Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

No !!! Totally wrong, ot just proves again the poor education of the avg Brit.

Not knowing or researching the old name of the football ground your doing a piece on.

Not knowing you countrys various cities geograhical location.

God what do they teach at school today..

Look my Grammer is poor, but more importantly I can find myself around anywhere , in my country

of Birth, plus if my proffesion was to cover football stories, then I would damn well know beforehand,

their grounds background. Poor acceptance and quality levels...

Hello, fuchsy.

Not having a go at you and your oftentimes entertaining, if only a bit disjointed, comments, but you do realize that I was making a point in case for the author of the VICE piece, seeing that he probably put "Leicester... south of Birmingham" in there for a reason.

The article itself is a reflection on how Leicester as a city and the club are perceived in the rest of the country, in particular in the capital. So, in that regard, he does try to imitate a typical Londoner's ignorance aimed towards us. "Leicester... south of Birmingham" is but a metaphor for that train of thought.

Edited by MC Prussian

Ex Cov....He has been writing us off from day 1..every week he tips us to lose ... he has never won a major honour so knows nothing about winning... his opinion is about as good as his care for horses....

Bloody hell - if you're gonna have a go at someone for lack of research / effort, make sure your post is pretty much flawless. I've done the work for you this time!

No!

Totally wrong, or just proves again the poor education of the average Britain.

Not knowing or researching the old name of a football ground you are doing a piece on. Not knowing or researching the geographical location of the major city you are referencing. God what do they teach at school today?

Look, my grammar is poor, but I'm able to find my way around the country of my birth. If my profession was to cover football stories, I would do my research beforehand and pride myself on accuracy, which is not what this fellow has done. I found his piece to be poor both in thought and quality of writing.

Average Britain - sorry, should be average Briton - as in 'Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves, Britons never never never shall be slaves!' etc

Xavi in FourFourTwo: "I hope Leicester don't blow up"

Can you imagine if Leicester won the league? Let’s hope they don’t blow up and get ahead of themselves, because it’s easy for perceptions to change.

The thing is, Leicester have a good team. They’re very compact, Jamie Vardy is so quick on the break and Riyad Mahrez has great quality. Did you see that volleyed backheel assist [in the 2-2 draw with West Bromwich Albion]? Outrageous. I flicked over from La Liga just to watch it.

N’Golo Kante is a phenomenon in midfield and Danny Drinkwater and Christian Fuchs, the left-back, are very solid too. Robert Huth is huge at centre-back.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/xavi-i-hope-leicester-dont-blow-title-chance
  • Like 1

Ex Cov....He has been writing us off from day 1..every week he tips us to lose ... he has never won a major honour so knows nothing about winning... his opinion is about as good as his care for horses....

I remember him as being just a fat target man in a poor long ball Coventry side,  not really sure what qualifies him to comment on what makes a good footballing side (results are a good indicator), especially when we have played some stunning stuff this season, but have adopted a more cautious approach as clubs try to stifle us.

I swear I hardly ever see Tigers fans in Leicester. They're all posh twats from the countryside.

That and all over the midlands. Leicester is the same as any other English city - football is by far the most popular sport. For a rugby team Tigers are popular, but they're doomed to always be the bridesmaid for playing a shit sport that most people don't watch

• Like 2

When Engelbert gets a mention in article regarding LCFC you know your in trouble..

You're in trouble when they mention Vaz

Williams thinks the club’s move in 2002 from central Filbert Street to the King Power Stadium made that easier. The new ground is a rather charmless construction on a commercial estate on the city’s outskirts. 

I don't understand the significance of the new stadium's location considering it's a coin throw from the old ground described as central. It seems like an attempt to suggest it's an out of town location and that has affected attendances/mix of people going. Otherwise why even mention it's location.

That and all over the midlands. Leicester is the same as any other English city - football is by far the most popular sport. For a rugby team Tigers are popular, but they're doomed to always be the bridesmaid for playing a shit sport that most people don't watch

Anyone who says "You don't see them fall over like that in Rugby" should be hung drawn and quartered imo.

Anyone who says "You don't see them fall over like that in Rugby" should be hung drawn and quartered imo.

"Rugby is better because you can drink a pint in the stands"

I can drink a pint while a goat gnaws on my ballsack but I don't really want to partake in that either.

• Like 2

This is over the top tbh. Is no one allowed to say a single negative thing because we are top of the league? I'm sure plenty of people on here have criticised teams doing well before. What about boring boring Chelsea. It's as if anyone who doesn't say wow Leicester is amazing wonderful is talking nonsense. Strange...