around the country of my birth. If my profession was to cover football stories, I would do my research beforehand and pride myself on accuracy, which is not what this fellow has done. I found his piece to be poor both in thought and quality of writing.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

As for Lawro:

Love to know what Lawro's views are on Atletico Madrid who are no strangers to 1-0 wins. 125 clean sheets in 240 games since Simeone arrived. This season they've conceded a whooping 14 league goals.

Lawro knows nothing about football and he knows nothing about our style and approach.

As for people saying we are 1-0 merchants hence we won't know what to do if we go a goal down because we are too defensive minded.

We've scored 55 goals this season. The almighty Tottenham Hotspur who invented football have scored, wait for it, 57 goals.

Leicester 55 goals

Tottenham 57 goals

Arsenal 53 goals

But listening to people you'd think we were West Brom.

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

As for people saying we are 1-0 merchants hence we won't know what to do if we go a goal down because we are too defensive minded.

We've scored 55 goals this season. The almighty Tottenham Hotspur who invented football have scored, wait for it, 57 goals.

Leicester 55 goals

Tottenham 57 goals

Arsenal 53 goals

But listening to people you'd think we were West Brom.

It's amazing really, we have strengthened the defence and just not had the luck in front of goal and we are now considered a very defensive side... yet for most of the season we were scoring as many goals as anyone and regularly coming from behind.

You can guarantee the people who are criticising our 1-0 wins in the past month are the same ones who said we'd struggle once teams started defending deep and allowing Vardy no space behind their centre-backs.

You can never win with these people.

They're either bitter, negative or both.

What our team is doing is absolutely amazing and it has been all season.

• Like 3

Bloody hell - if you're gonna have a go at someone for lack of research / effort, make sure your post is pretty much flawless. I've done the work for you this time!

No!

Not knowing or researching the old name of a football ground you are doing a piece on. Not knowing or researching the geographical location of the major city you are referencing. God what do they teach at school today?

Look, my grammar is poor, but I'm able to find my way around the country of my birth. If my profession was to cover football stories, I would do my research beforehand and pride myself on accuracy, which is not what this fellow has done. I found his piece to be poor both in thought and quality of writing.

ah you see, thats the difference.I am not a journalist, I am a very ignorant poster, who is not trying

to cover a national subject or theme for publication.I like many, on this forum will use or cut short my

sentences, taking many short cuts..I dont care about proof writing/reading, I just like having fun...

Now then if, I was doing a thesis, my approach would be totally different, like my

Technical instruction and document manuals.I admit I am a lazy forum writer...Now shoot me..!!

BEFORE you do, dont forget to carry on correcting the other 90%.... :) .

No!

It's Briton mate.

• Like 2

No!

Totally wrong, or just proves again the poor education of the average Britain. Briton

:blink: Oh dear. Edited by Buce
  • Like 2

Gooners – Don’t let the Bitterness Fester and take your hats off to Leicester

Andrea Rosati •

Deserving

Deserving

“We screwed our chances to win the title,” said Mesut Özil recently

Although I partially share the best play-maker in the world’s opinion, I feel many are actually overlooking or ignoring the amazing accomplishment Leicester City are on the brink of sealing.

Damning of Arsenal not of Leicester

Damning of Arsenal not of Leicester

It’s true that the potential 82 points Leicester could amass are far from being a record in the Premier League and would have resulted in being crowned champions only once in the past decade, however the Foxes harbour a great record against top-half teams and got some illustrious scalps – upsetting the odds more than once.

It hurts to see that we’ve managed to beat them home and away this season and yet we’re eleven points behind Claudio Ranieri and his men (with one game in hand) but this shouldn’t justify any recrimination towards Leicester City: they’ve been better than us all season long, period.

Ranieri and his men

Ranieri and his men

They regularly defeated so-called smaller teams.

They didn’t show any nerve when stakes were really high.

They transformed their stadium into a fortress.

They managed to keep their best players fit and firing.

Of course it is easier when you don’t play mid-week football and no one really expects anything from you, but not many of the players’ that are currently driving Leicester City towards a sporting miracle have much top-flight football experience and could have easily crumbled under the increasing anticipation of a truly epic journey.

The likes of Morgan, Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton, Kanté and Drinkwater could have had their heads turned to big-money moves or could have unintentionally slowed down and settle for a spot in the next Champions League – instead they kept their heads cool and preserved their hunger and humbleness.

Still assisting

Still assisting

We can talk about decisions going their way but there’s nothing new under the sun and any team winning the league in recent years benefited some favourable referring decisions.

Do they spoil Leicester City imminent triumph more than City’s or Chelsea’s? I don’t think so.

Imagine being in Leicester City position, how would you reply to those saying that we’re winning because the league is poor?

Wouldn’t you mention that the team has amassed an amazing 91 points in a year, so far?

Wouldn’t you mention the away wins at Manchester City or Chelsea as evidences of the team’s credentials?

Wouldn’t you mention the fact that the team has the best home record in the league, the player of the year (Mahrez) and the second most-prolific striker in the league (Vardy)?

Everyone would and so do Leicester City fans.

They will win the league and they deserve it more than any other Club because they’ve been more consistent than any rival.

The truth is that Leicester City are on the verge of accomplishing what Arsène Wenger has tried to achieve for years, falling short every season, although with different margins: beat the oil-funded rivals in the title race and show that medals are not directly linked to the amount of money you invest but depends on getting the right players and working on your team’s attitude, togetherness, solidarity and spirit.

No team has ever won a medal for being less crap than its rivals and title wasn’t ours to take just because we’ve been slightly less disappointing than Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United; the title was there for the team that wanted it the most and that team was Leicester City.

• Like 2

Has anyone quoted Micky Quinn yet?

former Derby County academy graduate and Newcastle United star Micky Quinn told talkSPORT he simply does not rate them.

"There's a part of me that looks at Leicester, and they don't impress me... they do not impress me," Quinn said on talkSPORT

"I've probably seen a couple of good performances from them.

"Especially the last three, four games I don't think they've even played well.

"There's a professionalism in me that says I admire them lads like Jamie Vardy five years ago playing in the eighth tier of football... and the lads they've got that were released from other clubs, the professional side of me really admires them for where they are.

"But in what is probably the poxiest Premier League since it started it, they're leading it, now what reflection is that for us next season if they're in the Champions League?

"To me the credibility of the Premier League would be for Spurs to come and pip them at the post... to me Leicester aren't even a good team."

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/08/pundit-goads-leicester-city-with-controversial-opinion-on-title/?